“Far better than we ever expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FERGUS Paraiso Beach Hotel

FERGUS Paraiso Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Far better than we ever expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned 2 days ago from this wonderful small all inclusive hotel and we loved the place from the minute we walked in to the minute we left.

I would highly recommend booking here and I would ignore the highly critical review that was posted recently.

We were here when this lady was and yes she is entitled to her opinion, however myself and my husband do think this is uncalled for and I would hate for this to put other people off from staying here, so I am writing this review to reassure anybody who has booked and also to give the Paraiso Beach the credit it deserves.

I researched everywhere for a small adults only all inclusive hotel and this hotel was one of the cheapest that I found, with a good location and that looked and is really lovely and spotlessly clean - this is exactly what we got.

There certainly is not a cockroach or cleanliness problem here. The cleaning staff worked so hard cleaning morning noon and night and the place is cleaned to a very good standard.

There is a wide selection of all inclusive drinks that taste absolutely fine and is supplied from 11am-12am!

The food I honestly thought was very tasty, varied and actually much better than the one night we did eat out when we were on a trip.

Yes there was pork, but there was also chicken, beef, lamb, liver, ribs, sword fish, salmon, prawns, muscles, tuna, paella, pasta, potatoes, chips, wedges, salads, vegetables, lasagne, burgers, soups - the list goes on! Each night I was spoilt for choice by the selection of what to eat and was always pleased with my choice.
The deserts were fab too, fruit, cakes, jellies, custard, ice cream - just loads!

The breakfast was also tasty and plentiful. You could have cereal, fruit, yoghurt, pastries, a full English breakfast - what more could you ask for?
I tried everything over the 2 weeks and I wasn't disappointed at all.

I always looked forward to the lunch too. Admittedly it is a bit fresher the earlier you go, but I loved it whether I went at 11 or 5.30!
Here you had a choice of sliced meats, cheese, fish and salads if you wanted to make up your own sandwich or salad. Or there was always burgers (delicious), chips, vegetable stir frys, pasta and rice and a few other options.

There was also cake and fruit from about 12-5.30 ontop of all this and if that isn't enough than the freezer by the bar has a constant supply of ice cream!

This was above and beyond what we expected and this is only some if the food, so I am sure even the most fussy eater could find something everyday and if they couldn't then I honestly think they wouldn't be happy in any all inclusive hotel and would probably be a night mare to go to a restaurant!

The entertainment was varried over the 2 weeks we were there. My favourites was Danny murphy, Harry James, Joanne jollie and him and me. Each of these play in all of the 5 star hotels nearby and even in the likes of the very popular Charlie's bar, we really enjoyed them - even bought a cd or 2!

The quiz night went down well and Juan the adorably lovely Bar man tried so hard in the karaoke even singing himself if nobody wanted to get up! He was so funny.

There was only a small slot of entertainment in the day which was the cocktail making or every now and again a Scubba diving lesson, but we liked the fact that you could chill and not be harassed all day. If we did want to be, then we would have booked a hotel that wasn't adults only!

There is a tv in the reception which you can catch up on soaps and sports and day time telly to make you feel at home if you wish!

The pool area actually wouldn't be a problem at all if people didn't selfishly leave the towels on all day long without using them. However I did always manage to get one especially after 2-3 when people started moving their towels to go out etc.

I did speak to the rep Jamie who was very helpful and he said that they have bought the bar next door so they will expanding the sunbathing area.

The pool was nice, not the cleanest I've ever been in but certainly not dirty or enough to put me off going in. The area around the pool is great with lots of tables and chairs and I thought it was a nice touch when havvi the young bar man came round everyday with fresh fruit.

Our bedroom and bathroom was spotless. And towels changed daily and beds always clean. The room size was average to what we have stayed in over the years and the bathroom was fine with a good shower.
We didn't have a fridge in the room, but we didn't need one - you have food and water on supply from 8am - 12am so u really do not need one.

The aircon and tv remote control are free, you just leave a 10euro deposit for each which is returned when you check out.
I'm on holiday so didn't need the wifi, but I did email home once or twice on the computer in reception which cost 1 euro for 10 mins.
We didn't feel feel the need to use the safe, so we didn't spend a penny when we checked in, therefore please don't worry about the comment about spending 100 euro before you even check in!

There is a mixed age group at the hotel ranging from about 17-70. I'm 33 and never felt out of place at all, it was great not having kids around the pool and very relaxing.

In all I think this was a very good value holiday compared to what we have spent on self catering holidays in the past and an excellent choice for our first all inclusive.
I thought I would get bored eating and drinking in the same restaurant for 2 weeks but I did enjoy the surprise each day of what we were getting and helping yourself to as much of whatever you liked - we must have saved a fortune!

We did get out and about, walking to and from Santa eualia, along the coast and around the town. We also got the bus around the island and visited Ibiza town.

We had drinks in a few bars in Es Cana and enjoyed even more entertainment from other bars and enjoyed acts like the drifters, freddy mercury, Bon jovi and loads more.

It is a very English resort and I don't normally like that, but it was a refreshing change. As much as I like Es Cana I don't think I would return, however if I could pick up Paraiso beach & their hard working cheerful staff and take them to my next holiday destination then I would do so in a flash!

Therefore if you have booked to go here please don't worry and take any negative reviews with a pinch of salt - some people do just like to moan as much as they will never admit it!

6 Thank kegs80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Wishaw, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights. The hotel itself is clean but is in need of refurbishment. However, the staff are 2nd to none. From the welcoming cocktail to the restaurant/bar staff, nothing is too much trouble. The lunchtime menu is the same most days, but dinner was varied and plentiful and we had some lovely meals. Juan's bingo is hilarious but I would give the karaoke a miss. The remainder of the entertainment was good, especially Me and Him. Would certainly return to this hotel, but 11 nights in this resort is too much as it is not the biggest resort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Margaret K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

On the 21st August my partner and I arrived at the hotel with our suitcases and we were met by the wonderful Juan and his tray of Welcome cocktails . What a lovely touch. Our room was extremely clean . The beds were basic and the shower had seen better days but overall it was good ! To me the food was lovely but my partner does not enjoy the Spanish food so sometimes he struggled to get to vary his food choices at evening meal times. I must say though that we both thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts . Outside the pool is rather small but extremely clean . There needs to be more loungers for the towel rush in the morning . I was wondering whether Juan could buy the empty bar next door and extend the outside space. Finally the staff are Great , from the young lady who cleaned our room to the Fantastic Juan ! We had a Super time !

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

well what can i say i dont know how people sya this is a nice hotel to stay in food was horrible and involved pork everyday ,food which was not eaten at lunch was warmed up for dinner,breakfast consisted of your usual cakes and cereal but the cooked option was burgers and onion rings waith rubber bacon and uncooked sausages not nice
the food which was cooked for dinner especially the meat was undercooked and raw
the bar staff try hard but they cannot make up for basic holiday needs with a smile!

there was no entertainment at all in the day and the evening entertainment which lasted for 2 hours was very poor quailty

the pool area was not cleaned and if you wanted to stay in bed past 8.15 you had no chance of getting a sun bed for the whole day people actually get up que from 7.30 until the doors are unlocked @ 8 to get beds

there were cockroaches round pool area and in ladies toilets

when you check in beware you have to pay for aircon remote,tv remote,safe and fridge if needed so by the time you have checked in it costs you 100 euros i think this is why they give you a free cocktail so you can get over the shock

the rooms were cleaned the best and shower cubicle is really small

i am not a moaner and stay in 3star hotels all the time but this should a one star
on the back of it the rosort was lovely most of the other holiday makers were nice and we made the most of a bad situation as for for people saying it was amazing i can only think there expectations of a good quality hotel are very low

so we will jot be returning and i would advice anyone under the age of 65 to not conpemplate staying here either

Room Tip: ensure you book a pool side view if you arebrave enough to stay here becausethe other side of hotel...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank stacey b
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hi there, cant understand people not liking this hotel unless they are used to 5* hotels the food is plentiful and lots of choice, the hotel is clean and the staff are great. When we were there the ages ranged from 18-65ish and we had a lot of laughs. Juan and the team at the hotel work incredibly hard and everyone was so friendly we cant fault this hotel.

Room Tip: we had a superior room on the top floor..the balcony was huge and had sun most of the day.
1 Thank lyn1968
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We have just arrived back from out stay at this hotel. Our overall impression was good. The hotel was basic but clean, it needs a bit of upgrading but in general no big complaints. Regarding the food and the dining room? The food was not the best; it could very easily be improved at no great expense and little details attended to. But it did not spoil our holiday. We were delighted with the relaxed dining times, the dining room is pretty much open from 8 til 9:30, there are set breakfast, lunch and dinner times but there are snacks and drinks on offer all day so if you miss breakfast or lunch you will not go hungry. The entertainment was good enough and not in your face. The pool area is small and like everywhere we have ever been there are some people who stick their towels on the sunbeds in the morning and then don’t show up until late in the day which is annoying. I also think that the hotel management could think about creating at least one small outdoor area where smoking is not permitted. We have no objections to people enjoying their holiday and having a smoke but it is very unpleasant to have smoke filling your lungs when you are trying to relax in the sun if you are a non-smoker. During the time that we were there we observed that the smokers were actually in the minority and some of them were very considerate and moved over to the tables to smoke but others were not so considerate and would have taken their cigarettes into the pool given the chance. By far the best thing about this hotel beyond a doubt is the staff, they are the most hard working and friendly hotel staff we have ever met.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have a good balcony and a pool view
2 Thank Laura S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel in a superb location! We found the staff incredibly helpful, couldn't do enough for us. Nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent, lots of choice . All inclusive deal was excellent having drinks all day long, perfect in the heat. The cleaners work extremely hard to keep the hotel clean and it was always gleaming! Kitchen staff were excellent as was "juan Antonio", full of energy and a proper character running the bar and entertainment he is a legend! Don't take any notice of any of the bad reviews on here, some people will always find fault. You will have a great time and won't be disappointed. ... we will return!

1 Thank keefb1
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,671 reviews
Invisa Hotel La Cala
Invisa Hotel La Cala
#11 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to FERGUS Paraiso Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!