“Nice, friendly clean hotel!”
Review of Caribe Ibiza Hotel

Caribe Ibiza Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and little girl (2) for a week at the beginning of July. I was very wary at first due to the constant bad reviews. Some people aren't happy unless they're complaining about SOMETHING. The rooms were perfectly clean, fresh towels every day and rooms cleaned 6 days a week, I think our bedding was changed once or twice too. Maids do an EXCELLENT job. The staff were really friendly and saw to our every need. The pool area was nice but could have been a bit cleaner, noticed on a couple of mornings that there were a few cigarette buts, plastic cups and sticky sweets on the floor from the day before. This is probably more due to scruffy lazy Brits though as there was a bin a meter away. Baby pool perfect and shallow enough for our daughter to climb in and out of by herself. Plenty of subnets to go around. Struggled sometimes at night to get a seat to watch entertainment if e got there at 9.30 for it to start at 10pm. Bingo (with good prizes!!) and good variety of shows. Food was good but could be a bit samey. It's all down to personal preferences. We all got fed up of it at the end of the holiday and on the very last day we ate every meal out and loved it!! With all inclusive you can feel a little bit bound to the hotel, so the freedom on the last day was wonderful, we spent the day in Santa Eulalia which is beautiful and well worth a look! The waitresses work work work their backsides off in the dining room. Es Cana is lovely and the beach bars make you feel like you're a million miles away from your troubles......bliss!!! There's a little fairground too which we took our daughter to almost every night. She loved it! Overall lovely family holiday, would recommend the hotel and resort to anyone wanting to holiday in Ibiza.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank mayoung

Reviewed July 18, 2012

After reading the reviews for Hotel Caribe we were really worried and thought about changing hotels, I am glad we didn't though! We found Hotel Caribe great. Great location, food was fine, hotel staff were fine and the cleaners were superb.
I have stayed in Es Cana 3 times and this hotel was the best so far.
I have nothing at all to complain about the location in Es Cana is great.
The entertainment staff work extremely hard all day and night.
The kids club provided is great and we could not thank the girls enough.
If we were to return to Ibiza I would book Hotel Caribe.
Do not listen to the bad reviews this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: 216 is a great room for over looking the pool and you can watch the entertainment from the balcony...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LouisenDavid
Reviewed July 18, 2012

me, my partner and my 3 year old daughter katie stayed here in may and can not fault it we had a fab time so much so we have booked already to return next june and cant wait!! I have to start by talking about the kids club the 3 girls there were fantastic nothing was to much trouble katie was a bit unsure the first few days and didnt want to go in but they made a fuss of her and welcomed her so much so katie became the first child sat at the door waiting for them to open the doors by the 2nd week wanting to go in, this was a lovely break for us as we could sit and relax by the pool and still see her, have a couple hours to ourselves whilst knowing she was happy, safe and def not board as she was well looked after and entertained and making new friends. The food was good a different choice of mains each night and lots of varitey if you couldnt find something you liked that was on offer i would be worried. the bedrooms were very clean and tidy had everything in it you needed not that you need to spend much time in them. Entertainment was a typical AI type but to be honest it was a laugh if nothing else you make your holiday your own if you go with the intention of complaining or low expectations that is what you will get if your willing to have a laugh and giggle thats what you will have. We met some lovely couples and familys there who we stay in touch with now. We had heard about the police coming to the hotel after we left but we met the couple who were involved before we flew home staying there and im sorry but you can not blame the hotel for a few selfish people that ruin it for others it was a young couple who were loud unpleasant selfish and a embrassement to themselves but they could of been staying anyway it wasnt the hotels fault that they were unlucky enough for them to choice that hotel to stay (theres always one!!). the pools were great the large pool was good and the entertainment team often put on games during the day in there, the small pool also good size and handy by the kids club so if your sat round it you can see the little ones from the sunbeds :-) over all brilliant hotel got everything we paid for and more and PLEASE dont be put off by some twisty people we were worried by reading some reviews before we went but so happy we didnt listen to them bottom line its clean, tidy, food and drink included, entertained, kids WELL looked after what more do you want or need from your holiday, and for the snobs out there that expect everything IF YOU EXPECT 5 STAR PAY FIVE STAR!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sarahmalonek
Reviewed July 18, 2012

After recently returning from a week stay at the hotel caribe with my family including 7 adults and my 3 year old . We had a fantastic time ! After reading terrible reviews about this hotel i was not looking forward to my stay there ! It was quite the opposite the hotel was very clean food was delicious with plenty of choice ,the staff were all so very helpful and friendly and the thomas cook rep was very helpful also. The entertainment team worked really hard to make everyone feel involved but i'm not really bothered about entertainment as we like to do our own thing on a night time. The resort itself was very good with alot of nice bars resturants and shops.The beach was only a 2 minute walk away from the hotel and was set in a lovley small bay. I found that the bars, resturants and shops were reasonably priced also. To sum up our holiday , very good hotel and resort and would return again ! I do feel that this hotel has had alot of bad reviews and there do not deserve it ! I personally feel that most of the bad reviews on this hotel was just knit picking and think that most of it boils down to the fact there want to pay 3 star prices but want a five star hotel !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank luke072
Reviewed July 18, 2012

After watching two middle aged scotch men having a full blown punch up in the middle of the hotel bar. in the middle of the atfernoon over a spilled drink.. 3 feet away from me and my six year old son. werehotel staff did NOTHING !!! to intervene !!! I can safely say that me and my family wont be back to the hotel caribe.....Go at your own risk !!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank rickymcm
Reviewed July 17, 2012

me & my partner & 18m old are just back (a week since )from the caribe & we were worried abou t the poor reviews but IGNORE THEM ALL ITS FAB ! rooms cleaned excellent , maids found 10 euro & left it on bed ! food great ,,dining room busy but arent they all ? staff & bar staff all efficient & all drinks brilliant , evening entertainment not so great but all our toddler wanted to do was run about so he enjoyed it ! swimming pools & bar areas all lovely & clean ,, again -- DONT READ THE BAD REVIEWS we would return to this hotel again

Room Tip: we asked for low floor pool view and got it
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank claire b
Reviewed July 16, 2012

A great hotel, we went as a couple but I could see how great it could be for families. The entertainment/ swimming pool was brilliant from what I saw.

Also I have never seen a hotel so obsessed with cleaning !

We had b and b and the breakfast was superb except for the hot drinks. They were terrible, tasted fake and the machines constantly broke down. Why not have fresh coffee./ tea in jugs ?

The other negatives are the extras they want to charge. This is not the cheapest hotel so charging 15 euro for a safe and 5 euros per hr for wifi seems excessive.

Location is fine as you get the beauty of being away from the likes of san antonio but can enjoy the delights of it when you want as the bus services are very good and it only takes 35 mins by bus to San Antonio and Ibiza Town.

Santa Eulica is near and has a nice beach and bars too.

Overall a good experience but but get out of the 80's and stop the silly charges.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 13 in Es Canar
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
Sol House Ibiza by Melia
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent

Been to Caribe Ibiza Hotel? Share your experiences!