Spent 10 enjoyable days at a lovely family hotel that is certainly better than its official 2* rating. New air con in rooms was great.
Excellent location, just minutes away from most things in the resort and 10 min walking distance from the Hippy Market held every weds.
I emailed hotel before our visit and requested two rooms overlooking rear pool, nice to arrive and be given the rooms we requested.
Plenty of sunbeds, rear pool doesn't open until 10 which prevents people from claiming sunbeds too early. Rear pool closes at 7pm and on one day there was a minor incident about people not leaving on time, perhaps a clock by the bar at the rear pool might stop this happening in future.
Cleaners do a great job, hotel is sparkling, rooms cleaned every day apart from Tues and the majority of the receptionists, bar staff and waiting staff do a fantastic job in a friendly manner.
The food is of very good quality, both Spanish and British inspired food is provided by the team of Spanish chefs, very good selection for size of hotel. On a couple of the nights we had roast beef and lamb dinners and I think you would struggle to get better roast dinners in the UK.
The day time entertainment was low key, both adults and children got involved with things such as shooting and archery. The evening entertainment was a bit hit or miss, a couple of the professional acts were good (singer Danny Murphy and a couple who sang acoustic songs, sorry can't remember their names). Perhaps a few more professional acts would raise the level of evening entertainment.
Overall an excellent family holiday booked with Thomson for about £50 per person per night for half board during the school holidays - excellent value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set just 100 m from Es Canar Beach, Hotel Anfora Ibiza features terraces, swimming pools and an outdoor spa and fitness area. There is also an on-site restaurant, Restaurant Azul. Air-conditioned rooms are spacious and bright, and include a TV, safe, hairdryer and free WiFi. Restaurant Azul offers a breakfast buffet, and both international and local cuisine. Guests will also find a pool bar serving cocktails, and a lounge bar. Hotel Anfora Ibiza has courtesy rooms where you can shower on check-out day and leave luggage. Punta Arabi Hippy Market and Chirincana Bar are just 50 m from the hotel. Sant Eulalia can be reached in a 10-minute drive, while Ibiza Airport is 30 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Anfora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anfora Playa Hotel Es Canar
- Anfora Playa Es Canar
- Hotel Anfora Ibiza/Es Canar