“Excellent”

La Finca Can Suldat
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Es Canar
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Barbecue and open grill, built around 1712.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was the favourite of all my places for entertainment and food can't say anything bad about this place even the toilets were the best. Food was to die for and entertainment was excellent we went twice would of went more but wanted to try didn't places.

2  Thank David A

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Visited this marvellous out of the way restraint 9thaugust 2012. Steaks cooked to perfection staff very helpful venue lovely traditionally Greek
Only small place so do not tell too many people about it

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I visited La Finca Can Suldat after reading the reviews! I'm so glad that we went (2 adults, 1 child - 7 years) What a fantastic traditional Spanish gem!

The restaurant is candle lit, with wooden chairs and tables, the ceiling above is all vines hung over giving it a very cosy and authentic feel. The menu is small and in Spanish, but don't worry the staff are very helpful if you don't understand. We shared mixed tapas to start, then for our main meal,I had pork in green pepper sauce, with roast potatoes. Loads and lovely! My fiancée had a huge steak, and child had pasta in a cream sauce. All of it was eaten... so full!!

Nearly everybody in the restaurant was Spanish, and there was a Spanish guitarist playing and singing into the night. We got the bill, then decided to stay longer and got another bottle of wine!

Really refreshing from the 'tourist/british' food of Es Canar!

1  Thank Innocent-Eden
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Visited this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. The food was great and the staff were lovely. We went as a family, 2 adults and 4 kids ranging in aged from 5 to 17. We all loved it. The menu is very simple with only a few choices for each course and the mains are all meat based so not really a vegetarians choice but the food was fab. Melt in the mouth steak and beautifully cooked potatoes. Our son wanted pasta but the sauce on the menu had mushrooms which he doesn't like. The chef happily made him a lovely fresh tuna/tomato sauce instead. We didn't order for our youngest we just all shared some with her and there was plenty to go round. The red wine was beautiful too. The waitress/maitre d' didn't speak any English so we got a chance to practice our very poor Spanish but were helped out by the owner and the chef who both spoke great English. The kids really enjoyed the opportunity to practice the Spanish they were learning in school.
All in all I would totally recommend this restaurant. It was something a bit different and has an authentically Spanish feel - unusual in a resort which has mainly 'tourist' orientated restaurants. Definately worth seeking out.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My sister and I had been staying at Es Cana Camping. Each day we had taken the obvious walk, to the right, from the entrance of the campsite. In five minutes we were at the beach where many restaurants and kareoke and bingo nights were in abundance. On this quiet Sunday afternoon we decided to take a left instead. My sister had said she felt there might be something special at the end of the road.
We hadn't a bottle of water between us and very soon became extremely thirsty in the intense afternoon sunshine. We had walked slowly indeed for ten or fifteen minutes when we saw a sign for Can Suldat. It was an oasis in a desert that day, so we walked towards, past the lemon trees, stopping to take photos.
When we arrived at the restaurant, the door was open, but the business was not, not untill early evening. There we met the owner, eter, a Swiss man with excellent stories, who kindly offered us each a beer and a bit of shade. Being as it was not open for business he refused to take our money; seemed we were visiting an old friend! He let us have a snoop around which was fascinating as the farm (finca) is three hundred years old this year. it delighted us! The decorations were quirky and curious, the place was spotlessly clean, the breeze blowing through trees that grew right out of the restaurant floor. For sure, the trees were there first...
A few evenings later, my sister and I decided to return for dinner. Peter had mentioned that a reggae band would be playing. He said that if we closed our eyes, we would hear Bob Marley. And he was not exaggerating. The band were awesome and played for hours. I returned a few nights ago with a friend and this time listened to a different kind of music... Exceptional guitars and voices that blended, reminiscent of Sting.
All this to say and I haven't even mentioned the food! There are many reasons we dine in restaurants, but for sure, the food is a priority.
So I am happy to say this is more than a place of historical and contemporary interest. The food blew us away! The first time I dined I ate the 'Cafe de Paris' steak with chips. It was cooked to perfection, served with a garlic butter. We noticed the attention to detail, the care that had gone into the cooking and presentation - for example, the chips had been cut so each curled like a shell. My sister is a sommeliere and has worked in fine restaurants for many years, so hers is an eye and palate not easily fooled. She noticed fine touches such as a sprinkling of paprika on the plate. For me, it was the bread. The bread oven there is large and of course, very old, made from thick stone. There was a white bread and something homemeal with nuts in it. It was succulent and cried out for no fatty spreads, and was delicious for mopping the plate. The plates were returned to the kitchen as if they had not been eaten off!
I must also comment on the salad. I am a big salad lover - I would actually recommend the salad on its own even! The sauce was creamy and flavoursome. It made me rethink the dressings I always make at home with simple oil/vinegar or citrus blends. In fact, the next time we visited we had it served seperately in a jug. Being from the north of England, this is kind of like asking for more gravy... It's the best bit.
A little comment about the wine. I am no wine buff but is impossible to take a meal with wine with a wine-fan and not learn a little something. Yes, I could smell and taste mango and apricot. And the wine balanced throughout the entire meal. That is, it didn't become bitter as my mouth was flooded with the flavours of the food. My sister advised me that is the mark of a good house wine, that it must compliment the menu completely and continue to please and refresh the mouth as it journeys to the final sip, with dessert.
For dessert we had melon and banana, the banana had been given the Can Suldat treatment, that little bit of magic, and even though I was truly full-up, there was room for another flavour yet. The coulli had been made from a red berry, I know not which, and it was flawless, and very pretty to look at. Presentaion is very important here.
All this may make the place sound like one of the many sophosticated reataurants on Ibiza. But the prices were reasonable and the atmosphere was bohemian.
If ever I want a steak in Ibiza, this would be my place to come.
The Chef came out to say Hello and brought us each a small glass of Limoncello, which they also make on the premises. A most amiable fellow from Ibiza, with an impressive background of training from the world class school El Bulli, which my sister informed me was a three-star Michelin restaurant. The chef amused us with tales of the cleanliness he learned there. I doubt many other restaurants in Ibiza have four stages of washing and rinsing for their serving plates!
The current owner has a big responibility as this restaurant is famous amongst locals, and I am sure they will be pleased as he continues to offer a really splendid setting, world-class dining, and a chilled-out style of doing it all.
I wish them every success and look forward to my next meal there.

9  Thank Deborah M