“playa sol appartments escaner ibiza”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Es Canar
Apartments Playa Sol
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Es Canar
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“playa sol appartments escaner ibiza”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

apartment had all you needed ,kitchen space lounge area with table and chairs separate bedroom with bathroom ,balcony with fab views over little harbour and beach and very handy for ferry ,bus, bars and restaurants cant really fault any thing.
Peter on reception was very helpful with information on the area .pay a little extra for a sea view well worth it .

Room Tip: book sea view room
2 Thank 401cindy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
kent
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed at the playa sol apartments for two weeks. One bed apartment was spacious at the back of the building but could have been designed better. Balcony was tiny barely fitting two chairs and small table One person had to sit down before the second one could also sit on the balcony. No good if four of you are in the apartment. It didn't work logistically. Six apartments at the front had large balconies over looking the beach. Noise curfew at midnight thankfully as we could hear music from jacaranda lounge and Anfora hotel behind very loudly which meant we couldn't get to sleep before midnight. Maid service everyday and towels were changed every day unnecessarily, even a sign in the bathroom said about not leaving lights on and wasting water! Every other day would have been OK. Family run with their own restaurant underneath which served good food. The family made you feel very welcome and always said hola to you if you were walking by.
Peter at reception is hardly ever there and I'm not sure really what he does. When we arrived he spent about 30 minutes telling us about the area,we arrived with other people and he unconfidentially made us all decide if we wanted a safe or not before writing in a book that we could all see who had a safe or not. I was not impressed by this and think he needs to think more about the safety implications of this and making people feel uncomfortable.
Good location but missed a pool. We used the one at the Anfora hotel behind a short walk away but you are lucky if you get a sun bed.
Sun beds on the beach were expensive €5 per bed and another €5 if you want an umbrella. Lovely view.
Overall clean apartments but balcony and no pool let it down.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank unhappy008
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was our first experience self catering. The apartment was spacious and reasonably well equipped overall.The place was clean with basic daily room service. The kitchen area had a full size fridge and microwave, but cooker would not have serviced a family [resembled the size one might have taken for camping solo]. However, we were content to eat out in the evening as there were plenty of eating places which were very reasonably priced.

Location: superb - literally opposite the beach
Negatives: swimming pool access was at other hotels a short walk away

Eating venues:
Restaurant linked to apartments - well priced [10 euro for 3 courses - discounted for residents]
Friends Chinese restaurant - ate here several times [6 euro for 2 courses with a drink; wine, beer or soft]

Things to do:
'Train trip' [opposite apartments] - afternoon trip was interesting but over-priced for what it included
Hippie market - Very crowded and expensive but many people seemed to enjoy it
Charlies - always has some entertainment on in the evening including bingo beforehand and the drinks seemed to be quite reasonable.

Altogether enjoyable stay, really liked the area

3 Thank HappyCoupleIreland
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Firstly we went into these apartments totally open minded, having stayed in big hotels and family run apartments in Europe so we have experienced a lot of variation. The price is excellent, couldn't ask for any better to be fair, certainly beats spending a week in the UK and is on par with other apartments I have stayed in across Europe, and the area is lovely, great beach, great restaurants (not on the main strip though) and a 10 minutes bus ride from Santa Eulalia which is a gorgeous town.
The main point for this review though is the apartment. As I have said, price excellent, couldn't fault it. We arrived at 4am after a late flight along with another group. Peter who met us was very nice, however as your sure you're aware after a late flight you just want to find your pillow and get a couple of hours sleep, but after what felt like 30-40 minutes, Peter was still talking about the area without really having any consideration for his guests who may want to sleep. I am not a rude person, and love finding out about the local area but maybe a welcome pack might be better? If it was in the day I honestly wouldn't have minded, his stories were good, but not when I felt like my head was going to roll off my shoulders and being rude to the gentleman really isn't my style.
I got up to the apartment, cockroach, which was swiftly dispatched out the window, which I'm sure it got through during the night and they do creep around at that time so this cant be blamed on the apartment cleaners but again thought it would have been checked and maybe just leaving the air con on and closing the window may be better than this first impression.
During the week we were woken twice as loud guests came in, inviting friends in even though it clearly states that they were not allowed in, they even knocked on our door at 3am, apologising when they realised that they had the wrong room. The issue here is that because nobody is on site at all times nobody hears or see's this, and reporting it seems pointless after it has happened. I understand this is Ibiza, we went out too, however being courteous to other guests is the least expected or someone on site who can ask them to chill out a bit!
Then on the last day Peter decided to knock on the door and ask us at 11.30am if we were aware that we had to be out by 12pm as he had guests arriving, in fact they had already arrived! Again I felt this was quite rude seen as its obvious we would be out by 12, we just wanted to make sure we could get as much sleep as possible seen as our pick up was 12.05am that night and we were unable to have a late check out. If we were late out I would understand but we were entitled to be there and to make paying guests feel unwelcome on their last day is a bit discourteous. I also found it rude that the cleaning staff decided to let themselves in at 11.45am without knocking.
Apart from these issues the apartments were ok, very big rooms, fully equipped as I would expect from a self catering apartment, all of the rooms apart from the 1st floor, the balconies were very small, enough for 1 chair and a small table or just 2 chairs but couldn't stretch out. The rooms were very clean, and the staff were very nice. The restaurant which is part of the same building was good, watched lots of the football there and the staff were fantastic, very accommodating. If you cant get a late check out room (at 40euros I thought this was very expensive) then you are able to leave cases at the bottom of the stairwell and use the toilets to have a quick wash etc.
Would I come to Es Canar again, yes, definitely, would I stay at these apartments again, not sure, the value is good, and I suppose you get what you pay for but the level of service I felt didn't live up to previous reviews.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms appear to have a big terrace rather than the small balconies of other floors.
2 Thank Greeklightning
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here for a week in June and I very much echo previous reviews. The location is spot on for the beach of Es Canar, the ferry and of course, the hippy market. The apartment was huge (104) with a separate lounge, large bedroom and very big terrace. Be careful not to enjoy a glass of wine on your terrace after midnight, we woke/annoyed the neighbours much to our embarrassment. Breakfast was decent, but completely devoid of fresh fruit and veg. Typical 'brits abroad' breakfast, with eggs n' bacon and giant slabs of white toast. It'd be nice to have the options of a continental breakfast, cured meat, fruit etc. I'd buy fruit to take the beach so all is not lost, but a shame none the less.
The apartment block is set within a stone's throw of all the bars/restaurants of the resort. We found the resort to be, for a better word, a bit 'tacky'. I was hoping we'd be escaping the rat race of English tourists...we didn't. Think tribute acts, TV's everywhere showing football/Britain's Got Talent. The big plus point is that the beaches are beautiful and whilst busy they're not too crowded. You must walk to the neighbouring beach about 15 mins away. You need to clamber over rocks and stony paths, but it's totally worth it.
The Playa Sol apartments are fine. Big, clean, helpful friendly staff, secure and close to the action. And, I must not forget to mention they're very very very good value for money. I'd stay here again but not in Es Canar.

2 Thank Suzie B
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just returned from Sol Playa Apartments, Had a great time the weather was lovely all the week we stayed. The apartments are clean and the view from our apartment was a sea view with a great view of the bay. The only thing I can say is that we had a wonderful time apart from having to buy disinfectant to put down the drains as they smelt really bad at night and the electrical sockets are not placed in a suitable place to use the kettle and the microwave at the same time, try and plug in an electric toaster as well and it is impossible to cook a snack without having to unplug one appliance to use another. The food in the Miranda restaurant is a little pricey for what you get and the 10% residents discount card is pointless as they are 10% or more higher than the Las Arenas or the best food in Es Cana at the Mar y Vent next to Charlies bar. The only thing that really spoilt our stay was on our way home when the manager (Owner) banged on our door when the coach came to pick us up although I had said to Peter the night before when I handed my keys in that I would be using a private car to to us to the airport. He was very abrupt and a fellow resident accused us of holding the coach up at the airport on arrival although I had told the Thomson's rep that we would be using a taxi. Clearly something went wrong and it was not our fault, regardless I apologised to the other resident but this was received with a very curt response. Would I stay at Sol Playa apartments again "No" I would stay at the Es Cana apartments more expensive marginally but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. Alan Butler. 7/06/2014 - 14/06/2014.

Room Tip: 206 with sea view great view of the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Alan B
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

just got back from staying at the playa sol for 1 week, had a brill time, had room 306 on 3rd floor with sea view, and what a view, pete on reception was very helpful with anything, theres airbeds, parasols etc under the stairs that guests have left behind for other guests to use, rooms are basic with a very powerful shower, fridge, elec kettle, mini oven, toaster, hob etc, safe deposit is 20 eur for the week, we stayed in a 1 bed apt with 2 single beds in bedroom and 2 more proper beds in living room unlike some others that only have sofa beds, and if theres nobody on reception theres a note book to make any questions or faults and will be sorted asap, hope this helps you all whos staying at playa sol

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family