Dora Apartments Argirades
Hotel Bruskos(Agios Georgios)(Great Value!)
$19
$16
Areti Studios(Agios Georgios)
$36
Sandy Beach Resort(Agios Georgios)
$164
$92
  • Breakfast included
Blue Sea Hotel(Agios Georgios)
$25
Travelocity
  • Pool
Golden Sands Hotel(Agios Georgios)
$70
TripAdvisor
Spiros Hotel(Agios Georgios)
Bookgreece.com
Agrilia Studios(Agios Georgios)
TripAdvisor
Labranda Sandy Beach(Agios Georgios)
Labranda Sandy Villas(Agios Georgios)
Hotels.com
All reviewspanorama restaurantst georgepool barself cateringair conrelaxing holidaybars and restaurantstoilet rollrooms are basickettle and toasteroverlooking the seaseagulls restaurantsmall kitchensmall resortplenty of sunbedsfellow guestsdecent size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just back from a stay at the Dora apartments. This is a separate building from the Dora studios under a different owner, but in the same grounds as the studios. It contains four apartments, two facing the road and one at each side. The apartment has a downstairs kitchen/dining area and bathroom/shower. Upstairs is the bedroom. Both downstairs and upstairs have a balcony area. The apartments contain the usual accessories already covered by other reviews. There are two points readers need to be aware of. There are stairs which are quite narrow with a deep step height to go between both floors. They werent a problem for my wife and I but if you get up during the night or have difficulty in doing stairs at home then they would be a problem. The other point is that the two side apartments have double beds while the two facing the road have two singles put together. I would go back again as the staff at the pool and also at the restaurant were all very friendly and keen to make you stay enjoyable. The only downside is the noise from the town on a Friday and Saturday night. As our bedroom was one floor up we seemed to hear a lot of noise which people staying in studios facing the pool didnt hear.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you want a simple, basic, clean base to enjoy this great resort from this will suit you. Apartments are basic but clean and comfortable - shower is powerful even if it doesn't look flash. Small balcony but has table and two chairs - we overlooked pool and enjoyed many a morning watching the towelfest ballet from those who could be bothered to get up early to snaffle sun beds (why bother when the sea and beach are so fantastic) - still room for the late risers though. Staff are efficient and charming - rooms cleaned every day bar sunday. Kitchen area has fridge, kettle, toaster two electric rings and equipment for two (including corkscrew) Air con quieter than a lot of places we have stayed. Only a really short walk to tavernas and beach - 5 minutes and that is not running pace either (as if you could in that heat). Overall great value apartments with all requirements for those who enjoy sun, sea, beach, food, wine - you get the picture - if you're the hotel loung lizard type I guess book elsewhere. Yamas !

Room Tip: Overlooking pool you get sun in morning and shade in afternoon but its still real hot!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank b00sun
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Dora studios in St Georges South. This is our second stay at the Dora which is centrally located to the main stretch of the resort.We stayed there the first time because of its location as I had just had a hip operation and I knew I would have no walking difficulties in and around the Dora and I had easy access into the resort. We have actually been to St Georges five times now and we never get bored. The rooms are very clean, though basic as most Greek self -catering accomodation are.There is air conditioning and safes in the rooms that you pay extra for, What you have is a good base to the resort which is family run, and the family run the Panorama restaurant at the end of the road and offer 10% discount if you eat there. The pool is clean and the pool bar is open 10am till 6pm. There is no reception but you only have to go to the Panorama if you have a problem. This resort is quite low key with some lovely bars and restaurants. Food in the restaurants is reasonably priced and varied whether you like a lamb kleftico or a pizza. I may go self catering but the only thing I cook is my toast for breakfast and there is a toaster in the room! There is a lovely stretch of sandy beach at each end of the resort and a large lake behind. Kostas' boat trips to Paxos and Anti Paxos and to the Blue Lagoon and Sivota on the mainland are brilliant and value for money at 28euros and 25 euros, BUT please book directly through him as some travel companies are selling his trips at the welcome meetings, and at a time when the greeks have financial difficulties and need our support they are being taken advantage of. Dimitri at the Balcony restaurant offers good value food and a song if you are lucky! Oceania looks out to the most beautiful sunset as you eat and the Stomata bar has severals screens to keep you up to date with the sport. This year there seemed to be less mosquitoes as the lake had been sprayed earlier in the year, but the ants on the beach took a liking to my ankles instead! In a way I don't want to praise it up too much as I don't want my little piece of heaven to get to busy and spoilt for when I go back again. This place is my secret!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the pool, but away from the bar.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CornishSumo
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in the Dora for 2 weeks in July and we both had a lovely time, the apartments are very clean and well maintained and all the staff are lovely. The pool area is great! It is very peaceful and clean and the bar serve plenty of drinks and snacks throughout the day and afternoon. We would have given the Dora a 5 out of 5 however the shower was a bit of a nightmare as we always managed to flood the bathroom after every single use... my last issues is that the local clubs played very loud music until the early hours of the morning and sometimes this would wake me up and/or keep me awake.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room facing the pool and up the further end of the resort as some of the clubs play VERY loud music at night time and this kept me awake.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Emily G
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My friend and I visited Corfu this year to visit a friend that lives in Greece. We booked this hotel as last minute and were a little worried about staying there as the hotel was only rated with 2 stars. However, when we arrived we pleasantly suprised. The hotel is in a fantastic location, surrounded by bars, restaurants and shops. The supermarket at the end of the Dora road is in a good place and has helpful staff inside to help you choose the best items. The Panorama restaurant is exceptional located opposite the hotel. The food is amazing and very good value for money. We often used this restaurant 3 times a day! For breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are many bars located near the hotel too where you can get a good cocktail or a wide selection or beers/lagers.
The hotel itself is lovely. The room we stayed in was a twin room with a small kitchen, bathroom and balcony. We could not find fault with the room, it was clean and the linen was fresh. The bathroom was spotless as was the kitchen. The air conditioning was 6euro per day which was a little expensive but definitely a neccessity as it is so hot! The maid service comes everyday except for Sundays and leaves the room smelling fresh and the bed linen either changed or she will have remade the bed.
The pool is lovely and clean, with plenty of sunbeds to choose from and big parasols around the pool to put up if you need some shade. The pool staff are very helpful and the menu by the pool provides a good selection of snacks and drinks.
We would definitely visit here again not only because our friend is out there but because the hotel was so clean, welcoming and relaxing. Great place for a holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends