“Great time had by all”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agios Georgios
Hotel Costas Golden Beach
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Agios Georgios
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Lovely location, great snorkelling in clear blue seas, very warm and friendly family hotel, very relaxing, lovely beach tavernas in vicinity, pool and tennis court were fab, and the Sunday morning 5-a-side is great fun! Really good magic show one of the nights. Dimitri, DIna, Anastasia and Spiros were brilliant hosts, and made us feel very welcome, plus Sam and Baby Spiros in the bar/restaurant were very entertaining! Great fun stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicolagardner

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just back from CGB another 10 days of relaxation and excellence. Cannot fault the hotel and the food, facilities are wonderful. Those who look for cleanliness and application to detail are in for a positive experience. The familey atmosphere from the reception to being waved off at the end of your stay feels warm and genuine and I will be looking forwrad to the next visit.
Thanks Anastasia and all the staff.

Room Tip: upstairs sea view
1  Thank Charles_Maggie
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It almost seems pointless saying the same old, same old, but these guys deserve every excellent review they get. So from a marketing perspective I thought it worth saying something a little different.

In these modern times, marketing has led virtually every company to sell in at the cheapest possible price and make their money with add-ons. 'All inclusive' package holidays are no exceptions, with only the bear basics included. Personally I avoid 'all inclusive' holidays as I feel it has a detrimental effect o the local bars and restaurants that rely heavily on the tourist trade, so I booked Bed and breakfast only at the Coastas Golden Beach, although myself and my partner did eat here on 4 nights out of my 7 night stay.

Now I don't want to mislead anyone by saying absolutely everything is included here, I merely want to point out that the family owners seem do everything they can to include it if it doesn't impact on their bottom line...Plus a few thing that do, but they don't make a song and dance about it. On the Sunday the owner organised a 5-a-side match and laid on free water and beers after the game...all with the compliments of the owner. A really nice memorable touch. Wi-fi is free. The meal prices and drinks are very reasonable for a hotel.

But the one thing that is unique and makes this hotel stand out as special is the family. Every minute of every day the owner, his wife, daughter and son are smiling and trying their very best to make your holiday not just good, but memorable. It is a stark reminder that the number of stars an establishment has, is no reflection of your hotel experience, it it was this place would get 10!

To sum it up, a really lovely family run establishment with traditional values that keep the place impeccably clean. Oh, nice bit of low key entertainment in the evening.

Many thanks to Dimitris and his lovely family.

Best Wishes Pete

Room Tip: I think there are about 40 rooms that mostly face the sea. All seem fairly quiet. There are a few ro...
4  Thank SmartBloke
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Like others that have stayed in this hotel recently I had a good look on tripadvisor to see what the wife (honeymoon) and I were letting ourselves into. Couldn't believe the reviews before so went ahead and booked this hotel for the week after our cruise on the Thomson Majesty -which I must say was also fantastic! I am a pessimist, not one that finds faults just to have something to moan about, but I tend to think negatively about things before they happen. I thought the hotel surely cant be that good or excellent...

The hotel is quiet and peaceful, it is clean and the grounds are very well maintained but where this hotel leaps ahead of other hotels is the customer service. I didn't even have to say what my name was, they all went to the effort of calling me by my name straight away from the moment they happily greeted us on arrival and continued to do so all week. Every time one of the family saw my wife and I they would ask us how our day was and converse with interest and give advice when necessary. They could not do enough to help you. THERE IS NO ATM in the resort! My wife and I were a little annoyed not to be told this by Thomson before hand... BUT Dimitri and the team were happy for you to put every thing on a tab and pay at the end of the week on debit/credit. They even said that they would give you cash to spend that you could also pay back at the end of the week. Luckily we got a hire car so found an ATM but the trust and respect speaks volumes.

Really enjoyed the football that Dimitri organised which was played with a little more seriousness than expected but was for all abilities and it was nice to see Dimitri and some of the boys also playing - was bloody hard work playing at midday in the 36 degree heat, but we had great fun and was a good way to meet other people. Dimitri is not a bad player but glad to say we beat Dimitri's team but he still treated everyone to a free beer after the game and botttled water during the game and could not teasing me about a rematch next year!

This is a three star hotel- so expect to find facilities reflective of that, but if you are after a peaceful, clean, enjoyable holiday where the food is good and fresh, where you can walk a few steps to a lovely beach, where the views are beautiful, where you feel like you truly are one of the family and truly welcomed, then this is the hotel for you. Enough said... and to say I was really tempted to be the first to rate it as awful! haha... great work Dimitri and the team! Long may it continue!

3  Thank Daniel D
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We chose this hotel to stay in after cruising for the first week after looking at the reviews on Trip advisor.
The reviews were fantastic and we couldnt wait to arrive there, every thing said in previous reveiws were spot on.
We stayed there from the Friday the 19th of July to the Friday the 26th of July.
When we arrived we were met by the owner Dimitri, who sat us down in the reception and gave us a cold drink while he explained every thing that we needed to know.
The hotel as every one said is immaculate and clean with beautiful gardens and flowers tended by Dina the wife of Dimitri who is lovely, also the daughter Anastsia and son Spiros were also very friendly and helpful as were all of the staff
The meals were top class and freshly cooked, the salads I thought were amazing with a different variety every day and all the items were from their own garden.

Although as said the resort is very qiuiet and not for any one who likes a lively night life.
That said it is in a beautiful area with some lovely walks to go on.

We cought the bus out side of the Hotel one day and went up to Pagi to have a look around and had a drink in the 007 bar, the owner came out when we first got there and gave us both a cold glass of water which I thought was very nice of her.
We walked it back down and it took us about 50 minutes to get back to the hotel .
So we had a lovely relaxing week there after the hectic cruise the week before and thoroughly enjoyed our selves.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kathy044
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This hotel is really first class. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you leave, you are made to feel like one of the family. We stayed from the 26th July for 2 weeks. The staff are so friendly and interact with all the guests. The food in the hotel is excellent . The rooms are plenty big enough and have sufficient storage space. The pool area has a view to die for, and there was no problem getting sun beds. The resort is quiet but it is the ideal place to stay, if you are looking just to chill out. You will struggle to find a better hotel than this in Corfu.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are delightful with private balconies that have some shade in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank bouncingball2017
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I wasn't going to write a review as it seems pointless as I will be re-iterating what everyone else has said. It was our first time at Costas as we usually go 4-5* All Inclusive and decided to do something different this year and go small and friendly. We paid half of what we usually pay for a summer holiday and received the best customer care we have ever had from any hotel. The loveliest family with genuine care for their residents. The first couple we met were there for the 15th time! Everything has been said before. Cleanliness second to none, food excellent but above all the family and staff make it the best hotel we have been in. Don't go if you are wanting night life as it is a quiet resort but if you want a relaxing enjoyable holiday with views to die for this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bella Vista Hotel & Studios
Grecotel Eva Palace
Grecotel Eva Palace
#2 of 3 in Kommeno Bay

Been to Hotel Costas Golden Beach? Share your experiences!