Overall we had a great budget, all inclusive family holiday. Here is my honest and detailed review.
Journey and arrival
The plane journey on the way in was sensational. We were so close to the sea, thought we were going to land on it! Stunning.
As we arrived into the hotel, we were greeted by Dawn, (lovely helpful lady). We were all offered nice cold drinks of juice. Much needed! Very warm also :-)
Our room was situated next to the pool and slides. We were given a huge double family room, with two large balconys, and two large rooms. We also had a living room area!! Perfect for a family of four.
Dining and Drinks
At first our room wasn't quite ready, so we wee given a map, and directions as to where the restaurant was. The lunchtime buffet was ready and open, so we helped ourselves, and sat outside in the terrace. You could help yourself to a selection of cold and fizzy drinks, and red, white or rose wine if you preferred. (Absolutely)!
The food was very varied, and outstanding in my opinion. And I'm the type of person that will try anything! Feta cheese and salad was in abundace, so I was made up!! :-)
Also bear in mind that there are cats and kittens everywhere you look, they don't cause much if a problem, and will happily eat any of your left overs if you offer!
Late lunch was also available, again same variety..but not as much. Great for a late afternoon pick me up.
We were greeted on most occasions by the lovely and polite waiter, who brought out drinks. Made us feel very special.
Surroundings and Beach
The water park was excellent, three different slides...and Billy (the life guard) even let us go down on our inflatables!! Had so much fun, the adults had more fun that the kids!!! Fantastic.
There is a pool bar available for all kinds of drinks, cocktails, beer, ice cream, cakes etc. Didn't want for anything! Also there is a larger pool extended on the slides pool, a chance to escape all the fun! (And to have a nice swim)
Late afternoon was enjoyable, catching that last bit of warming sun. Nice music playing by the poolside, having a cocktail...or two!!
The beach is beautiful and relaxing. The sea is the calmest Iv ever seen. Lots of fish to be seen. Very pleasant. There is also a little pontoon a bit further out...and can be reached easily. I made it over on my rubber ring!! Just pure bliss.
To your right a little further up in the dunes...there is a lake..if you fancy a strenuous walk! Again, an experience!
To be honest...there wasn't really much going on. But we understand this was the end of the season. But that's ok. Simply walk towards the beach, turn left, and there you are. Lots of lively little taverners. On the last night we had a beautiful meal at the sea side restaurant, the ended up in the karaoke bar, where Ozzy tribute was performing!! Had such a good time, Lovely atmosphere.
A couple of nights a week they did have a singer on in the lobby bar, which was nice, and had us all up dancing.
In the nutshell, We thoroughly enjoyed it. We can't wait to come back in October. Just go with an open mind and relax. The kids will have a blast. Thanks to all staff!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aquis Sandy Beach Resort acquired by Aquis Hotels and Resorts from the summer 2009 onwards. It is an extremely family friendly property, located on the sandy beach of St George South West, Corfu. Apartments will be refurbished in order to achieve the highest standards of hospitality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Sandy Beach Hotel Agios Georgios South
- Palm Beach Corfu
- Hotel Aquis Sandy Beach
- Palm Beach Hotel Corfu
- Sandy Beach Resort Corfu/Agios Georgios, Greece