“Lovely, friendly and clean”
Review of Theo's Hotel

and 1 more site!
Theo's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Agios Georgios
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just got back from a fortnight at Theos hotel. We arrived late but were warmly welcomed by Theo and Elena. At first we were a little unsure as we were told we would have to use a room that is not usually used as it is small and at the back of the hotel. Theo was most apologetic, offered us free air conditioning for the time we were in that room and said they would move us in 3 days time. To be honest the room wasnt too bad, spotlessly clean and basic. When we changed rooms however we realised what we had been missing, the views from the rooms at the front were amazing! The pool area was lovely, very quiet and peaceful.
At all times during our stay the staff were helpful and friendly. Theo and Elena the most wonderful hosts, nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were cleaned every day and linen and towels changed regularly. The shower room was much as you would expect in Greece but always clean. Mosquitos were a problem at night so a plug in repellant and some good body spray are a must if you like to keep the balcony doors open. Otherwise air conditioning is available for 5 euro a night.
We did eat at the hotel some evenings and the food was fine, although we did find other places in the area which we preferred.
The walk to the beach took about 15 minutes which we were ok with, however I wouldnt recommend it to anyone with mobility problems.
All in all we had a great time here, the hotel is a bit dated but what it lacks in sophistication it more than makes up for in old world charm and friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: All of the rooms at the front have good views but the top floor rooms have the best if you dont mind...
5  Thank Diana804

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The rooms are small but adequate. The bed is hard. The shower is minute. The hotel is clean.
We ate two meals there - the food was very average, almost all the other meals we ate out were superior.
Theo and Elena are friendly until they realise you want to be an independent explorer - you then get ignored - this suited me fine !
The hotel is also in the middle of nowhere being 15-20 minutes up and down to the beach, restaurants and bars. It has nice gentle views but otherwise the location is just inconvenient.
If you are someone who goes on holiday to sit by the pool, stay in your hotel and do quiz night (??!!) then this is the place for you.
If you are adventurous and independent and want to explore then go somewhere else

12  Thank bbza
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent a week at Theo's hotel and we had a great time. The hotel is situated about a ten minute walk from the beach. Our room was very simple with probably the smallest bathroom you'll ever see, but it was perfect for us. We had wonderful mountain views from our balcony and enjoyed watching the swallows fly by. The room got cleaned every day. The pool was very clean and you can get some snacks, drinks and even lunch there during the day. We dined most nights in the hotel the food was well made and home cooked, generous portions and very reasonably priced. They had a daily special on which you have to pre-order in the morning, they were always fresh and delicious. The breakfast was the only let down as it consisted of a small continental style buffet which didn't change at all. It was perfecly good for us for we only stayed a week, had we stayed longer it would have become very repetative. All in all if you would like a relaxing quiet holiday in beautifull surroundings then Theo's is the place to go.

2  Thank Chefinsky
Reviewed July 18, 2013

lovely welcome from Theo and Elena .Ground floor room good,otherwise lots of stairs to climb ,great if you want spectacular views .Very nice Hotel and all the staff very efficient ,food was of a high standard and evening meals always freshly cooked .Beach a bit of a hike felt like more than 600 mtrs ,good if you are a keen walker .I can understand why so many people return to this very relaxing Hotel, great location comfortable lounges to just sit and read .Transfers ok not as long as 2 hours ,coach waiting for second part of return to airport . Thomson flight home delayed 10hrs that was the only hiccup to a very nice holiday .Overall a very nice resort low key only saw 1 disco and that didnt get going till late ,our thompson rep Alison was great very helpful always smiling and couldnt do enough to help you .I would recommend Theo Hotel to anyone who wants a peaceful location and very welcoming hosts .

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view groung floor if you have difficuty walking up lots of stairs.
1  Thank 1,968,134
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Went back to Theo's after a great week in September last Year. This time at the end of June 2013 Not disappointed, as now the pool bar is open from 10.30 till 17.30 and the sunbeds and parasols have been upgraded and lots of room. Although the hotel was full and Elena Theo and the staff were very busy we still felt as if we were getting individual attention. Especially myself who had been in hospital for the first two days. Everyone could not do more making sure we were alright and needed nothing. And that it what sorts this hotel out and shows the dedication they have to ensure everybody enjoys their stay. And the reason many return. Thank You again Theo Elena and staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wonkydonkey123
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Im feeling very homesick for Theos as my husband and myself have just been home for a week.
Once again we had a super holiday meeting up with friends we have made at Theos.
It is a special place where you can relax and unwind have lovely meals watching the sunset over the bay. Theo Elena and the staff make you so welcome.
We did one of the many walks and then relaxed by the pool where food and hospitallity was available.
It is a quiet resort but this really suits us and the village of Pagi has a lovely taverna Romeos and a village pottery

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marl55
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have just returned from Theo's and find this hotel one of the most difficult to review. There are good and not so good things to say about the hotel. I can only comment on my own experience. The hotel is one that has many people returning year after year, some have been going for twenty years or so. We met some lovely people who shared with us their many experiences there over the years. What appeared to happen is that the returners used the restaurant and bar facilities most evenings. This certainly made for a good atmosphere in the bar area if that is what you wanted to do. Guests organised quizzes, played guitar and sang. It all added up to a good evening, if you like that sort of thing. A Greek night was arranged by the management on a Saturday evening and again most returners would attend. We attended the first Saturday and enjoyed the live music. My wife and I decided on the following Saturday that we would meet friends in the village. During that Saturday we were asked by Eleana the wife of the owner whether or not we would be attending the Greek night. We said no as we were meeting friends in the village. She said bring them with you, I said we might. Later on that day I was again approached by Eleana and asked if we had seen our friends to invite them to attend the Greek Night. I said I had not. It was then suggested that I ring them. I said I would see and that we might go. Her reply to this was I do not believe you. What she did not believe I do not know. Consequently my mind was made up not to attend the Greek night. Unfortunately from that point on the very welcoming approach we had so far encountered from the management seemed to cool. When on holiday I do not want to have to answer to anyone, if I wish to eat out, drink out then that is what I will do. We had dinner four times at Theo's and had good meals each time. We ate in the village at other Tavernas seven times and had good meals each time. Some of which were considerably cheaper. The resort was exceptionally quiet with a number of owners saying that if business did not pick up they would have to close. With the exception of Dixtia most had no more than ten people in all night, many with less. Many tavernas had already closed. This is probably typical of what is happening in Greece at the moment. The problem is that if the resort dies then Thomson will pull out of the two hotels there, Theo's being one of them. Perhaps Theo's could continue without Thomson I don't know. Theo's perhaps would benefit from being half board in future years if it means so much to the owners to cater for guests at dinner. All guest were bed and breakfast giving freedom to eat where you wished to eat....except that was not the case here, others guests commented to me that they had had to sneak out of the back door to avoid the management at dinner times and that their room keys had always been requested. I certainly, when in Greece like the freedom to eat where I like.
Breakfasts were very good, the rooms were clean with excellent views of the valley below and the bar area and restaurant excellent. The swimming pool area was in good order and the usual fast food was available at lunchtime, although I did over hear a conversation that two euros for a small cup of tea was a bit much.
Wi fi connection was available in reception and fairly fast.
As I have said the resort is struggling and I felt needed a bit of a tidy. Bins were rarely emptied.
Pagi, a lovely village about a 30 minute walk away is worth a visit. The Romeo cafe there is excellent.
The Thomson transfer is not good, pick up was 30 minutes late and then we had a half hour wait in a small mini bus before being transferred on a larger bus that had been to Sidari to take us to the airport.
All in all we had a good holiday, met some great people but felt uncomfortable when not making the most of the hotels facilities.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
#11 of 39 in Sidari
Blue Sea Hotel
Blue Sea Hotel
#7 of 15 in Agios Georgios

Been to Theo's Hotel? Share your experiences!