“Great hotel, lovely breakfast and spa facilities”

Grand Rose SPA Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kuressaare
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great hotel, lovely breakfast and spa facilities”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Me and my friend have stayed in this hotel 1 night in September this year. We were on our aviation trip weekend, flying various airlines and visiting small airports in the area. Kuressaare was one of the places we stayed for 1 night. I found the hotel on booking.com for a price of 39 eur/night/2people incl. breakfast. We were not disappointed. The breakfast was very nice, lots of choices from sausages, meats, smoked salmon, to sweets, pancakes, toast, jam, tea, coffee, juice. Really good hearty breakfast. The hotel is right in the center for the town. It has great spa facilities, with saunas, swimming pools, turkish steam rooms, all included in the price. No complaints here as most other places in europe would charge extra for this. I would come back again if I was planning to go to this island.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank alespesl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
Estonia
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed at Grand Rose Spa several times and it's one of the best spa-s in Saaremaa and all of Estonia. I have been to most of the best SPA-s in Saaremaa (Georg Ots Spa, Johani, Rüütli, Arensburg) and all over Estonia and can I can say without a doubt that it's one of the best. Not necessarily THE best but among the top 2 in Saaremaa... I like Georg Ots Spa a bit more but it's also pricier.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new annex
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaans
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stayed in Grand Rose Spa for just 1 night on Saturday in May 2011. The building
is nice and rooms are pretty. Ours was on the second floor, penthouse-style room with fanlights.
The room was generally clean, but little dusty. Interior of the room was nice, consisting of double-bed, 2 armchairs, desk and chair as well as 2 nightstands and wardrobe. There´s also a TV on the wall. The bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom is quite small and towels are little too worn. The walls aren´t absolutely sound-proof, so when a baby next door started crying at 6 in the morning no futher sleeping was possible. Almost every sound made next door is audible.
The Spa and relaxation area is quite small. Swimming-pool is large enough to just bathe, don´t expect nice swimming place. There are several saunas of different kind. I liked their two steam-saunas. There are 2 jacuzzis with different temperature of water. WC in the spa area was filthy and smelly. There are no lockers available for the hotel guests so while swimming you could just leave your keys etc at the spa area reception.
We had a dinner at their restaurant and this was very good. Food was delicious and service very nice. Their mojito was one of the best I´ve ever got here in Estonia.
The receptionist was not very friendly, but restaurant staff delinetely was.
Overall experience is nice, but not great. The place is nice, but for me more then 2 days there would be too much. Fortunately I didn´t have to pay for my stay as received a gift-card. It seems to me that prices are quite high there and I am not sure I´d be satisfied with spa area if I paid full price.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JullyTheTraveller
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The building as such is nice but all the services are so incredibly overpriced that only someone really angry with one's funds would choose this hotel.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank miisukat
Kondrovo, Russia
Reviewed October 27, 2010

So I booked it with the help of Saaremaa rally organizers. The site is perfect, but a small parking area but anyway I everytime found a place for my car. The room was big one with everything needed. There is a swimming pool in the hotel and I really enjoyed the breakfast. On another side of the street a new bar opened - so I have a lunch and dinner only there. In fact I think that this hotel for me is the best site to spend the time at Saaremaa rally event. Next time will book only it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Latvia, Riga
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Not my design style (too much roses, etc).
Clean, but some weird things - receptionist was not very friendly, cosmetologist does not speak either Russian or English, SPA reception is by pools - so to make/amend reservations you have to get up to your room&change shoes&then get to the pools for 1 question&then everything again to change back. Ordering tea in restaurant you get a tiny cup.
I did not like: while having a massage, I could hear people by pools and both musics (in the massage room and that from the pools). I did not like that there is just 1 atrium window in pool area - you can't look outside. If I rememeber correctly then just 1 indoor pool and 2 jacuzzis.
Don't get me wrong - it is not a bad hotel.
Just I expect smth more from SPA.
Didn't like the atmosphere there - it was not a cosy hotel. I would choose some other Saaremaa SPA hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sanita_Latvia_Riga
Tallinn
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Spa and all the related areas (saunas, showers,..) were in very nice condition and very clean. The main swimming pool was very nice. Rooms were clean with a great bathroom.
All the extra treatments had reasonable price and had a decent duration. Breakfast was very good too.

Negative points were:
- We had an "all food included" pack and lunch and dinner were quite bad and cheap quality
- Women doing the massages were not extremely friendly, they were simply correct and polite.
- The nice big swimming pool was full of annoying children during the whole weekend. The lack of a parallel children swimming pool brought all children to main swimming pool.

But overall I had a nice time for a decent price. I strongly recommend this hotel if you dont have the "included lunch/dinner" and have a la carte menu.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple