“Possibility of thieves, annoying music, rude receptionist, nice pool”
Review of The One Ibiza

The One Ibiza
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Milan, Italy
“Possibility of thieves, annoying music, rude receptionist, nice pool”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our room was on the first floor with the balcony over the pool. Every morning we woke up because of an annoying tune they played to greet the Going customers. The room was a simple double but had a third bed (but was definitely small for three people). The restaurant had a lot of choices every night. The staff spoke fluently italian (better than spanish) and most of the tourists were from Italy. The hotel is 10 minutes away from the port of Ibiza and we spent a few euros taking cabs every night (you've got to call them yourself. you can also rent a motorbike at the reception); the pool was big and clean, the animation staff wasn't needed.
The hotel had just a low wall that sepatared the pool area from a rocky trail accessible to unknown Ibizians or possible thieves, and we heard that several robberies have occurred (not in our room though).

The last day of our vacation (Sept 1st 2008) we had our flight at 11.30 PM and so we scheduled the hotel checkout for Sept 2nd, but in the morning of 01/09 a rude receptionist, Alessandra (I guess that was her name), called saying we were late for checking out. We explained (for the second time, because she already knew it) that we had our checkout on 02/09 and she was like "you've never told me any of this. I have guests arriving so pack your bags and leave". We were disgusted by such rudeness.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vicenza
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I went to this hotel last year because of a special price of the tour operator Going. I was a little worried because of the reviews I'd read before.
The hotel is very good ( non a four stars but an honest three) with an amazing view from the swimming pool. The rooms are very simple but clean and with a very large and new- painted bathroom.
It's not so closed to Ibiza town but you can easily reach it in 10 minutes by bus or by motorbike.
The only negative thing was the meal; the menu was repetitive, and the fish dishes not so good.
Going staff was ok, very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
boston
Reviewed November 23, 2008

The Good: Sensational location, very nice rooms, excellent price for what you get.

The Bad: They overbooked the hotel when we arrived and sent us to a different hotel. They cater to tour groups and the twenty individuals that came for a wedding were sent packing.

After two night at a different hotel they had a room for us. It was excellent. We just had a sour taste from the frustration of arriving after traveling around the world to get to the hotel and finding out they overbooked. If we went back to Ibiza we would stay here again!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not having a room when we arrived
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

london
Reviewed September 20, 2008

fantastic place to stay close to everything worth being around, treated very well by staff spoke good english could not have been more helpful. room clean and tidy food great cannot fault in anyway would stay again had a great two weeks all of us 7 girls fantastic!!!!!

• Liked — staff were so helpful
  • Disliked — nothing it was great
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Well what can I say about this hotel....

Great location, gorgeous buildings, amazing pool, breathtaking views..

unfortunately i didn't get to enjoy any of that...as when we arrived at 3am tired and groggy from the in-flight, diazepam, we were informed by the receptionist that there was no room for us (in the hotel that we had already paid for) as the hotel was over booked!
May I just take a moment to add here, that this was despite us having confirmed the room with the hotel both 14 and 7 days prior to us arriving..

anyway..back to the review..

The very compassionate and friendly receptionist clearly did not appreciate that my italian extended much further than Grazie and per favore...and explained to her manager on the telephone in her mother tongue...that there were 3 suites available (a fact which she denied when I explained that I understood italian very well - the only positive coming from a very negative relationship with an ex boyfriend...but again .. i digress)
This being an avenue that they didn't care to explore, we were told that we would be shipped off to playa d'en -chips and curry sauce please -bossa (no thanks) to another hotel..

Both my friend and I had spent many an hour pouring over brochures and websites, taking care to book just the right location....and ironically it was the negative reviews from fellow brits on tripadvisor who had commented that this hotel was "not for the brits" that actually persuaded us to book this particular hotel...hoping for a touch of italian elegance, in favour of being vomited on in an irish bar, hair waving frantically like mad women from the static from a sea of england football shirts

..and thus - much against our will we were bundled into a taxi with a ci vediamo dopo (unlikely) and a buona fortuna - and assured that the cost of the taxi would be met by the hotel...(perfectly reasonable under the circumstances you might think) to another hotel in playa d'en-dont look up now, at the risk of being scalped by the landing gear of a 737 flying an inch over the top of your head every 5 minutes-bossa.

Well as you can imagine, true to form, once we arrived at the destination - after several "no hablo ingles" and "YOU GIVE MONEY"'s later we eventually had to stump up the cost of the taxi ourselves, lest the taxi driver burst. spraying us with angry man.

Both of us agreed that the fact that we were english was a definite reason why we were moved to another hotel - the receptionist mentioned several times during her phone call to her manager that we were in fact English, which to us seemed irrelevant in the scheme of things and im sure was just to check that they were not turning fellow italians away, thus potentially jeapordising relations with the hotels primary target market.

Despite our horrendous experience with this hotel - and despite us being out of pocket - not just from the endless taxis we ended up paying for commuting to restaurants that we had booked which were within walking distance from our intended hotel and our intended hotel being at least £50 more expensive than the one we were put in for that week (despite it having an extra star)
and receiving no money back... we really made the best of it and had a great week, despite being slightly thinner on top, clothing still tinged with the smell of vomit and my skin still itching from my new 20 euro footie kit....

well we figured if you cant beat em..join em.

To sum up though..dont bother booking here unless you want to end up in a different hotel in a different resort..in which case..you may as well book the other hotel directly and cut out the middle man fee of £50 +

• Liked — the view from the outside
  • Disliked — can't say the view from the inside as we didn't see it
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
4 Thank itchymoimoi
London
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed here for the 2nd part of the holiday and I have to say my review reaqlly echos the last one. The rooms are fine - the pool is nice - but it is really geared towards Italian families with the odd German thrown in for good measure. I'm no xenophobe though but the fact that no staff speak English is frustrating for someone who doesnt speak any IT or SP.

It reminded me a little of a crappy British holiday resort in the 80s - rubbish cabaret at night etc - I particularly enjoyed watching the redcoat type people (generally quite good looking young Italian chicks) pretend to DJ while playing CDs around the pool. Food was bad - service was pretty poor - ie the receptionists wouldnt do things like get you a towel or order a cab - they actually made me use my mobile to call cab - when I said that was a bit pricey she snarled 'roaming network' at me... Nice.

In short - unless with some bad taste Italians then steer wel clear - 1 plus point was we found a small fish shack restaurant behiond the hills down the rocks - amazing fresh fish every day - next doot to Sa Punta restaurant which is also pretty good.

Stayed July 2008
London
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This hotel caters strictly for Italians and Germans and is aligned with a major Italian tour operator - 'Going' (so expect bus loads of tour groups). My husband and I (both Australian) returned from The One this morning and I cannot say we were made to feel very welcome. So here is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of the hotel...

The Good - The pool area is really nice and offers a lovely view of the sea. The are lots of day beds and sun loungers dotted around. Also, the hotel is in quite a good location - about 3 mins drive to Talamanca and 5 mins to Pacha nightclub and the Old Town (Dalt Vila).The rooms are adequate and newly refurbished.

The Bad - This hotel is noisy ALL the time. The caretakers mow the lawns at 8:00am, they start the music blaring around the pool area at 10:30am and every single day they have a live saxaphone player and club music from around 4pm until midnight. We had to change rooms to try and get away from the noise. There is also a lot of aircraft noise and noise from the shooting range situated next to the hotel. All of this did not make for a relaxing holiday! The staff were quite rude. I asked them to order me a cab to the airport and was given the phone number of the cab company and told to book it myself! Plus, there is not one single English tv channel available - not even BBC/CNN News.

The Ugly - The food is absolutely awful. I was shocked to see Italians, renowned for their high culinary standards, eating it. Awful. Also, when asking if we could hire one of the many scooters parked out the front of the hotel, we were told they were for "Italian customers only".

In the end, we were happy to leave the hotel, mostly to get away from the noise (listening to the saxaphone day in day out for 6 days got a little grating). Also, to pay the same price as all the other guests, but only receive half the services, makes us feel a little cheated. Perhaps if someone had told us about the strong lean toward Italian and German hospitality, we would have chosen another hotel.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — English speakers not welcome!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
#160 of 436 in Madrid
Exe Madrid Norte
Exe Madrid Norte
#264 of 436 in Madrid

Been to The One Ibiza? Share your experiences!