“Best choice in Ibiza if your'e looking for luxury + facilities”
Review of Ibiza Gran Hotel

Ibiza Gran Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed September 1, 2013

On our first trip to Ibiza my wife and I stayed at the Gran for 5 nights in August with a group of friends and we all had a great time. The hotel is pretty big but we were lucky enough to have our room a few steps away from the elevator.

Room is nice, modern style with an open bathtub and has a nice balcony facing the pool. The only problem with the room we had is that we had a king size bed with two separate mattresses and their quality was poor.

The hotel looks very fresh and new and you have a good feeling just being there. Lobby area is very nice with a couple of shops, sushi bar and the restaurant where breakfast is offered. Pool area is great, probably best in Ibiza. Food we had was all quality and tasty. Spa area is very big and offers a variety of treatments and a variety of saunas.

There is a good party atmosphere in the hotel and the clientele is middle class +. Hotel staff are very much ok, although I don't recommend using the concierge service for bookings. We booked a table at the Pacha through the concierge and they wanted to charge us 3000 Euro for it... as we arrived in the club we were charged 250 per person paying a total 2000 Euro. Also the concierge didn't manage to get us a table at Leo during the whole stay although we asked to put us on the waiting list of every day.

Had a disappointing incident with the laundry service, not getting my clothes for three days but eventually still paying for it. The receptionist said they appreciate my comments and they will take care of it but that I have to pay.

Overall it's a very good hotel that has room to grow but still you basically get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Their lowest room category is Junior Suite for some reason, so all the rooms are more or less the sa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Guy3103

Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you intend to stay at this hotel, please note that there are thieves operating in the area who target the hotel. We suffered a loss at the hotel when a bag was stolen from the adults only swimming pool area. It later transpired, when visiting the police station to report the crime that the area where the hotel is situated has a huge crime problem with gangs of organised criminals aggressively targeting wealthy tourists. The hotel chooses not to advise their guests at check in to be aware nor do their security guards check people entering the hotel through its multiple entrances from the outside street. Although we immediately reported the incident to the hotel and the severity of the loss of items inside the bag, they refused to let us look at their CCTV footage. They later admitted that their CCTV didn't cover the area of the pool where we were sitting.
After discussing the matter with the hotel manager, he stated that even though they know there is a crime problem in the area, they don't want to scare their guests. Personally I would rather have known but if you don't want to tell people then beef up your security. I spent nearly 4000 euros on 2 nights accommodation and the hotel staff could not have been less interested in my problem. They didn't even offer to take me to the police in the hotel car, they called me a cab!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank lagersp1ke
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Just spent the Summer in Ibiza travelling around. Stayed at a few hotels/ apartments and this was the best by a long way. Very clean. Great facilities and a great location. Pool was heaven and the staff very helpful and knowledgeable. Now I'm back in London I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank RedRoseBob
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I had a fantastic stay. Large room, great balcony and view. Hotel is in a great location near the port and walk to the old town. Breakfast was fantastic. Amazing pool areas. Staff all very friendly and helpful especially guest services. Also has a great hairdresser. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Zillis1
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend at the end of May for 5 nights. We had a great time, the location was perfect - close enough to everything but also quiet. The hotel is located by the marina and it is 10 mins walk to both Ibiza town itself and the beach. It's a 10 min drive from the airport.

We had a junior suite which was perfect, lots of storage, great to have the bath with hot tub option in the middle of the room and the balcony overlooked the pool and marina.

Breakfast was fantastic, they had everything you could ever think of and more. We also ate at the poolside cafe for lunch twice and really enjoyed it. The fish was wonderful.

The staff were so helpful and friendly, everyone that we encountered really couldn't do enough to help. I had emailed in advance to request restaurant recommendations and they were a great assistance. We were there for my boyfriends 30th and they very kindly brought him an exceptionally delicious chocolate cake and bottle of cava for him. It really made the trip extra special. Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lainey86
Reviewed July 26, 2013

my second time in this lovely hotel is really amazing from A to Z services facility something above your mind, one of the best hotel in ibiza full highly recommend there is 2 pools spa and gym , cipriani is there as-well

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Spoow
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have just spent a week at the Ibiza Gran Hotel. The service ws the best we have ever had. The swimming pool s are great, the rooms are very comfortable and very bright with lights. The breakfast cater for all tastes and are of high quality. I wish it was not so expensive in July so that I could spend more time there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#1 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Ibiza Gran Hotel? Share your experiences!