“One of the best place I have ever been...”
Review of Ibiza Gran Hotel

Ibiza Gran Hotel
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We have choose to travel the Balearic Island a little bit this summer with a group of friends.
This place has been the most beautiful experience about the hotels. We where just coming from
Formentera, where the service has been "italianized" (like the island in general).
Anyway, about the Hotel: extrimerly confortable room, huge pool, SPA and a couple of restaurants. Last but not least you are in front of the Pacha... What you want more!?!?! :)
Very beautiful! I'll strongly suggest you this experience!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MissJenniferS

Reviewed October 29, 2011

A stunning retreat on the edge of Ibiza town. Fantastic rooms, facilities, staff and food. What more do you need. Will be back soon.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Alethea B
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Great facilities and service, first class. One of the best hotel breakfasts I've had. And there is no bad smell!

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank NeilSurrey01
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We read all the reviews and worried about the smell. It proved to be wrong. The lobby of the hotel smells divine - like a very expensive store. They spray the air freshener everywhere, and when you step in - you are in paradise. The basic room we were assigned was good. Initially, we asked for an upgrade, and were told to wait for one night, since the hotel was full. Then, in the morning we changed our mind - the room was just perfect for us. The views, the bathroom, she tub in the middle of the room - everything was very well designed. We had a corner unit - it is slightly larger then the regular size, that is why we didn't change the room. There was only one disappointment - the room service took more then an hour. We cancelled and ended up going downstair to their restaurant, which happened to be a hidden jem. We rented the car and travelled around the island. It was just a pleasure to return every day back to the hotel. They do everything imaginable to please their guests. There was no English newspapers in the lobby, and when we told that my wife needs FT, it was delivered free of charge, for the rest of our stay. We tried the breakfast downstairs, it was really expectional. Fresh and clean and high standards. Then we ordered room service by 9am - same deal - fresh, clean, lots of choices, right on time/ The guests of the hotel were all very pleasant too. We even joked, how do they *prescreen* guests. There were no children, no unruly drunken parties ( this is a usual concern in the resorts like that). My recommendation - before going there - read all negative reviews, so you are prepared, book the car for the whole duration of your stay, and then just relax.

Room Tip: Corner units seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank glamontheroad
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I travel to Ibiza frequently and this is my favourite hotel to stay at if I'm not renting a villa.

Things I like
- modern and clean
- spacious rooms
- lovely pool area. Every time I've stayed even if the hotel was fully booked, the pool is never crowded and really chill. If your looking for a pool party this isn't the place for you though.
- more mature crowd
- lovely spa

Things didn't like
- room service food was very bland compared to the standard of food by the pool and restaurant. However when I mentioned this at check out they took it off my bill.
- The bed wasn't a king size bed instead it was two beds pushed together and pretty firm. This was my biggest let down with the hotel. I was expecting a big plush bed and it definitely wasn't that. I left my comment with the hotel. It's a shame as everything else is really lovely.

Over all this is the best hotel in the area. I've stayed at Ocean Drive up the road and although it's a lovely small hotel, for thenprice difference doesn't compare to the Ibiza Gran. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ulibka108
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Had a pleasant time here. Was clean and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ez_mack73
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have mixed feelings about this hotel – the lobby is very nice and the pool area is fantastic but the service is lacklustre and the house cleaning is well below standard for a 5 star hotel.

I think I only saw one member of staff smile the whole week that we stayed there!!! Perhaps it’s a Spanish thing but when you’re paying 600 euro per night for an entry level room then the least I expect is a smile from the receptionist checking me.

The room was nice enough and the large balcony was nice but there was no real wow factor and a ‘junior suite’ in name only. I found a few hairs dotted around the floor the day we arrived and as the week went on, housekeeping proved to be very patchy. We would often head out at midday and get back at 5-6pm only to find the room hadn’t been made up.

I had to request for the room to be cleaned/made up on a couple of occasions.

The good news is that breakfast was superb and they service it until 11am on most days. The food and drinks at the pool side bar was also very good but on the pricey side and all served by very unhappy looking waiters. Kind of made me wonder why I bothered to tip them.

The location is pretty good if you want the old town within a 10 minute walk and I didn’t notice any dodgy smells as reported by others that stayed here – in fact the lobby area smelt amazing.

Overall, an ok stay with some positive and some negatives but would I pay close to 4,000 euros to stay here for 1 week again, probably not. This hotel needs to improve on it’s customer service and encourage the staff to make people feel more welcome with the odd smile!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#1 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Ibiza Gran Hotel? Share your experiences!