“A good standard for a good price”

Apartahotel Lux Mar
Ranked #26 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed just one night, a flying visit only, and stayed in three rooms of the same type. We were in the building behind the larger swimming pool (Panoramic?). The rooms were basic but adequate, plenty of space, a small balcony, kitchenette, and twin beds. They were clean, no sign of any infestation in room or beds, nice hot shower in my bathroom. I didn't need the TV or kitchen facilities, so don't know if they worked or not, but thankfully the aircon worked perfectly, and quietly.
We didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food. Those with rooms facing the road would get a great sea view, and the road is a dead-end so no passing traffic noises.
The harbour is 10 mins walk away, and the main bus route (#10) to/from the airport is 5 mins walk.
Would stay there again definitely for another short trip, staff were friendly and efficient, and there is free wifi in the lobby, at decent speed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank theoldwoman
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Apartahotel Lux Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear theoldwoman,

We really enjoying reading your comment and on the behalf of all staff thank you very much for that.

This is a motivation for us why we keep hardworking to aim our goal – your satisfaction.

Once again thank you very much and ,hopefully, you will come back to our establishment.

There are newer reviews for Apartahotel Lux Mar

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was great. In a good location, 15mins walk to Ibiza Town, 30mins walk to Playa Den Bossa. Figueretas is also great with some nice resteraunts a a lovely beach.

Hotel room had everything we needed, fridge, toaster, microwave. Also had a cooker but we didn't really use that.

Pool was nice and quiet and always had sun loungers available.

One of the cheapest hotels we could find, but a very enjoyable experience! Would defo stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Apartahotel Lux Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear leeparkers
We really love to read your comment and on the behalf of all staff at Lux Mar Apartments thank you very much for that.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you want 5* then pay for it. This hotel suits the purpose of a stay in Ibiza. Basic but safe and clean as well as fairly close to shops, restaurants and Ibiza Town. Rooms are spacious and dark to enable sleep. Only one issue was the foul smell in our bathroom, other than that I'd recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr. Carl S,

First of all let me to thank you for your opinion which helps us to keep working hardly and getting a new motivation.

We would like to let you know that we take a note of all your suggestions with the aim of taking measures to provide better services.

Hopefully, you will choose our establishment for your next holidays.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel for 9 nights, front desk very helpful and always very busy.
We were on a half board deal (dinner & breakfast), breakfast was quite poor and dinner was hit or miss. But there are lots of restaurants nearby.
Walking distance to the beach and 10-12 min walk to the Old Town, which is very handy...
Our room was very spacious / clean and most important was the blinds it really black out the room specially if you are parting in Ibiza you need a blackout room to get some sleep...
Overall I'd recommend this hotel, the price is very reasonable.
Happy partying
Alex

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Apartahotel Lux Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear AlexVieiraLondon,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our company PlayaSol Hotel Group and Aparthotel Lux – Mar for your holidays in Ibiza.

On the behalf of all staff we are really glad you enjoyed the stay at our establishment .We are grateful for the motivation you gave us and that is the right reason for us to keep on improving.

Regarding to the halfboard Lux Mar is a two star hotel, the quality and variety of meals is up to that category.

We hope you will come back the next season, it will be a pleasure to see you again at our establishment.

The Management.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

People moan too much! It's a three star kind of place,basic but great for the price. The staff on reception were great & very helpful in booking cabs etc. (Dirk was very sweet with a good sense of humour!). The pools are clean as are the rooms. Air con worked fine, beds clean & comfy, the shower was lovely. No complaints...want more then pay more!!! Some tips..the two restaurants closest to the hotel have free good Wi-Fi but the service is poor and unfriendly. There is a fab cocktail bar called Cube with happy hour 8- 10pm...turn right out of the hotel,cross the road,walk about 400 yards ish until you get to the first (steep) road on the left that goes to the beach, Cube is down on the left after the pizzeria. The guys who run it are lovely,the setting is great & the cocktails are amazing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BellaMinx

Dear BellaMinx,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our company PlayaSol Hotel Group for your holidays in Ibiza.

We are really glad you enjoyed the stay at our establishment. This is the motivation that is the right reason for us to keep on improving.

We will pass your thank you to our staff and we all hope you will come back the next season.

The Management.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Location was a short walk from old town (Dalt Vila/High Town) and the beach. Cost was 25-28€ for a taxi from the airport (2 people). The apt style rooms have a microwave, stove and small fridge if you wish to use them. The refrigerator had a spoiled odor. Decor and furniture were very dated but functional. Towels were supplied, but no washcloths. Although there is a pool in the courtyard (and pool table), the hotel does not supply pool towels, so we had to buy our own, but we used them at the beach as well. On the bright side, there was an iron and ironing board in the room. The room is a long walk from the lobby, and never really appeared clean.

We were able to buy club tickets at the front desk of the hotel. Also, the hotel is located on a strip with small restaurants and beach stores.

IMPORTANT: WiFi at Lux Mar is only free in the lobby area, so the lobby is always full of people using it, and the speed is devastatingly slow, like dial-up. You can purchase WiFi in your room, but I couldn't get a signal in the room, so I was issued a refund without question. I wondered if it happened often.

Side note: once I arrived, I turned on the A/C unit in my room. An hour later (3 am), I headed to bed and realized the A/C unit's condensation had dripped on my bed and it was soaked. Reception came to my room immediately and switched us to another.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank insanaq
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Apartahotel Lux Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear insanaq,

ON the behalf of all stuff we really thank you for choosing our apartments as your holiday destination in Ibiza. We appreciate your time taken to write your comments that help us to keep working hard.

However we deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and we really would like to apologize for that.

We would like to let you know that we will take your opinions into account and we try to do our best to avoid that kind of situations.

Once again let us to apologize and hopefully we could see you soon at any of our establishments.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The booking process is horrendous when direct and always more expensive (way overpriced compared to the quality, instead pay a little more and stay at Hotel Los Molinos, same street, 40 yards away, it's a proper hotel, 4-stars, amazing views and facilities with very nice staff) than comparison sites such as expedia, triavago, etc. So if you really have to stay there check every other site first then call them and ask them to match the best price you've seen.
Tried to change a booking done on booking.com and tried to talk to someone in charge directly at the hotel. I was told to contact their telephone booking number (grupoplayasol.com). There no one seems to have a brain except for reciting their rule book (if you're hoping to find a commercially minded individual that will seize the opportunity to put a smile on a potential prospective client - you- then look somewhere else because it isn't happening!).
Trying to be creative I managed to trace through Linkedin the director in charge of this particular hotel within grupoplayasol. Initially, she wrote please forgive us for any inconvenience and let us know how we can help. My question was simple, I just wanted to add one night too our stay so we don't have to change hotels after the second night, could you please arrange for the same tariff as the other 2 nights. Problem is we had called the telephone bookings line about this and magically the rates spiked enormously the next morning. The "director" explained that she couldn't help at all and to top it all said she would disconnect herself from Linkedin so that people do not invade her privacy (???). I know what most of you are thinking, Being on Linkedin representing your firm and advertising your role as a director for this form is not exactly synonymous with wanting privacy in the exercise of your duties and function.... so I will leave you to draw your own conclusions...
Anyway, so now, I am being quoted 50% more for a 3rd night (vs the first 2), I am being ostracised as a potential Linkedin stalker (I thought you'd only find those on Facebook) and no other choice but to choose a room in nearby Hotel Los Molinos, just because I would rather give my money to people that make your holiday experience a pleasurable one.
So, aside from the fact that our plane was 2h30mns delayed - cheers BA - and arrived at Lux Mar at 4am, we are greeted by the sign Wi-Fi is not working. Fine, these things happen... We're told it should work the next day by the receptionist. We get to the room and after neutralising a couple of silverfish insects crawling out of the furniture (these disgusting things that usually live in dirty bathrooms), we proceed to play let's find the tv remote (needless to say we lost). So off we go and then on departure the next day I happen to have forgotten some clothes in the cupboard.
Having checked out in neighbouring Los Molinos, I return to Lux Mar at around 10pm and ask a Lux Mar receptionist if they had retrieved any items from the room I stayed in. He replied straight away, come back tomorrow as i cannot help you with this today, the cleaning lady is gone for the day (and obviously, no one else has access to the place where she keeps items, no one knows her phone - as she probably still uses the spanish post every time she wants to communicate with others- etc.). Clearly this chap is not willing to raise even his little finger to find a solution and seems more occupied in watching his little tv behind his desk. I told him I was leaving overnight and needed help now. No can do. Upon returning home, I called them and the only way I could retrieve my clothes was for me to arrange pre-pack courriers (200 gbp) which makes it nonsensical economically. They simply won't arrange to send it by normal post themselves. Refused categorically.
I have travelled a fair amount and stayed in very forgettable hotels, this one goes beyond that level where I think it is my duty to inform others to avoid it at all costs. Just don't stay there and give your money to another company.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is to pay a bit more and stay opposite at the Hotel Los Molinos, the difference...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank genevatopreviewer
MARIA ANTONIA P, Gerente at Apartahotel Lux Mar, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Mr. BigPhilPDS,

First of all thank you for choosing our apartments to spend your holidays.
We deeply regret you were not satisfied and obviously we would like to clarify certain things which we consider important to declare.

As we are a big company of almost 40 hotels and there are kind of rules which follow all tourist establishments, it is more than acceptable that the room tariffs are commercially done much before and, especially, in august when there is a highest season with a high occupation it is not possible to create a discount for a client who wants to book a room or to modificate his reservation just few days before, as there is the highest demand on the island. Moreover, basically, for all people the prices are the same so it is understandable that it is not fair to put in advantage some clients before the others.

The topic of Linkedin I must agree that that page is a kind of professional website but ,however I am a director of the hotel, do not represent any company or any commercially entity on this website. I would like to highlight that I am on my own there and my professional dates do not represent the place I work.

The last point we would like to declare is that the lost or found things inside the rooms as, it is understandable too, are in charge of the supervisor of clean ladies. Obviously, the lady has a certain schedule and all the outstanding things from the day before she manages firstly on the following day. We would like to let you know that we normally do send lost things to the clients however it is up to their request and their charge.

Anyway, if there was any convenience caused to you during your stay at our establishment, we really apologize for that and we try to do our best to avoid repeating that.

Management.