“Very Basic”

Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza
Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, yes the location is pretty good and the price isn't too high but it is extremely basic. Our room smelled musty and old. The beds were so uncomfortable you could actually feel the springs sticking through the mattress. Our shower was a hand held contraption that you had to hold in one hand while washing yourself with the other. The pool is nothing like it looks in the photos and there is actually nowhere to lounge in the sun as the entire pool area is overshadowed by the hotel itself and the trees! There was no "do not disturb" sign for our room so the angry old cleaning lady came and went as she pleased and even when she was asked to leave one morning as were still in bed she just completely ignored us shouted something in spanish and went about her job! The reception staff were quiet friendly and the air-con in our room worked quiet well but they are the only two good things i have to stay about this hotel! Only stay here if you are desperate and just need somewhere to change your clothes!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I booked this holiday last minute, and was very happy about the price.
I had mixed feelings with the whole stay and accommodation.
On arrival I had 2 wait until 2pm, until my room was ready, which was OK.
When I went to the room, I had to go back to rec straight away, because my bedsheets were full of hair, so I got rid of the coloured bed throw and asked for clean white sheets.
The room itself was quite clean, however the tiles in the bathroom were seriously cracked and there was an unpleasant smell as well.
No fridge (which makes things a bit hard, coz as the tap water in ibiza is not good at all, you would need to keep some mineral water with you.. not to mention food..)
small safe can be hired for 10 euros, however I left my staff all over at times, but nothing has been stolen, has been touched by the maid
when the air con was on, some black stuff was falling from it, so i did not use it, but as I had a room facing the garden (the view completely blocked by the other walls of the hostel) it did not get hot, so air con was not necessary.
there is 24 hour reception operating, u can come and go..
like i said the closest small beach is 1 minute walk, but if u follow the beach (few restaurant on the side) u will get to playa den bossa, the lovely party beach. it takes approx 30 mins to walk there, but the view is beautiful, the sun is shining, so why not?
This is a place to sleep, get ready and go. Most of the people book late and find this accommodation affordable. For the money I paid i would not complain. the location is good and it is up to you to make the most out of the time u spend on this lovely lively, crazy island. Next time i will book well in advance and get a better accommodation, but for the first time it was ok.
good luck!

The location is great, just 1 minute walk from a little

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank bedike
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My friend and I left our hotel room at 7PM and arrived back at 3AM. We opened our door and our belongings were all over the place! The sliding door was locked and so was the room door. We suspect that it was an employee of the hotel that had the spare key. When we reported the incident, the only thing that was done was changing the room. They offered to call the police but that would've just been a waste of time for our vacation. Please be aware that you could be a victim too despite the cheap price and location!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank crazyinjun
Reviewed July 5, 2009

The room itself (single bed & breakfast) was clean but, very small. It had no fridge which was quite annoying with the weather being so warm and no balcony to sit out on. Breakfast was adequate and had a variety foods which included cold meats, bacon, sausages, eggs etc.

Staff at reception were pleasant and the hotels location was good with, regular buses into Ibiza town. Warning though! be careful where you drink in Ibiza Town. At the Dome Bar I paid 6 euros for a bottle of minute maid orange juice drink and my friend paid 11 euros for a vodka and coke (very expensive).

The hotel is also a few minutes walk from the beach, which is very beautiful. I must say that my friend and I visited a number of beaches/resorts in Ibiza and found Figueretas to be one of the nicest. It is more suited towards a quieter crowd of people who want a bit of nightlife but not too much.

I would visit this resort again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Nice little hotel.
Our room was FAB, Beautiful, Large - only problem was no fridge! Otherwise fantastic.

One thing to bear in mind is that they do not have 24hr check in.
Me and friend arrived at 2am on arrival day and were told we couldnt check in to our room till 4pm following day. You may think that is reasonable - it was not when we were specifically told by one of the booking agents that checking in and getting our room at that time of the morning was fine and wouldnt be a problem. Mixed wires crossed indeed.. And certainly not impressed with having to wait till 2pm (nearly 12 hours).

Luckily things were sorted out and friends were staying in same hotel so that was kool, however they really need to be clearer and give guidance on this rule. I know that some hotels do have this facility and most dont, but this needs to be clear and the agents who are connected to the hotel need not lie about this as it makes the hotel and us as customers look pretty silly...

But apart from that everything was fine!!!
Would definitely stay again...

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Hi,

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights.
The location is very nice, and the stuff were very kind.
However, we had some problems:

1. The bathroom door was broken (So we could not close it)- I asked from the desk office to fix this, but during our stay it was not fixed.
2. The bed sheets were dirty.
3. The curtain did not cover all the window, so the light in the morning did not allow us to sleep. I think that this is a must in every hotel.
4. The air condition is located behind the curtain- so you have to choose- privacy and darkness, or heat…
5. We had no hot water for 2 days- we asked the desk office for a solution, they keep promise us that it will be fixed, but it was not.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank israeliguy
Reviewed September 2, 2007

we stayed at the hotel as had previously been staying in the area. its a good location for all the amenities of ibiza as u can walk into ibiza town.
the hotel isn't eactly the ritz, but it is functional and close to shops, bars, cab rank and beach.
we paid 600 GBP for 6 nights accom. theres no food avail.
pool is shaded outside, and no proper balconys (that we could see).
thought it may have been a bit pricey for what it was, but this is Ibiza in august !!

Stayed: August 2007
#17 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Don Quijote Hotel
Don Quijote Hotel
#39 of 52 in Ibiza Town

Been to Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza? Share your experiences!