“OK for a budget short stay”

Hotel Playasol Maritimo
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“OK for a budget short stay”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel OK for budget price and four night stay. Breakfast was good with varied choice on offer. Room and bathroom clean except for bedside lampshdes - they were very dusty. Was disappointed with area and promenade outside hotel, there was dog faeces all over the place, one had to watch where one walked !!. Would not be returning here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
FROME
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hotel Maritimo. Whilst the hotel is very clean and functional, just a word of warning for single travellers. If you book a single room that is what you are likely to get. Room 212 is probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in and is in an internal well with a brick wall as a view. To see the sky you have to look out from the balcony and vertically upwards. The room is ok for 3 nights, but after that and it would be impossible. I arrived 8th April and when I asked if I could change to a different room, I was told the hotel was full. How this could be baffled me. From my room I could see 8 other rooms and I saw signs of occupancy in only one of them, and there were never more than 20 people at breakfast. So I assume it is the reception policy to fob you off with the 'Hotel is Full' shpeel. Also be warned that some of the side sea view twin rooms are very close to a pathway and brick wall and would be equally disapointing.

To conclude, if your room is important to you, consider booking a single in a twin, or a twin room. It's well worth the money. One other niggel - the cleaners are extremely noisy, talking to each other from as early as 8:00 am. I did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food.

Room Tip: Stand your ground at reception if you are not happy with the room they give you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

Birmingham
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here from April 7th - April 11th with my little girl. Booking in was fast with a friendly helpful service. We only booked room only we got a triple room which was great. Room was clean and tidy. Its in a great location close to beach, bars and restaurants a short walk up the road you come to the town which is fantastic for shopping especially for us ladies theres some fantastic boutiques so take lots of spending money also close to the town is the harbour which is lovely. Its a great area plenty of walking to be done if you enjoy walking. The reception staff are extremley friendly always go out their way to greet you which is nice. There is a lovely clean modern reception area on the ground floor by reception is a small warm indoor pool hardly used with a small gym and a hot tub nice little area if its raining or you want some quiet time to read a book. The restaurant/cafe bar is also on the ground floor by the pool area. You can pay extrs for breakfast and dinner if you wish.Breakfast there is a range of food sausage, bacon, mushrooms, toast, beans, cereal, juices and hot drinks and a selection of cakes etc the food is'nt hot just luke warm it costs 6.50 euros for breakfast and 11.00 euros for dinner otherwise theres lots and lots of cafe's bars restaurants within walking distance of hotel. We loved our stay and would stay again. You can purchase wifi minutes in recpetion theres a machine where you insert your money and select how many minutes you would like and it prints a ticket and you just enter the code on it but you do have to use it all in same day of purchase. This hotel is great for people who want a small cheap budget hotel for a little break away from the english weather. Early April in Ibiza is very cool and windy at night so take coats daytime was lovely and warm and we sat on beach in bikinis at this time bars and shops are only just opening up for the season so bear in mind when booking for Ibiza still a nice month to visit if you want to avoid the clubbers. Oh and room also comes with heating/air conditioning.

Room Tip: As for a room with a balcony we only had one with a window and its hard for when you want to dry you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank R-BIRMINGHAM
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived 31st MArch til April 4th. Booked a twin room but had a triple, double bed & single Room was clean & tidy, and a maid came everyday to make beds & change towels.We were on the 4th floor, and the restaurant/bar is on the ground floor.We booked B&B, glad we didn't book half board!. We decided to eat in restaurant the evening we arrived, as there was not a lot open. It cost 11 euros each for dinner which was awful. The soup was like warm gravy, there were 2 choices of main, marlin or pork ribs and just a few small roast potatoes, that was it. We ate because we were hungry, but I'm glad we didn't book half board. Breakfast the next day was OK, a good choice, but unfortunately it was all cold. We think it is all cooked for 8am, but there was no heat to keep the food hot, cold sausages,cold mushrooms,beans, egg. We didnt go to breakfast the next 2 days, as the lift was out of order, and there was 8 flights of stairs to up & down!! Went to breakfast on the last day and I decided to nuke the breakfast in the microwave which was next to the coffee machine.It worked, at least it was hot!! I would recommend this hotel, as it was clean, tidy and the staff were friendly, plus it was in a good position, and right on the beach, but i wouldn't want to eat there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ali1608
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the maritimo.. the rooms were basic but had what you need and cleaned every day to a really good standard, we had a balcony with a lovely view of the sea. The hotel staff at reception were really friendly and helpful, the pool is really warm but a little on the small side which is fine if its not busy. We stayed on a half board basis and to be honest we chosen to eat else where as it wasnt to our taste, but we didnt mind as the price we paid to stay was so cheap.
The location of the hotel is excellent there is a small beach just outside the hotel but if you take a stroll 2 minutes down the the road there's a larger lovely sandy beach.. its only a 5 minute walk away from the main town where you will find lots of shops.. bars and the harbour, if you want to explore the island we got a bus from the town to san Antonio for 2 euro each. We stayed out of the main party season and was very quiet but you can still find night life on the weekends, pacha is open all year round and is situated near the harbour it is a little expensive but I would recommend it.. I would aslo advise to stick to the main area's as we ventured all little out and into a small residential area and got quite intimidated by some male locals trying to sell us drugs..
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and we would definitely consider booking again, hope this review helpful

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank couseybee
Birmingham,England
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just came back from a 3 night break to Ibiza and we stayed here.
Start off,we booked this last minute,staying half board for me and the misses cost £120 between us!! You are limited with hotels this time of year as many dont open till May.
We had requested a top floor room and no smoking,we got a 1st floor room and it was smoking!!!
The kind woman on reception said they had overlooked this request but had upgraded us to a sea view for no extra cost,it was a lovely view and the room didnt smell anyway so we had no complaints.
Room had a double and a single bed,was a decent size with plenty of hangers in the wardrobe for clothes.The bathroom was small but ok and the shower lovely and powerful.There is a TV in the room,only 2 english channels,bbc world service and cnbc,eurosport in german and abour 8 spanish channels but who cares!!! AC is free.
There is no outside pool,just a small indoor one which we never used.We had no complaints with the food,everything we had was hot and there was a decent selection especially at breakfast.Remember that this is not just an english hotel,it mainly caters for the spanish but there were dutch,german ,chinese and french guests there aswell so dont expect fish and chips and walls sausages!!!We had a large bottle of water at dinner which cost 2.50 euros.Wine and beer was also available,we never had a problem getting a table either,breakfast is served between 8-10 and dinner 7.30-9.30.
Yes,this is in a residential area but we felt more safer here them we do back home lol!!! It is about a 15 minute walk to the castle area,the heart beat of Ibiza town.There is a small beech area right outside the hotel but if you walk to your right for about 5 minutes there is a better beech area.A useful supermarket opposite the hotel for your drinks and snacks.
All in all,we loved our 3 day trip,obviously it wasnt crowded this time of the year,it was sunny every day,the castle and harbour area was great,we went to santa eulalia for the morning,2 euros on the bus and that was nice too.If your a cosmopolitan traveller,you will love it,if your a fish and chips/coronation st type,you will hate it.
One last thing,taxi from outside the airport to hotel 12.70 euros,coming back 13.20euros so cheap as chips!!!You can get the bus if you want a save a few euros but you would have a 10 miinute walk with your cases.Thank you Maritimo for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank villaturk
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Firstly, I'd like to say I got an excellent room rate for this hotel by booking directly with the hotel itself.
I quoted the best room rate I could find online and they under cut it. 5 stars for that!
The hotel is in a good location for Ibiza Town about a 10 minute walk or faster if you don't mind steep flights of stairs!
But the area itself looks very neglected and run down, but I should add that I was there out of season.
My first problem was that the hotel advertised free WiFi on their website but in fact when you get there, the charge is €1 per hour.
I complained and after eventually checking I was right, they gave mr 24 hours free access.
I thought I could spread this out over the 4 days I was there, but it works on a countdown basis and your time starts from the moment you first log-in.
This means I wound up spending a further €12 on WiFi that I hadn't expected to.
If my Spanish was better, I'd have made more of a fuss!
Breakfast was included in my tariff and the choice was very comprehensive, although the actual quality of the food is quite poor.
I also saw the chef use the fitness room toilet cubical and then leave without washing his hands, so that was off-putting!
The fitness 'centre' is really just a room with a few weights and a static bicycle, oh and a jacuzzi.
It's all a bit past its best, but at least there was something.
The pool is quite small but I thoroughly enjoyed using it and had it to myself every time.
The staff are friendly and overall I would recommend this hotel as value for money.
If I could do 2 things to improve this place I would put a clock in the pool/gym and buy better pillows because the ones I had were like resting your head on a sack of potatoes!

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement are very gloomy and feel a bit like you're serving time in prison! Try and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
#14 of 51 in Ibiza Town
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum
#18 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Hotel Playasol Maritimo? Share your experiences!