My partner &I stayed at the Maritimo in Ibiza town this october half term.As we had the children with us we decided to go half board for convinience,so we paid to have the breakfasts&evening meals,and thier food was the main disappointment.Almost all the food on offer was,at best luke warm.We werent sure whether it was a fault with the contraptions used to maintain an acceptable temperature,but what I know for sure was that there seemed to be no basic practices operating by staff to ensure that cold/lukewarm food was discarded with more,new,hot food replacing it.All food on offer was just left,becoming more dried up&cold waiting to feed more hungry PAYING customers..charming!I work with food here in uk&I know that not checking temperatures of holding food at very regular intervals is,alone,against Health&Safety laws.There was a micro-wave in the dining area,so maybe they secretly knew thier food was pants!!At one dinner my boyfriend put his meal into it,attracting confused looks from staff!I asked the waiter if my soup could be changed for hot soup&he just took the bowl from my hands &stuck it in said micro-wave along with metal spoon,which Im sure is a saftey hazzard initself!We approached a lady who looked like management,which she,enthusiastically assured us that yes she was the manager.We proceeded to tell her that food cold,no effective health&safety practices followed in regard to the food etc.A change in her once enthusiastic manner came about as she informed us that she was merely the 2nd manager&told us that she could/would not do anything about our complaint?We asked for the main manager which she,dutifully,informed us was at the other hotel down the road &that we could take our complaint to her but that she also would not do anything??My boyfriend&I exchanged quite bemused glances at eachother,while she just stared at us with a fairly defiant look on her face!MY boyfriend &I were under the impression that managers..managed..a naive &presumptive notion in this case!..Aside from the meals it really seemed that the walls in this hotel are made from rice paper,one can hear even a normal volume of pleasant conversation coming from next door.I thanked my forthought in packing ear-plugs.Our last night was the worse as far as getting any sound sleep was concerned,guests next door had brought back a few people for a cosy get-together,nice if invited im sure!But alas wasnt,so had to endure lots of profanities and equally crass verbal exchanges along with banging noises wafting through to our room..fantastic..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marítimo Sport & Relax A refurbished hotel in a unique location between the quiet seaside location and the buzzing centre of Ibiza with its night-life. Committed to healthy living and having fun, with health, sport and well-being. Our hotel is ideal for sports enthusiasts of all levels due to its facilities, setting and professional team who are qualified to advise you about all sorts of sports, cultural and leisure activities. Fans of cycle touring will also be able to use our bike friendly facilities, with workshop and lockers. Our hotel offers guests a well-equipped gym with a covered heated pool, and also a massage service. In the summer months, you can also enjoy a delicious dinner with drinks and cocktails, in our terrace restaurant right on the seafront, with splendid views out across the Mediterranean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritimo Hotel Ibiza Town
- Hotel Maritimo Ibiza/Ibiza Town