“clean hotel but thats its only attraction” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Maritimo

Hotel Maritimo
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Norwich, United Kingdom
“clean hotel but thats its only attraction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My partner &I stayed at the Maritimo in Ibiza town this october half term.As we had the children with us we decided to go half board for convinience,so we paid to have the breakfasts&evening meals,and thier food was the main disappointment.Almost all the food on offer was,at best luke warm.We werent sure whether it was a fault with the contraptions used to maintain an acceptable temperature,but what I know for sure was that there seemed to be no basic practices operating by staff to ensure that cold/lukewarm food was discarded with more,new,hot food replacing it.All food on offer was just left,becoming more dried up&cold waiting to feed more hungry PAYING customers..charming!I work with food here in uk&I know that not checking temperatures of holding food at very regular intervals is,alone,against Health&Safety laws.There was a micro-wave in the dining area,so maybe they secretly knew thier food was pants!!At one dinner my boyfriend put his meal into it,attracting confused looks from staff!I asked the waiter if my soup could be changed for hot soup&he just took the bowl from my hands &stuck it in said micro-wave along with metal spoon,which Im sure is a saftey hazzard initself!We approached a lady who looked like management,which she,enthusiastically assured us that yes she was the manager.We proceeded to tell her that food cold,no effective health&safety practices followed in regard to the food etc.A change in her once enthusiastic manner came about as she informed us that she was merely the 2nd manager&told us that she could/would not do anything about our complaint?We asked for the main manager which she,dutifully,informed us was at the other hotel down the road &that we could take our complaint to her but that she also would not do anything??My boyfriend&I exchanged quite bemused glances at eachother,while she just stared at us with a fairly defiant look on her face!MY boyfriend &I were under the impression that managers..managed..a naive &presumptive notion in this case!..Aside from the meals it really seemed that the walls in this hotel are made from rice paper,one can hear even a normal volume of pleasant conversation coming from next door.I thanked my forthought in packing ear-plugs.Our last night was the worse as far as getting any sound sleep was concerned,guests next door had brought back a few people for a cosy get-together,nice if invited im sure!But alas wasnt,so had to endure lots of profanities and equally crass verbal exchanges along with banging noises wafting through to our room..fantastic..

Room Tip: Views from the back rooms are quite pleasant if they have a sea view.Though no rooms are acceptable...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank donna c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for 1 week from 26 October 2012.
This is Great for a 2* Hotel. We were expecting a continental breakfast but found it to have just about everything on offer juices, cereals, ham & cheese, fresh fruit, bacon, fried and boiled eggs, sausages, beans, mushrooms, various pastries, churros, doughnuts, various cakes and cookies, tea and coffee. The meal in the evening was not as good as breakfast but still perfectly edible.
The room was average and has air conditioning and heating if required. The view from the balcony was great. Drinks in the hotel are reasonable a decent bottle of white wine for 7.5 Euros.
There are plenty of bars locally which unfortunately were closing for the season whilst we were there but the Dalt Vila (ibiza old town) is only a 15 minute walk away and so much more interesting for people watching. All in all this is a great hotel for the price we paid, it also has an indoor pool and is very close to the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mons, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my first time traveling to Ibiza and found this hotel and would have to say its good for it purpose, to rest up and sleep and also to shower. my Room was not with a view and found it to be a little stuffy, Once I got the A/C kicked on it was fine. so for the value I would say it was worth it and would stay again.

The Service in the hotel to be honest was pretty minimal. The beds felt actually quite old and definitely needed to get new mattress's. The shower also leaked and would spray all over the room.

The location of this hotel is perfect, as it sits right along the promenade and had easy access all night to go and have a drink or dinner! I would pass on the buffet they offered and go out and get a true Spanish dinner.

The hotel also advertised a pool but I couldn't find it, Over all this is a good budget hotel and would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Maritimo in April 2012 and it definitely ticked all my holiday requirements. The view from the balcony is beautiful especially in a sunny day! The hotel is located literally by the beach and not far from Ibiza Town Centre. Also near by you can find shops, cafes, restaurants, souvenir shops and anything you need. If you've god a car there is a free parking in the end of the street but keep in mind that the parking is quite busy even in April. In the high season parking your car could be a problem. The staff were very friendly and helpful and they didn't mind us asking sooo many questions. WiFi is available but charges apply! We had breakfast and dinner inclusive and the selection of food was great and everything was delicious and very well organised. The room was clean and tidy with air-con. There were also a small indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi , well maintained and perfect for spending some lazy time in the hotel. Also because it was April the price was more than affordable. I will definitely recommend the hotel...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christo T
IBIZA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

when we arrived we had to move to lux mar hotel because maritimo was close for winter,lux hotel is close to figuretas beache has a good breakfast and a good dinner the room was big but not very clean...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank ARTEMIS M
Settle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent 11 days at Maritimo in October this year.

Good things: Hotel got great localization, literally by the beach. It's close to the shops, markets, restaurants, playa ses Figueretes and also in a walking distance from dalt vila. Staff is friendly and helpful. There's somebody at the reception desk almost constantly. They speak Spanish, English and German (maybe more languages). Bed was comfortable and room suprisingly big. It was cleaned as often as requested by me. There's a TV, phone and hair dryier i na bedroom. There's a indoors swimming pool and a little gym, though never seen anybody using either of those.

Things I didn't like: cockroaches! I was shocked after seeing first one, but soon learned they're often guests. Seen 7 in total (yes, i was counting), 5 in my room and rest on corridors. Staff cleaned it straighed away, after I've asked for it. Managment should try and improve on cleaning services. There've been some little (but old enough to become covered with dust) spider webs in the corner of my room, also wall lights haven't been cleaned for a long time. Air conditioning unit looked like it wasn't cleaned in ages, so it's a health hazard to use it. The air coming out of it was stale, so instead i just left my room and bacony door open and made a draft (bye bye privacy though). Seeing cockroaches stopped me altogether from eating in this hotel restaurant so I can't comment on food or service there. There's a WI-Fi available, but after extra charge. It was fairly loud at night, not around hotel, but within it; I guess it's more fellow guests to be blame for it, rather than anybody else... A kettle in room would be much appreciated.

Overall I've enjoyed my stay. I think this hotel is a good deal for a money you pay. I would be coming back if they would improve their cleanness.

Room Tip: From some rooms you migh have view on the wall, staircase or "nothing", so it's good t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SettleKat
Oakham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Returned yesterday from a week's holiday at Hotel Maritimo in Figueretas, Ibiza.

Hotel is in a brilliant location adjoining the sea with lovely views out across the water.

We found the hotel staff very friendly and always willing to help especially the guy who was in charge of the dining room for dinner.

We stayed half board and were very happy with the selection and quality of the food both at breakfast and dinner. It is a buffet style for both meals so you can choose exactly what you want and have as much as you want.

Rooms were clean with aircon and a decent balcony to sit out on and watch the world go by.

Resort was very pleasant with lots of cafes, restaurants and shops close by. Parts of the promenade were in need of attention but bearing in mind the financial problems they have in Spain, this was not unexpected.

Ibiza town a pleasant 15 minutes walk away. Worth a walk around the shops and the harbour area etc.

Highly recommend a visit to Formentera. We caught the Captain Hook boat from the small jetty in Figueretas. Great unspoilt island. Cafe De Lago was excellent for a drink. We hired bikes and did some exploring which we really enjoyed.

A note for the moaners - Always bear in mind that if you want a holiday at the Ritz it will cost you more than a holiday at this lovely hotel.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Our rooms was on 4th floor with view of the sea
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple