Having stayed in several of the Grupo Playa Sol hotels and apartments in the nearby area in previous years I was fully expecting a clean, spacious and well-maintained budget accommodation - and the Hotel Maritimo did not disappoint. On arrival we found a spacious, welcoming reception area (open 24 hours) with plenty of tourist information and internet terminals. Our bargain-priced room for two had a good-sized a balcony with perfect views out onto the bay of Figueretes, a double and a single bed and ample storage space. The decor was immaculately clean and simple, and bathroom had a nice large sink, mirror and very powerful shower. The air-conditioning unit was very efficient and quickly kicked out a refreshing cool breeze - perfect when you arrive back from a hot day on the beach or evening on the town. It took us a couple of days to explore fully, but we discovered the on-site gym, swimming pool and huge jacuzzi which was empty but all looked fine!
Negatives: the walls of rooms seem very thin and on one night we were disturbed by a group of inconsiderate American women and Italian guys staggering in and shrieking/talking loudly at 5am! Luckily this was only a problem on one night. We also saw a couple of dead cockroaches in the corridor (although luckily not in our room!) but these were cleaned away by staff the following day and may be expected in a warm Spanish resort. Also, the TV reception was patchy and there was limited choice of channels, but watching TV was not high on my list of priorities! All in all an excellent stay and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for those looking for above-average basic accommodation near to Ibiza Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marítimo Sport & Relax A refurbished hotel in a unique location between the quiet seaside location and the buzzing centre of Ibiza with its night-life. Committed to healthy living and having fun, with health, sport and well-being. Our hotel is ideal for sports enthusiasts of all levels due to its facilities, setting and professional team who are qualified to advise you about all sorts of sports, cultural and leisure activities. Fans of cycle touring will also be able to use our bike friendly facilities, with workshop and lockers. Our hotel offers guests a well-equipped gym with a covered heated pool. The hotel offers tickets for discos, bicycle rental, kayak and paddle surf. There is free WIFI in the common areas, luggage room and picnic service on request, plus a computer area with Internet access and games. DESAYUNO 8.00 - 11:00 QIUB BAR 11.00 - 19.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Playasol Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritimo Hotel Ibiza Town
- Hotel Playasol Maritimo Ibiza/Ibiza Town