“We Love Cappuccinos!!”

Ranked #47 of 527 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We love Cappuccino cafes and everytime we know there's one Cappuccino in a place we visit, we go there!! Great location during the day and also by night is very romantic! You can eat in front of the city!! If we must find something to improve is the variety of the menu: you don't have a great amount of plates to choose. Anyway the California sandwich and the Ice tea of the house are the best!!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've been there a few times lately, and I'm still not quite sure whether I like it or not :-)

On one hand the view is amazing. Old city. Super yachts. 1st row to the water.

On the other hand the service is poor, the menu is cafe and not much more, and quality and size of portions vary a lot from time to time. Last time we asked why and got the answer "new management" (?)

I could recommend the place for a coffee or a beer ... but not much more at the moment.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Only the photo of the view of D'Alt Vila is from the 'Grand Cafe Cappuccino' in the Marina Ibiza, the other two are of 'Cafe Cappuccino' in Marina Botafoch. Much better view from the former, which is more up-market.
Grand Cafe Cappuccino has become one of our favourite places on Ibiza - splendid setting and ambience, excellent service and good food - and would normally rate 'Very Good' or 'Excellent', but on this visit everything seemed to fall apart. The usual, polite and efficient Manager was absent and we were ignored on arrival, left to find a table and then not offered a drink - we had to stop a passing member of staff to get served. When, eventually, we were asked what we would like to eat, we suggested that the waitress write down our order but she said she would remember. Inevitably when the food arrived the order was wrong and had to be sent back. The waitress indicated she thought we had got it wrong!
I normally much enjoy the Spicy Tuna Sushi but on this occasion it was not up to standard - too loose and impossible to pick up with chopsticks - and with a very meagre amount of wasabi. The real shocker was the Minute Steak, which my partner ordered to try something different from the menu. At 28 euros this should have been something special, but what arrived was a very small ("mi-nute" indeed!), very thin strip of overcooked and tough beef accompanied by undercooked french fries and cold béarnaise sauce, sitting on a bed of unidentifiable salad leaves.
Yes, the restaurant was fairly busy on a Saturday lunchtime, but not full, yet the staff seemed in disarray and not their usual cheerful selves. To round off an unsatisfactory visit, our bill was incorrect - twice!
We will go back, but will be more careful what we order. Let's hope the Manager was just on a day-off and that normal service will be resumed.

2  Thank Rory M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I love Cappuccino restaurants!!! They are one of the best places I have ever visited (......or the best ones´):) I had knew the company from Mallorca and I was so glad that they finally put another two ones in Ibiza. We use to go there once per week. They do not serve just coffee, but also meals, coctails,...... I love Almond Latte, Sushi, Mojito or Carrot Cake but whatever you ask for you get a quality. The service is great, the place very chic with the impressive view to old town and the port and moreover the music is so relaxed. You pay a little bit more but it deserves that. I really recommend the place.

1  Thank patricianath
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

A really good place for a relaxing coffee or leisurely lunch or dinner. Service is good and the chilled low key music makes this one of the better options.