“Great Place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had 4 nights here and it was excellent. The room was a good size with small kitchen and good bathroom. Lovely view. Close enough to the town and quiet at night. Staff all very friendly. Nice pool. A/C unit too.

Room Tip: Top floor great views and nice and sunny
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clare a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
U.K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 13th to 20th October and I was getting more worried about the negative comments and the fact we normally only book 4 star establishments but I really wanted a sea-view without breaking the bank.
I e-mailed for confirmation of the booking and I had a friendly reply quickly from Kamilla Planells. On arrival we were amazed at the size of the room and balcony- the view was super and every thing was spick and span except we noticed that the balcony light did not work; we reported it on our way out and it was fixed before we came back.Smoking is not allowed in the rooms but you may on the balcony. We tried breakfast on the first mornng and we obviously looked a bit lost and a very cheerful lady ( Kamilla??)found us a table and sorted out payment. Food is fine but we normally only have tea and toast at home so we ate on the balcony for the rest of the week. Kettle took 5/8 minutes to boil, fresh bread from the supermarket ( still warm) and that view watching the planes and boats.Staff on reception were pleasant and helped us with directions and bus timetables. Yes I did wake up briefly when next door came in at 5.20a.m and you could hear some noise in the morning from showers etc but I hear this in my own home.
Cleaners did a good job daily and it was great that they were not hovering early in the morning but came sometime after noon- did forget to replace the shampoo. I don`t understand why Los Molinos and nautico Ebeso are listed under Ibiza Town hotels when they are 25 mand 250m away?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lelanni
Uig, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

my husband had a fall two days before we were due to fly home, he broke his femer and had to have an emergency operation,the hotel we were staying at was due to close the next day.so myself and my 14 yr old grand daughter were moved to the panoramic apartmentos, it was full of young lads out in ibiza to have a great time as the young do,but not a place for a young 14yr old to be in, we went out to the supermarket just along the street to get something to make to eat.and we could not get out the door outside the apartments for crowds sitting drinking and shouting at the people going past,this frightened my grand daughter. but what really got me was i put on the electric cooker to make her some soup and just as she sat down to eat it the door was being knocked really loudly and in came a very large man, with the smell of alcahol on him ranting and raving with not a word of english and pointed to the patio doors i took it that i was to open these during cooking to stop the smoke detector going off then he marched out again,my grand daughter was in tears.i did go out on the patio of my bedroom for a cigarette,and as we were on the ground floor we were at street level.when a van drew up to park right at our window and they were right up against the railing looking in at us and saying something in spanish to us and laughing we had to get inside and close the doors my grand daughter was in hysterics by this time and we had to contact our insurance to get us out of there. which they did at midnight that night.

Room Tip: none i did not stay long enough.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose D
tove5435, Gerente at Panoramic Apartments, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I have been reading through your nightmare stay and I am extremely sorry that you have had so bad experience.I want to thank you for taking the time in writing us some words which is always
of big value for us even they are negative. I would like to mention that our alarm sistem is very sensative as we have kitchen in the apartment and by cooking very ofen the alarm start, and we have to check the area, to secure that everything is ok. At the beginning of October we have had
some noise problems, but we have also had a person taking care of the problem. When you are
at the low floor of the building obviously there are people passing by and very often looking
around, but normally nothing happend. I am rearly sorry that you have had to suffer those problems with us.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Three of us booked an apartment in this hotel for a week and it was a real bargain. For me the most important thing be that the rooms were clean and air conditioned, and we were not left disappointed. The concierge were also very helpful to us during our stay for booking taxis, club tickets and providing general advice on where to eat etc. The beach is very close, although not the best Ibiza has to offer. Perhaps the hotel is a little bit quiet for clubbers, however it only cost €7ish for a taxi to Plaja D'en Bossa for Bora Bora beach or to Ibiza Town where it is more lively. You can also walk to the Port in Ibiza Town in about 10-15 mins. We paid €22 for a taxi to San Antonio, so not a great expense to get to where the action is quickly. The pool area looked nice, although we did not use it and we were provided with complimentary towels and shower facilities on our last day, even though we had to check out at midday so we were able to spend the last day in the sun and on the beach.

My advice to anyone staying here would be if you have the time, try and go into the historic Ibiza town to eat in the evenings, as the restaurants on Figueretes beach and close by to the hotel are not what I would consider decent options for tapas - there is much better available in the old town. If you are in need of something quick and easy however, there are plenty of options close by.

All in all, a great hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Stephanie_329
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed there end of July 2012 for a weekend. On midnight Saturday, there were loud knocks on our door. We are both female and thought it best not to answer at all (there was no peep-hole on the door for us to see who was knocking) assuming it was drunk neighbours who got the wrong door. After a couple of knocks, our door was opened by two guys who were supposed to be security guards. They seemed surprise to find us in there (maybe assuming we would out partying on a Saturday night !) I was very angry and asked what they wanted and all he could say was why didn't I open the door or at least asked who was knocking. No explanation why they wanted to enter my room at that time of the night !

The entrance to the complex was away from the reception and people can enter / exit freely. If you do choose to stay here, be extra vigilant with your valuables. One traveller wrote on Booking.com that their room was broken into and everything stolen and was sure a hotel staff who did it. I had a feeling what happened to us was a similar attempt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank WhizzBlizz
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel as we were at a loss due to the weird arrival times of Easyjet. Just needed a place to crash, shower and change after our flight, and this was fine. Booked at the last minute (got the last room) in high-season so the room was wickedly overpriced, but we did manage to get a good kip and the hotel was close to the airport. The room was large and basic with a kitchenette, fridge, microwave, 2 single beds pushed together, an OK bathroom and a balcony overlooking the sea. Clean enough, and the black-out blinds were a lifesaver. I think it would work better for groups than a couple like us, though. Did the job but I have to admit I wouldn't have fancied staying any longer than one night...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kitty548
Bedford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

July 23 2012 - July 28 2012

My friend and I book into the Panoramic Apartments and were very disappointed with what we came across.
The self catering studio was very basic and looked clean on first look. Towels were changed daily, but the floor was never washed properly.
There was no electric kettle, which proved to be a great problem as the kettle took 45mins to boil on the hob. In the end we, had to mircowave cups of water then boil them on the hob.
The only saving grace of this hotel was the pool, which was very well kept and clean, the sunloungers could have done with a matteress on them to make them a bit more comfortable.
We also found the lack of information a problem, as we didn't know that there was a bar/restaurant we could use on the complex.
We found this fact out 2 days before we were to book out.
The staff were very helpful if you asked them about something but not very forthcoming otherwise.
Also, when we were due to check out, we asked if we could have the room for longer and we were told we could have it for 5 hours for an extra fee of 50 euros, which we thought was very expensive, but they did offer an alternative, we could use the BATHROOM in the Lux Mar & Luggage room, which we thought was ok.
Well the luggage room was dark & unwelcoming, and has for the BATHROOM, it was a grubby shower, with no real facilities in it, people had dumped empty shampoo bottles in there, and food, also you just left the towels you were provided with dumped on the floor.
Overall, it was horrible.
Also, when we arrived we were very confused as we were dropped off outside the LUX MAR, which we now know is where the Panoramic Apartments are, even our transfer drive was confused.
Even the local shop keepers didn't know where the Panoramic Apartments were.
The resort of Figueretas itself was very nice, with some lovely restaurants, one of our favourite was the Costa Blanca a few yards along from the Panoramic, also the Cosmopolit was good.
We were also not picked up by Resorthoppa, for which we had paid for and contacted by hand to arrange a pick up time, but ended up having to get a taxi, otherwise we would have missed our flight.

I WOULD NOT recommend these apartments to friends, as I would not want to disappoint them.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sue b
tove5435, Gerente at Panoramic Apartments, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
First of all I would like to thank you for the time you have used in writing us a feedback. For us comments positives and negatives are both of big value, we need to learn from our mistakes. We are fully aware of that we do mistakes and that we are not perfect, but I can assure you that we do our best to change and do better. In our hotel we publish our restaurant and bar at
the notice board in the recepsión and our pricelist is placed at the recepcion desk, but it is
very easy to miss as the information flow is big. Apartamentos Panoramic has been published earlier under the name of Lux Mar Complex, but from this year it is published as apartamentos PANORAMIC therefore it is not so known as Lux Mar. We will continously try to do
everything better and we do hope that you another time will visit us. THANK YOU