“When you keep ordering the same thing over and over again ....you know”
Review of Mar a Vila

Mar a Vila
Ranked #18 of 527 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Elaborated and creative tapas restaurant with a touch of autor cuisine.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We fell in love with the food here - actually we could not stop eating OR stop taking pictures of it. Some of the tapas were so good we ended up ordering them multiple times throughout the evening. The one I cannot get out of my mind was the foie gras ravioli with a pear cream sauce. But really everything we had here was stellar. We went back three times. Its a definite when in Ibiza. The back patio was also really lovely, quiet, well-lit. Thanks Mar a Vila - you made our trip!

1  Thank chydorina

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great place. The 5 of us loved the menu so much we practically ordered the whole thing. The dishes were inventive, perfectly executed, beautifully presented and for what you would eat in London restaurants for that price was outstanding. Two of my friends are chefs and even they were impressed. The value is what will keep me coming back.
Don't change a thing!! x

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived in Ibiza without a clue where to eat, and so after checking out Trip Advisor, decided to give this place a go. It was quite simply excellent. After the chips and somethings we'd eaten in a number of restaurants it was a refreshing change. We we're started with a house appetiser of what seemed like baked cheese on a stick. (That stuff you might scrape of the grill when making cheese on toast.) It was a great idea. Our mains where absolutely stunning, perfectly presented. I had the Cod Confit which was perfectly seasoned and served with interesting dashes of nuts, salad and sauces. I couldn't help feeling jealous of my husbands "suckling pig" which was quite literally the best thing I have ever tasted. Everything was generously seasoned. If you are a big eater though, you might leave feeling a little hungry. We had a dessert as well which we would never usually do. If you're a dessert person you'll probably love them. The textures where excellent. My brownie wasn't quite chocolatey enough for me, but the apple "icecream" (Which is a sorbet btw) is really really good. Drinks are cheap. And the service couldn't have been better. There is an English menu available as well which really helps in Ibiza! Although both the host and waitress where so attentive and happy to explain anything on the menu. I have never eaten food as good as this for the price I paid.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place really was perfect. The service, food and price was outstanding. I randomly came accross it on tripadviser having got fed up paying excessive money for average food in Ibiza. First night we went we were a group of 6 and didnt no what to expect. We were put in the dining area at the back of the restaurant which was very spacious and nicely decorated. The food was brillinat and reasonalble in price for the standard. I had the lamb which was perfect.
It was so good we went again 2 days later with a group of 8 and the standard was exactly the same.
Will definately be back in 2013. Just hoping everyone does not start going as its a little hidden gem..

Ed Brown

1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Although hidden away, this place is a great spot for lunch. The standard of the food is superb and I'd highly recommend giving it a try.