“Authentic Spanish tapas-a rare find in touristy Ibiza”
Review of 43 Tapas Bar - CLOSED

43 Tapas Bar
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We love tapas and last year in Seville and Granada had the best we've tasted and thought a hard act to follow. Staying at Figueretes early April we found most good restaurants closed and those open not brilliant. So after searching on TA we visited 43 Tapas and weren't disappointed. The ambience was lovely, cosy and relaxed. The owners friendly and chatty. The food- terrific. The best bruschetta I've tasted outside Italy, the sardine dish so tasty and the tortilla, burrito and chicken curry served in generous portions were delicious. A mixture of traditional tapas and tapas sized portions of food around the world. We would definitely recommend and plan to re-visit before we go home.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Wandered in after TA browse backed up word of mouth recommendation. One of the few places open and busy-ish in Ibiza's slumbering off-season. Immediately impressed by mellow vibe and friendly welcome. Great menu, a blend of trad tapas and some international style small plates. My mate went for Thai salad, against my advice, but an enormous, fresh, prawn-laden basin arrived, and was devoured with such speed that I had to be deft and brave to grab a taste in between flashes of steel - the pirates of Ibiza live on! I went for my old favourite tapas; pimientos de padron, albondigas, calamari romana, and patatas bravas. All were first class, and well worth the wait that freshly prepared food demands. Portions were generous, good news, as the scourge of thai prawn salads was now looking for new bounty, so I was grateful that there was plenty to go around. Sated, we took to the bar and within minutes had new friends amongst the owners, Ute and Quentin, and locals too. A long session ensued, and it became clear that the reason for the high standards was the purest of reasons - to properly nourish and entertain the guest, and to share good times - rare treat on an island that has its fair share of commercial opportunists, to find a place that tends the heart as much as the belly. A true diamond. Will return for a sample of the tremendous gin array (38 and counting towards the magical 43) and some tapas experimentation. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited here in November it's a great little restaurant-bar and the tapas were lovely home cooked & tastey
The couple that own the place were super hosts & if you like G & T's he is the man to ask !
Next time we are in Ibiza we will be back ! Thanks

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Every time when I'm @ Ibiza I go to 43 Tapas Bar to eat and of course to drink something! The tapas is very, very nice! It's a small bar/ restaurant with a great atmosphere!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The owner of 43 Tapas Bar creates such a good atmosphere and he definitely knows how to spoil his customers. He speaks at least four languages (English, German, French and Spanish) so communication wont be a problem . You will get a warm welcome and excellent service in friendly environment with some local people as well. Quentin is very helpful and attentive. The prices are reasonable and the variety in the food menu is great and very international as well. Unfortunately when I visited the Bar it was far too late and the kitchen was already closed and reading the other reviews makes me feel like I missed out a lot. If I have stayed in Ibiza for more than four days I would have had certainly visited again.