We decided to go back to Ibiza after a long absence and really did not know what to expect. The other members of my knitting circle ( yes, I am that old) fell off their chairs laughing when I announced our intention. Yes, I do know the popular image of Ibiza town with its clubs, youth culture and excess.
Anyway, to cut to the chase - Hostal Parque. Located in an ideal position, just under the Walls of the Dalt Vila, and an easy walk with our bags from the quay where the ferry from Palma arrived, we would have not experienced the old familiar relaxed vibe of the town had we stayed in a modern high rise mass market hotel.
This place was ideal for us in every way. We went in October and got a low season rate, so we felt justified in taking one of the top floor rooms. Great choice. Lovely room, airy and light, with our own sun deck, loungers, chairs and table with superb views of the bay and old town.
The cafe on the ground floor spilled out into the square. We took breakfast here each day ( extra to the room rate) and were delighted with the food and service. Main meals were listed on the blackboard and looked to be good value although we ate elsewhere.
Ten minute's walk takes you to the bus station for services round the island ( very efficient and on time, unlike the Spain of yesteryear) and a taxi rank is around the corner.
Some reviewers have grumbled about the standard rooms and I can only say that looking inside them as we passed by they seemed to be absolutely fine and if some of them lack private bathrooms or even have no window to outside then this is clearly stated on the website, and those rooms are really cheap. What do you expect?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel located in downtown Ibiza, where meeting someone can become a true love story, Hostal Parque is more than its name suggests. The former Plaza del Parque Inn was purchased in 2000 and completely renovated in 2007 by its present owner. Open all year long, all 30 rooms are cozy and nicely decorated, with a homey touch, which makes them charming to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostal Parque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Residencia Parque Hotel Ibiza Town
- Hostal Parque Ibiza/Ibiza Town