“Hidden Gem next door”
Review of Hotel Cenit

Hotel Cenit
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We are a retired Canadian couple and spend our summers in Ibiza. The hotel,restaurant and pool was found by accident on a Sunday morning walk. We were blown away... and decided to take a vacarion within a vacation...for 2 days ...simply UNBLIEVEABLE....The reception was fast and efficient and we even got an upgrade to our surprise. Our room 322... simply furnished but immaculately clean. The view was to DIE for...incredible of the ocean. The bathroom u would want to take home with you...state of the art. Breakfast was more tha adequate...great coffee and lots of it...Again very clean...white glove clean..We left feeling like part of a family...The resraurant and pool was like being on a MOUNTAIN TOP RETREAT...The view again best in Ibiza...Credit must be given to where credit is due...the restaurant...you will be surprised at the reasonable pricing and 5 star class cuisine...to which Martin the chef and cook Esneda excel whith every dish,,,The waiters Rufo and Jens are at your beck and call...no waitng or bad service here...the pool boy...Nacho... is why the pool is again.. immaculately clean. Gina the evening hostess and barmaid...a delightful person just to to know. The clientele we found to be couteous and friendly. What else could you ask for...We have now found another FAMILY here in Ibiza...I am sure you will be the same

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony and say ken from canada sent you
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hotel Cenit was a great spot. The rooms were basic, but the pool and the view were fantastic. The staff at the pool bar were wonderful. The food was quite good. My friends and I appreciated that the hotel and the pool area (including the WC) was spotless. My only criticism is the choices at breakfast were very limited as the week went on. I would also suggest that the staff check to see who is really staying at the hotel .When the pool was crowded, many of the lounges were being used by people who were not guests at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I booked this hotel last minute for 4 nights. I booked a single room and was very pleasantly surprised with the room. It had a double bed, balcony and brand new bathroom (Room 305) For the money I paid, it was excellent value for money!

The WIFI worked excellently too, no issues at all. Loved the pool and thought the staff were great. Just two slight issues.

1. One evening, the air con machine leaked - all over my laptop. Luckily there was no damage however this could have been a disaster
2. Magda, the hotel reception - seriously needs to go on a customer service/manners course. She is very rude and probably the least friendly person I met on the whole island

Other than that - Hotel Cenit is great!

Room Tip: If travelling alone, book 305
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank FunSeeker475
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I really like this Hotel. The rooms were very nice and decorated. I had room 41 and loved the view, the large balcany and the comfortable beds. The Hotel had a great pool area with freindly guest and friendly staff. I will never go back to Ibiza because I personnaly didnt like it. There were too many theives and to many beggers oh and to top it off to many drug sellers. I was asked numerous of times to buy cocain and Marijuana. It was so bad I finnaly got tiered of it and told someone at the bar that they guy just offered me drugs. He said to me, "oh yes, you have to be carefull". so no one seems to mind it and it seemes pretty normal.

So back to Hotel Cenit. Great Hotel very well kept, clean Sheets, clean towels, great view, great view from the pool clean welcoming rooms, freindly guest and great staff.

Room Tip: get room 41 it was great!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I'm a guy that lives in the island and work in the Ibiza's night. During the last month of June I've been visiting the swimming pool with several friends, having lunch and drinking around 2 days a week. Yesterday, one of the waiters ask me to leave the pool because his boss (the one that runs the bar) is very tired of asking the people from outside the hotel to leave. I just would like to say that when the pool is empty and they don't have other people to sell their drinks than the people of the island everything is ok, but when July and August arrive we are not welcome anymore... They say that there are an indication saying it... Thing that is not true... I was just bringing him more customers... But anyway, good luck Mirador Hotel Cenit

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Javier23LM
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone due to a very grumpy front desk lady and the stench in the rooms!
We were very glad to check out of this hotel and tried to spend the majority of our time out and about away from this place.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the noisy stairwell
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J L
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The good thing about this hotel is the view. This hotel is on a hill over looking the bay which means a long uphill walk if you go into Ibiza Old Town (20 minutes) or down to Figueretas beach (10 minutes) where you will find lots of great restaurants.
The first thing we noticed when we entered the room is the smell, the bathroom stinks like sewage. The toilet brush was brown, so we put it on the balcony, which helped a bit with the smell. The shower was the worst; it doesn’t have a door/curtain so the water splashes everywhere and also constantly pulsed hot and cold so was unbearable! WIFI is only available downstairs.
The reception was useless – our towel fell onto the balcony below, first she couldn’t figure out what room was underneath, somebody else had to tell her. When she told us they couldn’t get it now, we asked if we could borrow one for the day, she said she would sell us one for 10 Euros!
The walls are paper thin, and due to the location of the room in front of the stairs, we could hear people walking up and down and the conversations next door.
Another thing we noticed is the number of men walking the corridors with only their speedos on, we felt uncomfortable.
Wouldn't go back here ever again. Recommend to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room close to the stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple