We picked this apart-hotel because it has the kitchenette facilities which would allow us to make some meals on our own. From our experience, eating the usual slop on a half-board package deal or out at restaurants every day can get tiring. The kitchenette was basic, but sufficient. We did take our own espresso coffee maker, so not sure how the one provided (no machine, just the coffee pot) would work. The kitchenette equipment was fine for making breakfasts, light lunches and salads.
We made the reservation directly through the Grupo Playa Sol website, but for some reason it only recorded 1 adult on the reservation. Despite two phone calls and email confirmations to correct it to 2 adults, the hotel still had it wrong when we checked in. Another surprise was that we had to pre-pay the entire stay at check-in, a bit uncommon, but there was no other choice.
The apartment (room 407, top floor) was very spacious - living room with coffee table, sofa/sofabed, dining table and 4 chairs, tv, in the hallway a huge double closet, a big bathroom with lots of counter space and a nice sized bedroom with 2 single beds pushed together, nightstands and a desk and chair. The kitchenette is hidden behind doors in the living room, which is nice.
The best part of the room was the spectacular view of the sea and the spacious terrace. We were overlooking one of the pools - thankfully, the quieter one, as the other pool has music playing and is used by the all-inclusive Italian groups (the majority of the guests) for their activities and entertainment . To the left we saw the Figueretas beach area and Ibiza town, straight out and to the right, wide open sea. It was so nice to have lunch in the room with our wonderful sea view. We found the hotel quiet and did not experience any of the late night clubbers coming back and making noise.
There's a supermarket with a verygood selection of products just 1 block away, so that was convenient to buy some staples to cook with. FYI: the hotel didn't provide dish washing detergent, and the tap water is undrinkable - it's salt water - so you have to buy bottled water.
The air conditioning broke for a little over 2 days, so it was a bit uncomfortable. We asked for compensation and at first the manager on duty claimed that it was out of his control. He had the audacity to compare it to the A/C breaking down in our home, and asked who we would get compensation from. After a little back-and-forth, he relented and offered half-board in the hotel for the rest of our stay. We felt that was a kind offer and a fair resolution. The food quality varied. It was nothing spectacular, but it was acceptable. Be aware that half-board does NOT include drinks with your meal - not even WATER! They made an "exception" and let us at least have water, but we did take down our bottled water just in case. The prices for refreshments ranged from 1.80 to over 2 Euros for a glass of cola, beer or wine. The breakfasts were the worst. The "juice" and "coffee" were made from powder so were practically undrinkable. It's definitely not worth getting up for, especially since they only serve until 10am. Obviously, they want people to miss out on breakfast; Ibiza's nightlife goes until late, so I imagine most people don't get up in time.
The location is good if you don't plan on going into Ibiza town much. There's Figueretas beach to one side (10 min) and D' Embossa to the other (10mn) , or if you want to stay at the hotel, the pool was not crowded and they even had some air mattresses for common use.
We did go out to Ibiza town practically every night - for drinks, dinner or a club, so the walk back, yes we walked, took about 25 minutes. Part of the walk is along the boardwalk "paseo maritimo" so that makes it a little more pleasant, but it's the one thing we would have preferred: to have it closer to the town center, but we didn't find an apart-hotel that we liked any closer.
One of the elevators was broken for about 6 day, but at least the other one worked. The maid service was excellent. Each day we came back to a clean room with fresh towels. The front desk personnel were satisfactory but not overly attentive. We thought the hotel's rating was 4 stars, but in fact the official ranking is 3.
If you're looking for an apart-hotel with wonderful sea views, this is a great option for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Jabeque Soul, you will get all the rest you need, while you are only a few steps away from all the wild atmosphere of Ibiza summer nights. Relax and drink a cocktail in our refurbished chill-out terrace with Balinese beds in the swimming pool with wonderful views of the Mediterranean. Enjoy all the comfort and freedom of being in your own home, while also enjoying all the usual hotel services, (including a varied buffet breakfast, if you choose). We are between Playa d'en Bossa and Figueretas, only a 15 minute walk from the city centre and 10 minutes away from Playa d'en Bossa. Ibiza offers an infinite number of surprises, and we put them all within your reach. At Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul, they know perfectly well what we want and what we need. They are very friendly. It’s simple but with a terrace over the Mediterranean! We are close to Ushuaïa and HÏ, with kilometres of beach and beach clubs at our feet! They tell us how everything works, and that if we do not want them to clean our room in the morning we can request it and they will do everything possible. They also remind us that our tickets to Ushuaïa which we asked for are at the reception desk. Wow! This is Ibiza, let’s get this party started! Breakfast 8.00 - 11:00 QIUB POOL BAR 11.00 - 19.00 CHECK IN STARTING AT 14:00 CHECK OUT AT 11:00 PARKING 20€ DAY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Jabeque Es Vive
- Aparthotel Jabeque Hotel Es Vive
- Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul Ibiza/Ibiza Town