See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Stayed at the La Ventana for a couple of nights this August and I can honestly say the following:

Location - Fantastic. Wonderful restaurants down the road: El Olivo, La Oliva...
Reception staff - Fantastic
Room size - a bit on the small size, ok balcony
Room price - 250 Euros without breakfast is an absolute rip-off!
Cleanliness - very poor! Dirty beds, pillows, floors...The room & the sheets smelt bad!
Cupboards - dirty & in terrible shape. Never took my clothes out of my suitcase.
Bathroom - very old, antique, no toiletries, dirty. I had to buy my own toiletries and gave the bathtub a good wash! The towels are years old & in very poor shape!
No elevator - had to go up and down from 3rd floor with heavy luggage!
The top floor terrace was so dirty & abandoned that I never wanted to go back there again.
The common areas of the hotel are a mess, totally disorganized and everything all over the place.
Never had a single meal in the hotel but the kitchen looked an absolute chaos.

This hotel has alot of potential, mainly due to its location but at the moment it is a cheap hostal which should charge no more than 85/90 Euros a night! Having read some good reviews of the hotel I tought I would be ok but I really wasn´t. To pratice this steep prices La Ventana needs an URGENT and complete renovation in all departments!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank MYAGISAN
Reviewed August 2, 2006

Stayed 4 nights in a back room for EUR 176 per night. The room was probably the smallest I've ever stayed in and the bathroom is absolutely tiny. It's a bit rund down, ceiling in bathroom is flaking off. We saw a front room which has a regular size - this costs around EUR 250.
To be fair I must say the staff is very helpful and friendly - unfortunately this doesn't help over the feeling of being ripped off.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank twyss
Reviewed June 11, 2006

The place is overall worn and run down and is not worth the price. Our room was dusty, the towels were torn, they wouldn't give you soap or toilet paper without asking, and in general had seen better days. We paid for a "superior" room and I definately feel ripped off.

• Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank Timinsfca
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Great webiste. We requested a view of the harbor, which might have been possible if it weren't for the tree. But we did have a room with a balcony. Its location in the D'alt Vila steps from upscale shopping and eating inside the old walls make it a great location, The room was a good size, everything worked. However, it looked as if it might use some sprucing up. Boxes stacked in the reception area. Furnishings looking a bit tired. It just looks a little old and cheap. And we were on the 3rd floor (4th story) without an elevator.
Most of the staff (except for one guy) was very friendly and helpful. Didn't eat at the hotel. Always walked down the street.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank RinTulsa
Reviewed October 16, 2005

First stayed at La Ventana just after it opened. It was excellent, one of the first boutique hotels of its type. Great location, comfortable rooms, excellent staff, good fresh food and a great ambience.
The location is the same!
Everything else has slid down hill.
I was shocked to be told that the ownership and management had not changed.
The rooms have not even had a lick of paint in years. The breakfast (no longer included) is dreadful (and incredibly expensive). The staff are largely absent and the room rates (for what you get) are extortionate.
I stayed in what is theoretically one of the better rooms with balcony. The decor and facilities are that of a cheap hostel. Do not be fooled by the web site.
It is time the management re-visited what they set out to achieve when the hotel opened.

Stayed: September 2005