See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Great webiste. We requested a view of the harbor, which might have been possible if it weren't for the tree. But we did have a room with a balcony. Its location in the D'alt Vila steps from upscale shopping and eating inside the old walls make it a great location, The room was a good size, everything worked. However, it looked as if it might use some sprucing up. Boxes stacked in the reception area. Furnishings looking a bit tired. It just looks a little old and cheap. And we were on the 3rd floor (4th story) without an elevator.
Most of the staff (except for one guy) was very friendly and helpful. Didn't eat at the hotel. Always walked down the street.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank RinTulsa
Reviewed October 16, 2005

First stayed at La Ventana just after it opened. It was excellent, one of the first boutique hotels of its type. Great location, comfortable rooms, excellent staff, good fresh food and a great ambience.
The location is the same!
Everything else has slid down hill.
I was shocked to be told that the ownership and management had not changed.
The rooms have not even had a lick of paint in years. The breakfast (no longer included) is dreadful (and incredibly expensive). The staff are largely absent and the room rates (for what you get) are extortionate.
I stayed in what is theoretically one of the better rooms with balcony. The decor and facilities are that of a cheap hostel. Do not be fooled by the web site.
It is time the management re-visited what they set out to achieve when the hotel opened.

Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank Passport16678
Reviewed September 7, 2005

Location wise, you couldn't ask for more. This is a very classy area to stay in with fantastic restaurants all around. The rooms were just what we were looking for, romantic, clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful too. I’m amazed at the other comments on this site and can only imagine those people checked into the wrong hotel. I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week in July. We had a room at the front and absolutely loved it.

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed August 31, 2005

Wow! What a website. Thought I would be staying in a 3-4 star boutique hotel. Guests will be astounded when they see a 1/2 star pension. We had to move out the same day we checked in after 18 hours of traveling to Ibiza. As exhausted as we were, this was pure hell!

Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Run down, not clean and outrageously expensive for what it is. Don't be fooled by the photos on its Web site. The place is a scam. It should be called a hostel and not a hotel. The only good thing about it is the location I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. It even smells when you walk into the place.

• Stayed: July 2005