See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed at La Ventana for 4 nights this past August.
The rooms are so tiny that the bed had to be smashed up against the wall and in the bathroom you have to step over the toilet to get in the tiny shower. The beds themselves need improvement as you could feel the springs. Decor-wise they're trying to be shabby-chic but only succeed in being shabby.

Unlike other posters I didn't have much interaction with the staff but when I did ask for restaurant recommendations the manager/receptionist seemed dumbstruck.

All in all if you're looking for a place in Ibiza town and don't plan on being in your room much, I'd recommend staying here but for over 150 Euros a night there must be better.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2008

I enjoyed my stay at La Ventana, fantastic location in the heart of the old town of Ibiza. The rooftop view is outstanding. The staff were wonderful, gave good suggestions on which beaches to go to and referred me to some great restaurants, a short walk from the hotel. My room was small and yes, the bathroom was small but it had style and was all I needed. The price was right at 150 Euro per night.
Parking was frustrating as there is very little parking near the hotel. If you plan to travel to different places around the island, you need a car. My rental was scratched up quite a bit from people hitting it while they parked, so I suggest getting the insurance. Best night club for 40+ is Pacha, don't bother with the others as the average age is around 22. Also, things don't get going until around 2:30AM, so take a nap. I enjoyed the variety of beaches; Aigo Bianca in the NE, Salinas in the SW. Ashram for a beautiful sunset view.
The larger hotels that I saw were not appealing at all.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank grammyaward2003
Reviewed May 7, 2007

I stayed in the Ventana from May 1 to May 4, 2007 and had an excellent stay. The staff were very friendly, and management has changed this year. My room was very clean, with balcony and a view over the park. This is a boutique hotel of sorts, located in a very easy to reach location toward the bottom of D'Alt Vila and close to some good restaurants. Wireless internet in the common area on ground floor.

Prices are what they are. Americans are likely to balk with our weak dollar AND Ibiza is THE prime Mediterranean summer destination after St. Tropez. If you can't justify the prices in your budget, don't come to Ibiza.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed August 5, 2006

Stayed at the La Ventana for a couple of nights this August and I can honestly say the following:

Location - Fantastic. Wonderful restaurants down the road: El Olivo, La Oliva...
Reception staff - Fantastic
Room size - a bit on the small size, ok balcony
Room price - 250 Euros without breakfast is an absolute rip-off!
Cleanliness - very poor! Dirty beds, pillows, floors...The room & the sheets smelt bad!
Cupboards - dirty & in terrible shape. Never took my clothes out of my suitcase.
Bathroom - very old, antique, no toiletries, dirty. I had to buy my own toiletries and gave the bathtub a good wash! The towels are years old & in very poor shape!
No elevator - had to go up and down from 3rd floor with heavy luggage!
The top floor terrace was so dirty & abandoned that I never wanted to go back there again.
The common areas of the hotel are a mess, totally disorganized and everything all over the place.
Never had a single meal in the hotel but the kitchen looked an absolute chaos.

This hotel has alot of potential, mainly due to its location but at the moment it is a cheap hostal which should charge no more than 85/90 Euros a night! Having read some good reviews of the hotel I tought I would be ok but I really wasn´t. To pratice this steep prices La Ventana needs an URGENT and complete renovation in all departments!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MYAGISAN
Reviewed August 2, 2006

Stayed 4 nights in a back room for EUR 176 per night. The room was probably the smallest I've ever stayed in and the bathroom is absolutely tiny. It's a bit rund down, ceiling in bathroom is flaking off. We saw a front room which has a regular size - this costs around EUR 250.
To be fair I must say the staff is very helpful and friendly - unfortunately this doesn't help over the feeling of being ripped off.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends