“Great Hotel, with good pool and good location”

Ibiza Corso Hotel & Spa
Ranked #36 of 51 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of days with a friend, we had great views from our rooms. It was very hot outside, a/c looked after at us a comfortable temperature adequately. The in room WIFI was OK, but speeds were an issue, it was very slow.

We ate at the restaurant and used the bar, both were good. The hotel was well located for the little ferry that goes across to the old town, we used this, and so had a taster of the night life in town. This means that getting to breakfast in the morning before it closed were an issue, and the SS Stormtrooper on the door was very clear that at 1 minute past closing we were not entering, which although fair comment as far as the published rules go, might benefit from a smidge of flexibility - the restaurant is vacant for 80% of the time...

We thought the bar, and particularly the bar staff around the pool were excellent. Same could really be said of all the staff, and everyone on the island - nothing is too much trouble.

Would definitely stay again with the family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, they unusually required a full payment upon arrival although we put a down payment, which was odd as all hotels I've been in (including Ibiza) we paid upon check out. This was no problem so far. We reserved two rooms. My friend paid for his, and i shortly after, gave my Credit card however ran into a problem. As i casually told them i would call the bank to see what the problem is, (keep in mind we just arrived to the hotel 20 minutes ago, and my friend has been asked and did settle his room in full), anyways they immediately threatened me saying "If you don't pay now, we will remove the bags from your room tomorrow morning and you will be checked out".Fortunately i dealt with my problem immediately however i wouldn't have let it slip. Is this 4-star service? Not at all. I was once offered to be given cash by a 2star hotel after i had my bag stolen. However, in Ibiza corso, although you are respectful, they have your passport already sent to police(protocol for all clients), you have paid for the first night, and you haven't even seen you're room yet, they still threaten to kick you out. I have been to Ibiza many times before, I would recommend many other hotels in the same area for the same price, or even less, with real 4-star service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel without planning in advance, My wife and I rented a sali boat in Ibiza and were plannin to stay abord, finally the boat was not really what we expected and we started to look for a hotel room, we found one free night at the Corso, so we took it, the hotel was fully book so every night we had to ask to see the possibility to stay one more night. Finally we were there for three nights and then move to the Ocen Drive Hotel ( right beside) they confirmed the room for the rest or our stay.
The hotel has nice rooms, they are big and clean, the pool area is very nice, it has a great spa with very profesional staff.
They have good service and very good breakfast buffet.
They have a very nice swimming pool, the service at the pool bar was very good, they have very nice pool towels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now & I think that its great! The location is perfect, just a stones throw from all of the really nice resturants and bars on the marina front!

The staff are all friendly....we even got upgraded to double rooms (3 singletons on the trip) next to each other for no extra costs!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Simone S
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped here for one night. Room was a good size and clean. Decent sized bathroom, with a good overbath shower.

Breakfast was a good selection of cold meats and cheeses, along with the usual cereals, fruit and croissants etc. Coffee was Nespresso pods, which are ok, but would have preferred a proper coffee machine using beans.

Overall an ok hotel, and served the purpose for one night, though if I was staying for pleasure, I would choose somewhere else as it is a good distance from town. Though there is a small tourist shuttle ferry to the other side of the harbour, no idea as to the cost though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We visited the day spa as we had to check out of our apartment early and weren't flying for a few hours. The staff we friendly and very helpful, letting us store our luggage free of charge and calling a taxi when we were ready to leave, which was great considering we were not actual guests of the hotel.

The spa pool and sauna/steam rooms were very relaxing, only negative is that whislt some parts of the spa were finished perfectly (changing rooms), the pool and steam room could do with a bit more of a thourough clean.

Room Tip: A good place to go if you have a late flight and need someonewhere to spend the day
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Entrance: The entrance was shabby, no ramp to put my heavy suitcase and I did not see a lift. After walking up two flights of stairs I arrived to the lobby. It was recently painted, but the overall impression was still that it was dated and NOT what I except from a hotel lobby of a 4 star hotel.
Rooms: It appears they have done a quick fix on painting and decoration. Although it does not look too bad, the overall impression is still shabby, in need of updating and mondernisation. Does not match up to any 4 star hotel room I have ever stayed in.
Sounds: It is terrible to wake up several times a night from noises in the hallway (just the sounds of shoes walking) and from other rooms. I actually woke up by the noise of people having sex in the room above me! Terrible, terrible. Did not get much sleep. The rooms seemed to have cardboard walls.
Restaurant: Only had breakfast, and although the décor was OK, the level of services was abysmal. The waiters did not even care to give me knife and fork, so I had to go looking for it at the waiter station… Food: not a lot to choose from, very basic.
Location: good location by the harbor.
Would never considering staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends