“Fresh food and fantastic white sangria”

Formentera Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 524 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have been there in July during an MSC cruise. The atmosphere reflects perfectly Ibiza. The food is fresh and we drunk a fantastic white sangria. The staff is very attentive to guest's needs. It is a real full year restaurant not just a tourist season restaurant

Reviewed October 15, 2013

stopped in this restaurant to have dinner with my wife. the place is right in front of the harbour, service was outstanding and the food was delicious. tried the paella and it was a delight. I recommend to anyone that go to that area not to miss it.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We passed Formentera one evening, with the restaurant looking so busy, we thought it must be good. The menu looked great too with a lot of variety.

We asked for a table and were told that there were others waiting for tables, however lots of the tables were empty and they just needed to be cleared. Anyway, we weren't in a rush and we put our names on the waiting list. Within 15 minutes, we had a table.

We were sat at the table by a lovely waitress who promptly provided menus. However 20 minutes later, we still had not been asked for drinks and we couldn't get anyone's attention. Just before walking out, we finally had our order taken and we ordered our food at the same time. Although this waitress, a different one to the one who sat us down, was extremely grumpy and everything seemed to be a problem. We were even refused paella because she said it would take too long!

After all of the problems our drinks and food came out quickly. I can safely say that the food was worth the wait! It was delicious. We had chicken croquettes, figs with goats cheese, teriyaki skewers, patatas bravas, spanish omelette and a mixed salad. The manager also served our table after that, which helped us forget about the previous waitress.

Formentera is in an awesome location, we sat outside and its a great place for people watching and watching the world go by. I would go back to Formentera, but I hope the service is better next time.

1  Thank SunshineLover86
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been eating a few times in restaurant Formentera, and I have to say it has been good every time, I have tried the coquilles, prawns in garlick oil and the tataki, excellent. As main dishes I have tried the john dorry a la ibicenca, and a very good grilled tuna delicious. Very good service and it seems that the staff enjoy themselves and that shows on the table, smiling and helpfull. I very much recommend this restaurant when you want to eat in the harbour, also great for people watching.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

On our first night in Ibiza, we arrived around 10PM. As soon as we settled in to our apartment (located on the port), we decided to try this gem a try! Despite being there in ultra high tourist season, we were immediately seated and were able to sit in a table located right along the promenade, perfect for people watching! We ordered a liter of the Cava Sangria and then a liter of the regular Sangria. I must say, the Cava Sangria was out of this world! We ordered several tapas including the chorizio, patatas bravas, figs with goat cheese and bacon and the grilled garlic shrimp. Absolutely everything was amazing! At the end we decided to order the special dessert of the day, the cheesecake. We sat for over 2 hours, and even though we were there until almost closing time, we never felt rushed. The service was very good and our server displayed the perfect combination of being attentive and letting us relax and enjoy our meal.

Formentera is open until 2AM and has tables both on the main promenade facing the port, as well as tucked away inside the streets. For our last meal, we decided to head back to Formentera and we are so happy we did, because we were not disappointed.

I definitely recommend trying this place out. We were recommended to try it by a local, which is always a good sign.