“Lio - my best night ever”
Review of Lio

Lio
Ranked #6 of 74 Nightlife in Ibiza Town
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am still calling it my best night ever - more than 6 months on from my visit last September 2012. I feel compelled to write a review as i have just rebooked for a further night for 6 of us at Lio in May when I visit Ibiza. Most reviews mention how expensive but nobody seems to point out that you get a table with fantastic food and cabaret entertainment leading into a dance club. But this is nothing like an old fashioned cabaret! No boring , fat old man as "compere"! We were greeted by gorgeous model like maitre d's that looked like they'd come off an American 1960s filmset dressed in "Pan-Am" style uniforms/ crossed with Officer and a Gentleman. Next thing you knew they were on the stage doing a burlesque routine or dressed as fabulous drag artists. There were two Britain's Got Talent acts ( the excellent pole dancer and a tap dancing / table slapping duo - had to be seen!) It's not for really young adults who just want a nightclub and a booze up. You have to be foodies who like a bit of a bop after a few wines but with some great sing- a- long classics! The food was amazing - expensive but absolutely gorgeous. But of course booking a table for dinner means you pay no entrance fee etc. We were tired when we got there at 9.30 pm having overdone it the night before and didn't think we'd have a late night - OMG ! we didn't leave til 3.30 am !! I never stopped dancing - I could hardly finish my food for wanting to dance around the table. I recommend booking for about 9.30 ( although acts looked to have started sooner than that) - the meal morphs into dancing around your table ( or on it - many do!) , with some tables clearing and leaving a dance floor to develop. The acts didn't finish til at least 1am with a huge finale act of all the dancers/ performers. Made me wish I'd never stopped ballet/ tap at 5 years old looking at the legs and muscles on those girls!!

1  Thank MelManch
in 34 reviews
"entry"
"euro"

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am not a staff member of this restaurant or have any affiliation whatsoever. However, I agree that the food is over priced but the ambiance is magnificent and the food was in my opinon good! And please fellow members dont forget that you are on Ibiza. This is still a jet set island with tons of A-list visitors. You are paying to be seen on this Island. Paying 1.250 Euros for a bottle of Dom Perignon in the VIP in Pascha is standard here! So if you want a cheap meal go to playa d'en bossa!

1  Thank Serge R
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Do not waste your money there. Incredibly over priced ( €50 euros for the cheapest main, cheapest bottle of wine €50 euros etc) not a complete issue if you could actually see the Cabaret! We couldn't, despite telling them it was our anniversary meal (wasn't acknowledged) booked months in advance, and having seen the trip advisor reviews, we explained it was a special occasion, could we be placed in a good viewing position! Despite this we were shoved by the bar - we could have been anywhere, looking at a wall! The staff are rude, and arrogant, overall I wish we hadn't bothered going! We explained our disappointment, and they just took our menus away, no apologies! We left after our drinks instead of having our meal as we were so angry, nevertheless we still paid for 2 g&ts and a bottle of water - 50 euros for the whole pleasure!!!

1  Thank Ngerks
Reviewed August 31, 2012

There are many things to do in Ibiza, this is not one for the young at heart! I wouldn't bother visiting, you might as well go to Pacha, I'm sure it would be better.

2  Thank MamaMoooo