“food excels and more than makes up for (maybe) lack of atmosphere”

Restaurante S'Ametller
Ranked #4 of 507 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
york, western australia
“food excels and more than makes up for (maybe) lack of atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went to S'Ametller on my last night in Ibiza, as a result of finding on Trip Advisor. I couldn't believe the standard of food for the price. I had eaten at a wide variety of places during my holiday, but have to say that this restaurant was the standout value. The food matched the most expensive in my opinion.

Don't expect fancy lighting or music. This restaurant is about FOOD. The owner has a passion for his craft and does it extremely well. Juan cares, and it shows.

Very much recommend, go with an open mind. BTW the menu is available in Spanish only, due to the changing lineup of dishes.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank york8491

Marrakech
“Wonderful evening, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I first frequented this restaurant when it opened about 13 years ago. I returned last week after an absence of 10 years. Same owners, a local couple passionés of food and wine. I was remembered so our wait for a table was not too long and we were served a free drink while we waited. As others have noted, the service is on the slow side, but it is very friendly and the husband/maitre'd isattentive and very knowledgeable about the wines offering very good suggestions. In light of others' criticism, I observed the service at other tables and it was as attentive and good as I received. We both took the menu de degustation at about 35 euros including either a bottle of wine for two or, the better option of a different glass of wine(you are offered several choices) with each of the three main courses--a salad starter, a fish course and a meat course followed by dessert. Our extras were coffee and water. Each course was delicious and beautifully presented. As others have noted the servings are not huge (ordering a la carte gets you larger portions), but more than sufficient in light of the 4 courses.
My sole criticism is the decor, which while a bit changed over the years, has never been anything special--it is in town away from the old town and port. If they hired a decorator the restaurant would be perfect for that romantic evening out. As it is, it is a (the?) place to go for an evening of delicious and special haute cuisine dining in ibiza.

• Visited August 2013
“Un assuming, understated, a small hidden gastronomic den”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I found my self near the restaurant by accident (I had to park my car in the area). I have not read about the restaurant and it was mainly the curiosity that led me in the place. I am glad I followed my curisosity (or my instincts?). The interior decor and furnishing is, how to say, proletarian. It is not minimalisitac the modern or zen way. It is frugal, unassuming but still with a touch of warmth.
The chef is present with no diva attitude, the food is simply delicious. There is no use in describing further. I cannot find another word better than 'unassuming'. Go simply for a nice meal without the expectation of an experience that will rock your existence. It is nobody's prentension at S'Ametller to do so. Enjoy and I hope you will have a kind thought for me.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We went there because of trip advisor, and that was an excellent decision. The food is great, the service couldn't be better, and the prices surprisingly low. Don't hesitate and go there

• Visited August 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Best meal in Ibiza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

By far this was the all round best restaurant we went to in Ibiza. Right from the moment we stepped in we were made welcome by the owner. He was so passionate about the food that was prepared and all of it was so divine. He made sure to explain everything on the menu carefully and we were definitely looked after. Fabulous evening.

• Visited July 2013