“Good but not as good as it could have been”

Restaurante S'Ametller
Ranked #10 of 551 Restaurants in Ibiza Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My friends an I visited here on the strength of the reviews on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, I must mention the excellent service. We were made to feel extremely welcome and the waiter (who I think was the owner) couldn't have been more helpful.

We had the set menu, which included 4 courses and wine/liqueurs for 35 euro each.

The food was good, but my veal was woefully undercooked (I asked for medium and it arrived extremely rare/almost blue) and my chocolate fondant was overcooked. I was unlucky though as the two others' fondants were oozing, whereas mine was more of a cake consistency.

1  Thank James N

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went there on August 6, 2012 with my girlfriend.

Pros:
- Food: extremely fresh ingredients worked with perfection
- Menu: although the menu is short, there are options for everyone and the staff is very flexible about changes
- Service: the owner, a very friendly guy, explains every dish in details and makes you feel at home
- Value: impossible to find better options for the value (EUR60 for a couple)
- Ambient: well spaced tables makes you comfortable
- Time: open until 1am

Cons: none

Tip: book previously or arrive after 11pm.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We went to S'Ametller for a friend’s birthday whilst we were in Ibiza after it was recommended to us. We arrived without a reservation but thankfully that wasn't a problem. We received a very warm welcome, the service was amazing and nothing was too much trouble including explaining all of the food in English. The food was fantastic even more so considering the very reasonable price. I will certainly be back whenever I’m in Ibiza.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Without a doubt the best restaurant in Ibiza for the value. Not on the sea front but decor was nice and not pretentious, Service was spot on, 5 course a la carte menu which is upto 3 michelin star standard inc alcoholic drinks for 35 euros..by far the best valued meal we've ever had. Couldn't recommend highly enough!

1  Thank lukeddd
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Food is amazing, prices are great, service is even better - what more is there to say?!!!!
With the prices slowly rising in ibiza, it nice to find somewhere that's cheap but the food is amazing