“Mixed feelings” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Ibiza Town
Vienne, France
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I am a bit embarrassed about writing a review of this hotel. I am not quite sure what to think of it. Had I stayed with a boyfriend or a friend I would probably review it very differently. The room are very simple to say the least. There was a leak in the toilet, mentionned it to the front desk and it was fixed.For 83€ a night for a single room I find it a bit pricy but it is high season. The staff was ok, I found the Spanish waiter very friendly. The breakfast was ok. Never went to the roof terrace so cannot comment, had a drink at the bar only once and did not find it very welcoming. A lot of Germans were there and they kept to themselves. Would I go back to the Marigna hotel ? Probably but only if I am not alone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Birmingham UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We got an early season deal last week and have just got back - if i had have read these other reviews... we would not have gone! Glad i have only read them now... that I post this…

We booked 6 days before we arrived. The price was very reasonable and we knew where the hotel was from earlier stays at The Cenit.

We arrived at the hotel at 10:00 am and were told that the room was not ready - the owner explained that the current occupant of our room had been clubbing and only arrived at 06:00…if he had not vacated by 12:00 housekeeping would eject him and clean the room... could we come back. We knew we would not be able to check in at that time so it was ok. But they dealt with our case and hand luggage separately putting it behind the desk (I appreciated that).

This is a small(ish) hotel in an excellent location, 5 minute walk to Figurettas Beach and about a 15 minute walk to Ibiza town.

The hotel is one star - basic and that was reflected in the price. However, having said that, the housekeeping was exceptional!

Yes, this is german owned and run, but ALL of the staff had excellent customer recognition, some times approaching the front desk they were there with our room key having seen us walking up to the hotel.

There were no issues with any staff regarding attitude or the other concerns raised in the other reviews so I cannot comment on those - other than to say that was not our experience.

The hotel has a roof terrace for nude sunbathing (or just to oggle some German Sausage!) There is a sauna apparently - didn't get/go there.

The continental breakfast is... as you would imagine…continental!
so expect :

powdered juice
cereal and chilled-milk in a jug
breads (most of which we don't understand)
an extensive cheese / ham / melon / tomato / pate / yogurt / salami option
hot options (Im vegetarian so only got to the pure-scrambled eggs) there were sausage, scrambled egg with ham etc

the bar staff were attentive and had personalities! even in translation (we don't speak German!) which is also not reflected in the other reviews!!!

overall a good holiday

i think it may be noisy in high season which may also pose other complaints…or compliments!!!
;-)

this is a gay hotel which also enables the use of the Cenit Terrace!!!!
A must!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank crtrwill
Brighton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Overpriced...do not go there unless you speak German otherwise you'll be treated very differently from the majority of German clients...and not a good way!!! Obnoxious staff,horrible beds,dated decoration....avoid at all cist. There are so many other places to stay in Ibiza for less

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Richardka

Travelers are raving about these Ibiza Town hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I know this a one star hotel and was not expecting anything fancy - but even this star is entirely undeserved for the intolerable rudeness of the hotel proprietor.
On checking in, I was told I had not requested something in advance which I was supposed to - when I had specially called in advance two weeks before. I was told "you should email" and "I am the owner of this hotel, and I tell you have not done this" and "you have caused us much inconvenience". Utter rudeness, to which anyone would have launched into a fist fight - but I could not muster the strength to fight back.
I hear the same complaints from other readers - and I wonder how this hotel stays in business? But clearly they are not doing well - half empty in August.
The guests they do have seem to be all German - and the owners are German so I think the only excuse could be they do not like the English!
Shame - because it could be a great little place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aussiesoho
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Ok folks this hotel is 1 star but the service is 5 and the atmosphere is 10.
I read the reviews before i arrived and expected a dump "i don't get some people who write reviews sometimes" this place is very cool.
The Hotel Marigna is run by two great German guys Rene and Michael with an incredible polite and fun staff, a heavy German clientele(all very friendly)but quite a few other european people staying there myself from London.
Room was comfortable great beds super clean and a spotless bathroom view out too the mountains and apartments.
Breakfast was a good enough choice for most folks one Sunday we had salmon very posh.
Basically i had a great time here yes is predominately gay but straight folks are welcome the bar is open 24/7 and Nico and Neil are the most fantastic staff ever.
Easy to get into Ibiza town 15 min ,a short walk to tons of great restaurants beaches supermarkets bike moped hire ferry to Formentera this part of Ibiza has everything i did not touch a Big club or venture to San Antonio in my 12 days stay so if you are looking to chill and relax this is the place to do it.
I have stayed in some of the worlds top hotels(Claridges/Dorchester) and i can honestly say service is service 1 star or 6 star i will be returning to Hotel Marigna for their custom i miss them already and Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank carlparris
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We didnt stay at this hotel but used the bar virtually every day! While the hotel was quiet as it wasnt quite in season in Ibiza, we found the staff really friendly and helpful, the terrace area is a really nice spot, the drinks are very reasonably priced espeically compared to some of the gay bars in Ibiza so couldnt really fault it to be honest. Didnt see the bedrooms but certainly enjoyed the service that we recevied.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MPW2873
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for 8 nights in early September. A time-warp me thinks, stuck in the 90's.
Very noisy, esp at 4am, with guests from other hotels sat drinking under our bedroom window.....no apologies just a "that's how it is" comment. Overwhelmingly German clients, extremely noisy and surly. At £1000 for the week..I expected more than I got....poor breakfast, nosiy air-con, shabby beds and linen..I could go on. Avoid it!

Room Tip: None on the front of the building as these are over the noist bar area