“Superb”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Fab restaurant.

We stayed at the hotel so ate at the restaurant and it was perfect and the tasting menu was not more expensive that a meal had the previous evening at a much inferior place.
While we were eating a (footballer) and possible WAG sat and ordered and included in the order a bowel of chips with cheese this was provided elegantly and without demure. Some of the more "exclusive" English eateries should learn from this degree of customer service.

The wine list is excellent and has wines to suit all pockets.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Home a way from home very romantic excellent service
Small and friendly in the heart of the old city

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Excellent sophisticated cusine (but with decent sized portions). We sat on the "terrace" which is actually outside the hotel overlooking the street which is pleasant. Great friendly service. Was surprised that this hasn't got a Michelin * yet as was better than a lot of 1*s that we've tried.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Finding the tables at El Olivo (a regular favorite in 20 years of visits) we tried the Dalt Vila next door, instead.....the dishes 'sounded' interesting, but when they came, the execution was of poor standard... decorated nicely with nice plates, but the taste... missing. My grilled lambsrack with crunchy crust was an obvious 'pinch' from Olivo's menu, and it was the first time I ever had to add salt and pepper to lamb, because the flesh was so tasteless...again, obviously deep-frozen for a long time, and not fresh from the market...
To compare, our party ordered the same lambsrack dish at Olivo's the very next day (having reserved this time), and voila, everything was there - the taste, the texture, the balance of the dish...
Ironically, the same dish was even 3 euros cheaper at Olivo's...(!)

So, end verdict for Dalt Vila - not worth it!

Reviewed April 26, 2011

The restaurant was fairly busy - (Good Friday). But we hadn't booked and got a table ok - as did many others just walking in.
Orders were taken - the wine great, bread and olive tapanard etc beautiful. Our main course arrived and were very good. Our service up until this point had been very quick and reasonably pleasant. A first spoiler was when two waiters started moving tables (which were rather large and heavy) across peoples heads etc whilst they were eating, in order to fit more people in! As there was now a couple of groups waiting for tables.
We ordered dessert, but after 35mins it still had not arrived the waiters were very busy looking after the new tables and my husband and I noted two other couples as well as us had now been left just sitting without any service at all.
My husband called a waiter over I explained we had ordred dessets and they had not arrived and he just said oh! do you want the bill? The head waiter brought the card machine to pay, I told him we had not had our desserts and he did not even answer me or look at me!
We finished our drinks and while doing so the waitress who had took our dessert order came over and said "it is my fault" I said "I know"! and that was it, no apology, and no one spoke to us as we left the restaurant!
This restaurant is pretty expensive, as a beautiful setting and I know is well reviewed on here, which is why we tried it!
The food is good but not quite as good as its neighbouring Il Giardinetto, what lets it down is the service, We felt as a couple we were not as important as them looking after the bigger groups - those that will spend more!
Good service to me makes your meal/experience!