“GREAT restaurant”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Have had 2 dinners here in June vacation. We come back every year to this restaurant in a quiet place in Old town. Its a little hidden in a corner under umbrellas and hedera plants. Swiss owned, solid high quality food and perfect, friendly, funny service.

Will be eating there again next visit to the isla....

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We'd seen the restaurant from a distance and it looked really pretty so we turned up as it was opening and got the only table that hadn't been reserved. We were welcomed with a complimentary glass of cava and all the staff were lovely and made you feel very welcome. We felt like we were eating in a little secret garden that only a few people knew about about so it felt special. The food was lovely and the atmosphere was great. A couple of people came along to play guitar and sing which was nice until I realised that they were expecting a donation when they were done which was slightly off putting because when the second guy started just as we were finishing our meal we then tried to pay our bill quickly before he finished so we wouldn't feel guilty not giving him money also. This was a small aside to a wonderful evening.

2  Thank katituna
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We booked it early afternoon and got the last table,they turned many away while we sat there. The atmosphere was romantic underneath the vines. The waiter was fun and attentive without being to familiar. The menu is big enough, and has a good choice. Four of us ate different things and all enjoyed what we chose,also the wine was reasonably priced. We would go back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

very nice restaurant in the oldtown of ibiza. You get offered a glass of cava which is very nice. Small card but very good. It is not so crowded as i.e the la oliva. So if you like romantic dinner you should try it.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The setting of La Scala, tucked away in a little corner of old town Ibiza is fabulous. Arrive before dusk and watch it transform by night into a fairy grotto (though not tacky!) sheltered by vines and lit by lanterns and candles. I have been here several times over the years and always regard this as one of the highlights of my trip. Take your time & enjoy a lazy evening enhanced by a fine menu and lovely wines. I am amazed by negative comments about rudeness!! My welcome was & always has been effusive and friendly. The owner shouted my name as I approached having checked who was due to arrive at what time - a small but very personal approach. A comprehensive and amusing run through the menu and helpful suggestions on wine choice added to the impression that our presence as a customer was important. My son is very allergic to dairy products and again help with this was very welcome when many restaurants give the impression it's a nuisance. A complimentary glass of Cava to begin is another nice touch.I had grilled prawns to start with some excellent fish for main course and a beautiful chocolate sweet. My son's Tuna was beautifully cooked. The food is lovely - it might not be the very best food you can find in Ibiza but I would struggle to find an overall experience to top this! I will be back - again!!

2  Thank tdhurst1