I would like to share my experience of the vime callao garden. I went 2 weeks ago here with my husband and two daughters aged 4 and 9. On our arrival we had to wait over an hour for our room to be ready, which was not ideal, and we struggled with one of the receptionists who spoke very little english. Our first impressions was that the complex was very spacious and our room, which was on the ground floor, was nice and roomy witha good size kitchenette. There were 4 pools which were kept clean and tidy on a daily basis and we never had to fight for sunbeds, however if you wanted to be near the main bar area then this pool was usually taken up by towels early on, but this did not bother us as we tended to situate ourselves around pool three.
The food was average and after our first 5 days things began t get boring and there was never enough of everything. The restuarant was not big enough to cater for the amount of people staying all inclusive and you found yourselve waiting for food to be brought out. At the beginning of our holiday the waiters and waiteresses would take an order for drinks and bring them to our table but this slacked off and we found ourselves queing for drinks prior to getting our food. The food was usually cold as there was not a big enough hot plate to warm everything up. The drinks however were well worth the money and everything was good quality, no watered down beer. The majority of the bar staff worked hard, George was wonderful, the bar man and nothing was too much trouble. We did find a couple of the staff rude and abrupt, rushing us at meal times to leave the tables and questioning us on how many drinks we had, we did complain to the manager about this, but seeing as he had been the person to rudley comment on my weight a few nights previous I realised we were probably wasting our time.
The animation team were fab and worked very hard, my two daughters adored Lara and Diago were very pleasant and helpful, the entertainment consisted of the usual, bird shows, mini disco, quizes, dance shows and bingo, which we were happy with and it kept the children entertained, be wary of the parrot show they go round and take photos and then charge you 10 euros, our first photo was dark and we had to complain the following week which was a task in its self, however Diago was helpful and sorted it for us, however we never got our money back! I must mention Christian the life gaurd he was fab too and worked very hard keeping the pool areas clean and helping folk wherever necessary.
Finally two days before we came home our room was broken into and money, phones, jewllery, bank cards, Playbook tablets and glasses were stolen, while we were sleeping, thinking about it now is difficult and I cannot stress enough to you all to keep safe. N0-one at the hotel battered an eye lid and basically gave us a piece of paper witha number on and said call this. We spent the next day messing around cancelling everything and arguing with reception to let us use a phone, as ours had been stolen, no-one seemed to care I actually felt like the criminal and it was a horrible feeling and place to be. Our children were very frieghtened after that and we didn't even get asked if we wanted to move. No-one came near to offer support or check on our room to make sure it was safe. Luckily for us we had made some really nice people who had a spare room on the second floor and offered us that for the next few nights.
All in all I was ready to come home maybe a good resort for 7 days but anythink more and you start togo a bit stir crazy. The managers and receptionists were very un helpful at times and after our robbery I was disappointed with their reaction and lack of empathy, I just couldn't treat someone in that way, I felt it was very unprofessional and let the hotel down. We will definatley not be going back and probably not fly to Tenerife again after our poor experience. Shame !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the southeast of the island of Tenerife, in the Callao Salvaje residential area, the Blue Sea Apartamentos Callao Garden complex offers a mixture of nature, a holiday atmosphere and all important relaxation. At the main restaurant our visitors can enjoy a daily changing buffet featuring local cuisine depending on the season. The restaurant is located around our three main central swimming pools. We also have another pool with a solarium, separate from the common areas of the complex, for guests who prefer to enjoy the sun in a more private setting. The apartments are fully equipped with all kinds of kitchenware for those who want to take culinary matters into their own hands. A deposit of 60€ will have to be paid on arrival, and will be returned on departure. The complex is not recommended for persons with reduced mobility(PRM). Pets up to 6 kg are allowed. A deposit of €30 will be charged on arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Sea Callao Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vime Callao Garden Hotel Callao Salvaje
- Vime Callao Garden Salvaje
- Callao Garden Tenerife
- Blue Sea Callao Garden Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands