“Not bad for a cheap getaway, however we got robbed.”

Blue Sea Callao Garden
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Callao Salvaje
mansfield nottingham
“Not bad for a cheap getaway, however we got robbed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I would like to share my experience of the vime callao garden. I went 2 weeks ago here with my husband and two daughters aged 4 and 9. On our arrival we had to wait over an hour for our room to be ready, which was not ideal, and we struggled with one of the receptionists who spoke very little english. Our first impressions was that the complex was very spacious and our room, which was on the ground floor, was nice and roomy witha good size kitchenette. There were 4 pools which were kept clean and tidy on a daily basis and we never had to fight for sunbeds, however if you wanted to be near the main bar area then this pool was usually taken up by towels early on, but this did not bother us as we tended to situate ourselves around pool three.

The food was average and after our first 5 days things began t get boring and there was never enough of everything. The restuarant was not big enough to cater for the amount of people staying all inclusive and you found yourselve waiting for food to be brought out. At the beginning of our holiday the waiters and waiteresses would take an order for drinks and bring them to our table but this slacked off and we found ourselves queing for drinks prior to getting our food. The food was usually cold as there was not a big enough hot plate to warm everything up. The drinks however were well worth the money and everything was good quality, no watered down beer. The majority of the bar staff worked hard, George was wonderful, the bar man and nothing was too much trouble. We did find a couple of the staff rude and abrupt, rushing us at meal times to leave the tables and questioning us on how many drinks we had, we did complain to the manager about this, but seeing as he had been the person to rudley comment on my weight a few nights previous I realised we were probably wasting our time.

The animation team were fab and worked very hard, my two daughters adored Lara and Diago were very pleasant and helpful, the entertainment consisted of the usual, bird shows, mini disco, quizes, dance shows and bingo, which we were happy with and it kept the children entertained, be wary of the parrot show they go round and take photos and then charge you 10 euros, our first photo was dark and we had to complain the following week which was a task in its self, however Diago was helpful and sorted it for us, however we never got our money back! I must mention Christian the life gaurd he was fab too and worked very hard keeping the pool areas clean and helping folk wherever necessary.

Finally two days before we came home our room was broken into and money, phones, jewllery, bank cards, Playbook tablets and glasses were stolen, while we were sleeping, thinking about it now is difficult and I cannot stress enough to you all to keep safe. N0-one at the hotel battered an eye lid and basically gave us a piece of paper witha number on and said call this. We spent the next day messing around cancelling everything and arguing with reception to let us use a phone, as ours had been stolen, no-one seemed to care I actually felt like the criminal and it was a horrible feeling and place to be. Our children were very frieghtened after that and we didn't even get asked if we wanted to move. No-one came near to offer support or check on our room to make sure it was safe. Luckily for us we had made some really nice people who had a spare room on the second floor and offered us that for the next few nights.

All in all I was ready to come home maybe a good resort for 7 days but anythink more and you start togo a bit stir crazy. The managers and receptionists were very un helpful at times and after our robbery I was disappointed with their reaction and lack of empathy, I just couldn't treat someone in that way, I felt it was very unprofessional and let the hotel down. We will definatley not be going back and probably not fly to Tenerife again after our poor experience. Shame !!!

Room Tip: Do not have an apartment on the ground floor ideal suspects for theives
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank ellafern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Would go back,only problem was I did my back before we went and its not a place for the less mobile. But we could see its a very nice place but a lot of steps.The apartment was huge and 5* ,very clean.We went AL the food was about 3* always could find something to eat,some times a bit cold so you put it in the microwave to heat it up.beach not one ! A very good bus service.we didn't take kids and it has nothing for children.Perfect for couples wanting a quiet holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Arrival at airport : Pay the extra for a private taxi or you will be the last to be dropped off by coach.
Arrival at hotel: quick friendly check in, dropped our bags in the luggage hold so we could grab supper before finding our rooms, Resturant closed at 21:30 not 22:00. We were able to purchase water at reception after 21:30.
Room: after dragging our cases up and down many many stairs we finally founds our room which in the dark wasn't easy lol. We had 2 apartments for our group which included a 3 year old and a 10 year old and both were spacious, clean, well equipped with a massive balcony with a view of the sea. I recommend asking for a room on the 3rd floor for the sea view.
Tip: bring a portable DVD player for the kids so you can avoid paying 1 euro an hour to watch the news or kids channel in Spanish.
Local town: 2 minute walk to town centre with supermarkets, restaurants, bars, chemist and Tony's tickets for your trips. What a lovely, friendly town with a massive choice for eating.
Recommend: Chinese/Indian buffet, the steakhouse with the red sign, or romantica, amazing food avid service was exceptional.
Buzzing bar for breakfast, yum.
Beach: 3 euros for the sun lounger but this includes service for drinks and food brought to you do worth it. It's shingle as this is a man made beach so wear those surf shoes and you will be fine. Only 1 minute from hotel.
All Inclusuve: not really worth it, food was not bad but not great really but at least there was lots of choice. We ended up out for eating most mornings and nights and bought food in from the local supermarket. Only one bar was open the whole time we were there which was so disappointing as we were in an apartment at the furthest away pool so a right trek when we wanted a drink. Slush puppies are not included in A1 which was ridiculous coz that's what all the kids wanted and no A1 snacks. Fill your bag with extra ice cream during meal times and quickly store them in the freezer in the apartment.
Sunbeds: no sunbeds ever available at the main pool where the entertainment was.
Bus service and taxis 2 minutes from hotel as well as a Santander.

Entertainment: same mix of songs at the mini disco but the kids loved it so who cares. Animal shows which cost 10 euros for a pic with the animals. Fantastically cheesy cabaret, and a good quiz which we all enjoyed.
I recommend this place but definitely not as all inclusive. Cheaper to buy your own drink for next to the pool and to eat in the town.
Over all we all loved our holiday and would consider returning if they opened up the other bars.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Carolibe
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Myself and my partner came here mid August, I had read the reviews before hand and I started to worry after seeing the amount of bad ones. I really wanted to go and come home and say not to believe the bad reviews, this certainly won't be happening. We wanted a quiet holiday and booked a hotel out of the usual busy places. The hotel is in a nice place, supermarkets at the bottom of the hill, beach a small walk away, taxi only 15 euros to Adeje,.

We arrived about 8pm, got checked in, got our map and key and set off trying to find our room, in the end I wish I'd never found it. As soon as we opened the door we could smell damp, it was disgusting, going into the bedroom we seen where the mould had been cleaned off the walls and roof. The bathroom smelt of peroxide, absolutely horrendous. We went to the reception to complain and ask for a new room, we were then told they were full. I asked her to come and smell and she responded by saying its ok I believe you. Only when her colleague came in at 11pm they managed to magically find an empty room in a full hotel. Once again we got our key and map and headed off again. Lots of steps later we found it. I don't know if it was our bad luck to get two bad rooms or if other people are used to living in this sort of hotel as I see people say the cleanliness is great. I beg to differ, I have uploaded photos showing just how disgusting it was. I have stayed in plenty of 3 star hotels, this most certainly isn't one. The balcony was good size, crawling with ants though, lovely!! Went to bed as we were so tired, got up in the morning to find tiny insects crawling all over the suitcases, went to reception got a technician to come with bug spray, didn't help, went to shop and got bleach and bug spray to do ourselves. The cupboards full of dead beasties, the wardrobes in the bedroom can only be described as smelling like a urinal at a festival. We lived out of our cases for 2 weeks. Mouldy pics on wall, cobwebs under the chair. It was just awful. We decided to spend as little time in our room as possible. Yuck!!

The pools all good, clean, always got a subbed. However one pool made bleached hair go green, not a great look. Entertainment was ok, mini disco for kids, same cd every single night, some good shows other laughable at how crap they were. The had a rock band and a foam party mid afternoon, would've been much better at night, good all the same.

All the staff are friendly, helpful and usually happy enough. We were all inclusive, drinks good, food terrible. Snacks aren't included, once again I've never stayed at an all inclusive hotel where snacks aren't included. In the restaurant the food just wasn't great, yes you didn't come away hungry but you would hardly come away satisfied either. I lived on soups and bread rolls for near 2 weeks. Breakfast really not great, lunch and supper edible but awful all the same. Fruit always available, puddings the same as the rest, not good. I see other reviews say if you want 5 start food pay the 5 star prices, I don't expect 5 star food at a 3 star hotel, however I don't expect little more than 2 star food at a 3 star hotel. The food really lets this place down. The best food we had was when we had days into Adeje and days to the Siam park.

No matter where you go in this hotel you can't get away from steep hills and steps. All in all between the food and all the walking I dropped a dress size. One good thing to come of it.

I would not recommend this hotel, if you've booked already I hope you manage to make the best of it and have a better experience than us, if your thinking of booking this hotel......DON'T!! You get more for your money elsewhere!!!

Thank you for reading.

Room Tip: Book another hotel....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ljg34cc

Travelers are raving about these Callao Salvaje hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel on 21st August with my husband and two children (15 & 12 yrs). We stayed for 10 nights. The first impressions of the hotel were good. The food could have been better. The animation team were excellent and couldn't do enough to make you feel welcome and keep you entertained. As the days went on we noticed a considerable improvement in the hotel as a new manager has recently been employed there. The food also improved as the days went on. I would have given the hotel a 4 star if there was more variety of food and if there was more lighting and nice decor around the hotel at night. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and thought the holiday was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
Las Piramides
Las Piramides
#53 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
3.0 of 5 bubbles 2,785 reviews

Been to Blue Sea Callao Garden? Share your experiences!