This is an aparthotel and so there is a small kitchen,and sitting area in addition to the bedroom, toilet, and balcony. The kitchen was well equipped (micro, full cooker, coffee maker, blender etc) and the flat screen tv had a good selection of UK channels. The bed was comfortable (two singles pushed together). The furnishings were 'tired' but functional although I wouldn't have wanted to sleep on the bed settee. Cleaning is regular with linen changed twice per week, but the kitchen area is not cleaned although rubbish is removed and the floor is washed.The breakfast is buffet style and the selection excellent. There is fresh fruit, yoghurt, breads, pastries, donuts, cheeses, cold meats, and plenty of hot food (bacon, egg, sausages, mushrooms, beans etc). I loved the fried eggs - clearly very fresh with creamy orange yolks. The lunch time and evening food was very good if you choose to eat here (but there are at least 17 restaurants in Callao Salvaje) There is entertainment most evenings (some much better than others) and activities during the day on five of the days. There are two pools, a children's play area, outdoor fitness equipment, tennis court, squash courts, table tennis, pool, boules, and machine games. Only negative is the sun beds which don't have adjustable backs and many have seen better days. The best thing about the Tropical Park is the staff. They are helpful, friendly, and hard working.I don't know why this hotel has a 2 star rating - it definitely deserves more (but I never do understand the rating system which seems to be more to do with appearance rather than substance)«
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful resort is situated in the heart of Callao Salvaje in the South of Tenerife. Tropical Park has rapidly earned the reputation of being one of the best Resorts in the area. The resort has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its guest rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction and comfort. The complex was built in 1988, and renovated in 2013. Resort has 163 apartments with a views to Atlantic ocean or a swimming pools. The holiday resort Tropical Park is particularly designed for couples, friends and families; it offers a lot of equipment and services to meet the needs of the kids. The complex is about 100m. Away from the Playa Ajabo , and less than 500m. Away from the bars, restaurants, shops, and banks. Tropical Park restaurant has a big variety of high quality food selections. Help yourself to a wide variety of choices for breakfast, and dinner buffets, also dinner " A la Carta ". Our entertainers will take care of entertainment for adults and children offering a range of both sporting activities and leisure (participation games) during the daytime and evenings. The nights are enlivened with performances for all ages, contests and live music to dance a variety of styles. For our guest we have a WIFi conection, open - air gym, sauna, jacuzzi, tennis court, squash courts, also petanque court, two swimming pools and massage service. Our professional and friendly team is highly motivated to offer the best service for the Tropical Park guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Otel, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tropical Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Park Callao Salvaje
- Tropical Park Hotel Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands