As this was my first time in Tenerife, I can only be in awe of the amazing value of this hotel and the jaw-dropping natural beauty surrounding it. Our rooms were spacious, immaculate, tastefully furnished with a little kitchen and everything necessary for a simple and pleasant holiday (right down to the corkscrew, quite handy). Rooms were cleaned daily by the friendly staff and there were activities such as archery for those more inclined to hang about the hotel. Being among the younger guests (in our mid 30s!), we didn't stay in much, but took full advantage of the nearby extremely quiet black sand beach and stunning cliffs and landscapes. The lava-studded rocks make for amazing natural climbing walls and we filled two days happily with just clambering around over this weird, volcanic, alien landscape with the blue waves crashing below. For a longer holiday, I can see there might not be much more to do without moving to the nearby towns, but to enjoy nature in relative solitude for a short cheap break that manages to feel like a 4-star experience, I don't think we could have done better. There's at least one beach with brought-in white sand within walking distance (if you are reasonably fit - 30 min with hills) so you can appreciate the natural or the more comfortable beach setting as you prefer. The breakfast is basic but plentiful. My only critique is the wi-fi; I paid ten euros for a three day pass which often simply didn't work at all so that I had to run to a nearby internet cafe a few times. But still overall very very pleased with this experience and consider the hotel a superb value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful resort is situated in the heart of Callao Salvaje in the South of Tenerife. Tropical Park has rapidly earned the reputation of being one of the best Resorts in the area. The resort has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its guest rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction and comfort. The complex was built in 1988, and renovated in 2013. Resort has 163 apartments with a views to Atlantic ocean or a swimming pools. The holiday resort Tropical Park is particularly designed for couples, friends and families; it offers a lot of equipment and services to meet the needs of the kids. The complex is about 100m. Away from the Playa Ajabo , and less than 500m. Away from the bars, restaurants, shops, and banks. Tropical Park restaurant has a big variety of high quality food selections. Help yourself to a wide variety of choices for breakfast, and dinner buffets, also dinner " A la Carta ". Our entertainers will take care of entertainment for adults and children offering a range of both sporting activities and leisure (participation games) during the daytime and evenings. The nights are enlivened with performances for all ages, contests and live music to dance a variety of styles. For our guest we have a WIFi conection, open - air gym, sauna, jacuzzi, tennis court, squash courts, also petanque court, two swimming pools and massage service. Our professional and friendly team is highly motivated to offer the best service for the Tropical Park guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Apartamentos Tropical Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Park Callao Salvaje
- Apartamentos Tropical Park Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands