We enjoyed our recent stay at Tropical park.
We had a one bedroom apartment with a sofa bed in the living room. The apartment was spacious, well equipped, very clean and well decorated, there were even ornaments. Lighting was good and the curtains also had a blackout lining if you didn't want to be wakened by the sun. The kitchen was well equipped, and included a kettle and toaster, the TV however didn't have any British channels, but did have CNN news.The apartments had a large balcony overlooking the pools/gardens which had great sunshine in the morning. In winter, apartments with even numbers seemed to get longer sunshine, apartments with odd numbers could see the evening entertainment (mixed quality!) from their balconies. There was also entertainment during the day including yoga, archery and even scuba. We were on a low floor and water trickled down the plumbing, a bit like the amazon rain forest in the morning, but unless you are very sensitive to things like this the good points about the apartments will compensate for this.
Callao Salvaje is a small resort, about 40 mins from the airport by car and less than 20 mins to Playa de las Americas. There is an incomplete building at the back of the apartments (no work underway when we were there) which means there is a lot of car parking available near the apartment. There is also a bus stop near the apartments. There are a choice of supermarkets and reasonably priced bars and restaurants in Callao Salvaje, There is a cove with a 'beach' of stones and black sand.
Overall I was very pleased with these apartments, with a car it was easy to access the main roads and travel around the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful resort is situated in the heart of Callao Salvaje in the South of Tenerife. Tropical Park has rapidly earned the reputation of being one of the best Resorts in the area. The resort has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its guest rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction and comfort. The complex was built in 1988, and renovated in 2013. Resort has 163 apartments with a views to Atlantic ocean or a swimming pools. The holiday resort Tropical Park is particularly designed for couples, friends and families; it offers a lot of equipment and services to meet the needs of the kids. The complex is about 100m. Away from the Playa Ajabo , and less than 500m. Away from the bars, restaurants, shops, and banks. Tropical Park restaurant has a big variety of high quality food selections. Help yourself to a wide variety of choices for breakfast, and dinner buffets, also dinner " A la Carta ". Our entertainers will take care of entertainment for adults and children offering a range of both sporting activities and leisure (participation games) during the daytime and evenings. The nights are enlivened with performances for all ages, contests and live music to dance a variety of styles. For our guest we have a WIFi conection, open - air gym, sauna, jacuzzi, tennis court, squash courts, also petanque court, two swimming pools and massage service. Our professional and friendly team is highly motivated to offer the best service for the Tropical Park guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Apartamentos Tropical Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Park Callao Salvaje
- Apartamentos Tropical Park Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands