I booked Tropical Park for a week as an extra holiday after booking a cheap flight to Tenerife. I had stayed there about 15 years before and was slightly concerned at some of the reviews
I needn't have worried. The apartment was spacious, had good views of the sea, from a large balcony. It was spotless and cleaners came in five days during the week. The apartment is quite equipped.
There is an open plan lounge and kitchen area. As other reviewers have said, it had an old tv with few channels but this didn't bother me. The sofa bed and easy chairs were a bit past it but due to excellent weather, I used balcony much more than the lounge area.
The reception staff were courteous. I complained about the vacuuming of the pool area during late morning. This is very loud, an industrial cleaner and everyone was unhappy about it. After a bit of discussion, the maintenance manager reluctantly stopped it and rearranged the cleaning for a time when the pool was mot in use.
Both pools are clean and maintained daily. There were plenty of sunbeds. It was fairly quiet when I was there.
I only ate lunch a couple of times there, so couldn't really comment much on the food but what I had was fine. It's not gourmet food!
I really enjoyed my stayat Tropical Park and decided to extend my stay for a second week. Callao Salvaje is a quiet resort, which suited me. The new beach opened while I was there and looks pretty good.
I would certainly be happy to return to Tropical Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful resort is situated in the heart of Callao Salvaje in the South of Tenerife. Tropical Park has rapidly earned the reputation of being one of the best Resorts in the area. The resort has taken care of everything down to the very finest detail in each of its guest rooms, creating a personalised setting to ensure your total satisfaction and comfort. The complex was built in 1988, and renovated in 2013. Resort has 163 apartments with a views to Atlantic ocean or a swimming pools. The holiday resort Tropical Park is particularly designed for couples, friends and families; it offers a lot of equipment and services to meet the needs of the kids. The complex is about 100m. Away from the Playa Ajabo , and less than 500m. Away from the bars, restaurants, shops, and banks. Tropical Park restaurant has a big variety of high quality food selections. Help yourself to a wide variety of choices for breakfast, and dinner buffets, also dinner " A la Carta ". Our entertainers will take care of entertainment for adults and children offering a range of both sporting activities and leisure (participation games) during the daytime and evenings. The nights are enlivened with performances for all ages, contests and live music to dance a variety of styles. For our guest we have a WIFi conection, open - air gym, sauna, jacuzzi, tennis court, squash courts, also petanque court, two swimming pools and massage service. Our professional and friendly team is highly motivated to offer the best service for the Tropical Park guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropical Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Park Callao Salvaje
- Tropical Park Hotel Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands