“Fresh and delicious”
Review of El Ancla

El Ancla
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: El Ancla is the best restaurant in Tenerife. A relaxing, welcoming atmosphere and great views of the beach Ajabo to seduce all of your senses. An evening full of flavors accompanied of our house wine from La Rioja. We invite you to stop by our restaurant, located in the quiet area Callao Salvaje (Adeje).
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We ate there this week and I must say my 1/2 grilled chicken was superb. My partner had the sirlion steak and that was also fantastic. Highly recommended.

2  Thank DaleCallow

Reviewed May 14, 2013

For anyone who knows Tenerife, Callao Salvaje is a sleepy little place in comparison to the hustle and bustle of Los Cristianos and Las Americas. So what a surprsie to find such a delightful little restaurant right her.
With amazing views overlooking the cliffs the menu was varied - with fresh fish a speciality.
I went for the steak and it was magnificent! My dining partners went for the prawns and they too were delicous.
Pricing is slighly higher than the local restaurants - but it's quality that counts. Great service adds up to a lovely night out.

2  Thank PeterGable
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I thought that we had eaten in La Bodega, and next door was El Ancla Tapas Restaurant which was closed when we were there in March. It gets more confusing when the bill shows El Ancla and the Credit card receipt shows La Bodega. Anyway the restaurant that we ate at was the rustic little place on the corner with the outside terrace looking out to the beach and the sea.
I had the whole seabass which was excellent and my wife had the grilled salmon which was the biggest portion of salmon I have seen in a restaurant, and it was also excellent. The seabass was euros 17.00 and the salmon was euros £15.00. As I try to avoid too much carbs I had salad and veg with my dish which both very good and I had a try at the sauteed potatoes that my wife had and they had been cooked with onions and were delicious.
Slightly more expensive than most of the restaurants around, but good food.

3  Thank Ledgie1
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been visiting Calleo Salvaje for over 20 years as we have a timeshare villa at Sueno Azul. Although we have visited this restaurant before we were pleasantly surprised by the upgrade that has taken place at El Ancla since our last visit a couple of years ago. It has been made a lot smarter than we remember and the food, which was always good, is now even better.
We both had the sea bass and it was excellent, perfectly cooked and served with a nice selection of vegetables. We had the lemon sorbet (laced with vodka) for desert and this was also excellent. The young waitress was friendly and spoke very good English and was attentive without being too obtrusive. A very enjoyable meal and although the prices are a little above the average for this area it was very good value.

2  Thank Chis104
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Don't be put off by the modest appearance of this restaurant. We went there twice towards the end of a week's holiday and wish we had gone more often. The sea bass was first class, with an excellent sauce that complimented the fish well. We both thought that the fillet steak medallions in a truffle and armagnac sauce was the best steak we had ever tasted. It melted in the mouth. The Santiago Tart was good, with accompanying slices of fresh fruit of the highest quality. The friendly, cheerful waitress was most helpful and attentive. She spoke excellent English.

2  Thank Kim A