My family have stayed at Wimpen's Sueno Azul many times so thought I'd write a review to say what a lovely holiday destination this is.
The well equipped villas have their own little gardens complete with BBQ and sun loungers for those not wishing to sit at the gorgeous pool. Table and chairs under a lovely wooden gazebo is the perfect place to kick back and relax . Well maintained colourful hedges provide privacy between villas.
Inside the villas the main bedroom is kept cool with patio doors which lead to the terrace area. If you find the bedroom too hot there is a large floor standing fan. Ample storage with double wardrobes and a large chest of drawers gives plenty of room to unpack. A lovely en suite with bath and shower.
The open plan lounge dining kitchen is bright and spacious with a fan above the dining room table to keep diners cool and help air circulate throughout the villa.The kitchen is well equipped for holiday makers keen to cook.
There is a further two bedrooms , one with bunk beds, large ceiling fan and ample storage and a twin bedroom again with ceiling fan and ample storage. There is a second shower room which has a washing machine. This has been a life saver when traveling with young children!
The pool area is beautiful . The perfect place to relax. It is more than big enough to accommodate guests , I have never had any problems with getting a seat beside the pool. There is a small play area for kids wishing to play pool etc. Recently a new chill out area has been installed which is lovely to sit in with a G and T from Ian and Jackie at the pool bar.
Finally, a bit about the staff. Always warm and welcoming and ready to help if you need it. Also the villas are kept beautifully clean and well maintained by conscientious staff.
All in all a lovely holiday destination
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A self-contained village style resort, Sueno Azul, or "Blue Dream", is situated half way between Los Gigantes and Playa de las Americas. Only 16 miles from the airport, it provides an ideal base for a perfect holiday.The accommodation consists of beautifully furnished individual villas, sleeping up to six persons. Sueno Azul is totally dedicated to family relaxation and enjoyment. The villas have a superb range of furnishings including satellite television and barbecue sets on the terrace. Or if you prefer to eat out there's a wide choice of bars and restaurants in the nearby town of Callao Salvaje, where there are also supermarkets and shops.Swimming pool/childrens pool and play area, snack bar/restaurants at Resort - safes available to rent - baby sitting service.Evenings can be enjoyed at Sueno Azul's poolside bar, relaxing with a cool drink under warm skies, watching the satellite television in your villa, or if you prefer a little more excitement, nearby hotels provide evening cabaret entertainment and discos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ona Sueno Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wimpen Sueno-Azul Hotel Callao Salvaje
- Ona Sueno Azul Tenerife/Callao Salvaje, Canary Islands