“Staff,food and reception fantastic, the rooms however leave a lot to be desired.”

Apartments Arcos Playa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for a week in August the location was fantastic only 2 minutes from the beach, as were the staff and the food. The reception area of the hotel was lovely, the rooms however leave a lot to be desired. There was no air conditioning and the sheets weren't cleaned for 7 days. Very basic no hair dryer as advertised unless you pay a fee of €12, no TV in the room and the bath was disgusting. We opened the wooden shutters in the bedroom only to find a brick wall behind. The rooms were a major let down in what would of been a fantastic hotel. I wouldn't stay here again.

There are newer reviews for Apartments Arcos Playa

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had read the bad reviews for these apts before I arrived and I was worried well this is my last day of a two week stay and I can honestly say I have had a great time we will definitely be back. I will list what has had bad reviews previously and what I think. Apartment basic but comfortable. pool is 7 foot at deep end but also has a shallower end there is also baby pool. As in all pools different parts get really hot depending on time of day not all shaded as some reviewers have said. As for Toni who everyone says is grumpy what rubbish he is hilarious yes after doing a 12 hr shift then 5 hrs sleep who would not be a bit grumpy at 9 am but as you hear him and get to know him he is one of the funniest people I have met. Danny, Valeria and Laura are also lovely and friendly. they all make you feel welcome. My 18yr old daughter and her friend 18 yr old would tell u this also. The bar staff are also very responsible telling them when they have had enough to drink. The only neg I would say are buy ur own toilet roll and u will prob have to bring ur own larger towels if u r of a larger build. u can get a fan for 15 euros a week also u can hire a microwave. I have stayed at playa Moreia twice but I can honestly say I have enjoyed here much better and have been made to feel very welcome a great place to stay for anyone. and it's really hot just now.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

These apartments are very basic,but are also very cheap. I have nothing bad to say about the staff they were all fab,especially Tony,his bingo was very amusing!! We had breakfast every morning which was always great. We didn't use the pool as it looked very small and full of inflatables,but we chose this holiday for the beach which was lovely and really close to the apartments. There are plenty of lovely restaurants and lots of shops,there was a small market on Saturday evening. We aslo went on a glass bottomed cat to Cala rajada to their market which was really big.We had a really greatw eek and would defiantly return to this lovely town .

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked 5 nights here and arrived at 2am very tired and shown to our room which had no lifts, not an issue if you are for and able!

The rooms were bigger than we expected with a seperate bedroom and a living room/kitchen with a a balcony. One evening we cooked pasta in our room and everything was there to make it.

One really annoying this is the towels: with only about 40 sunbeds you have to be up and ready to put your towels down at well before 10am peak time, if not come down after 4 and go to the beach before. The sun doesn't even reach the pool properly until gone midday!! The pool is very small and only really for kids and you will be lucky if you don't manage I get soaked from people jumping in!

Bar staff were polite. You get exactly what you pay for and if you are looking for a cheap place to stay with close proximity to the beach, this is place for you!

1  Thank Lozziefon
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have book our holiday this year looking for something cheap but still within 'sunny days'. We found this hotel as self-catering, which we were looking for. We came back today morning and must say I was quite surprised with the holiday we had :) After reading some of the reviews I was set to get to the hotel, which is scruffy and no-one will speak english. Could not be more wrong. Staff spoke english - everyone, place is OK you get a nice, big apartment, kitchen has a fridge, cooker even a toaster (we did not get any of that in one of the Ibiza hotels). It is also very very cheap! Was surprised as to how cheap it is. Must say it is a good holiday for anyone who want to have some peace rather than be in a busy place full of faces you know (may as well be your neighbor). No need for any deposit on arrival so was also quite happy that we had more money to ourselves rather than having to leave 100 euro on arrival like we did in Benidorm. Pints were 2 euro, desperados 2.50 Really really cheap. Bingo and quiz on every evening. Staff is trying hard to make everyone welcome and get some fun in the evenings. We even had Mr and Mrs Arcos competition alongside exotic animal show. Would not recommend to someone who's outgoing and likes a lot of bars and places to go, because like mentioned before it's more chilled out rather than "Benidorm busy".

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mags1991
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved it! This hotel is in a perfect location. 2 mins from the beach & shops. We stayed self catering, 2 families & they put us next to each other which was fab. Some of the rooms are literally across the road from the hotel. Great size & a separate bedroom. Spacious too. fridge, hob, toaster & kettle. The only slight disappointment was you have to hire in a TV & microwave not that we missed either. The pool is small & not somewhere we would choose to spend our day + you'll be lucky to get a bed that are filled with towels & no people! however the kids loved their dip at the end of each day. The bar staff are friendly & helpful. The main reception staff I have to say we're so helpful & polite. Would I come back here YES! It's unbelievable value for money & we absolutely love Sillot.

2  Thank Nicci R
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at the apartments at the beginning of August. The accommodation was spacious, clean and perfect for a family. Our two boys enjoyed easy access to the pool, bar area, the fair across the road and the beech 2 minutes away. What more can you ask for?

The staff were very friendly - no sign of the grumpy treatment some have mentioned. We were looked after and any questions dealt with in a really friendly way. Of course, Danny behind the bar is a real star and is a great host.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun family holiday, nothing fancy, but perfect for a relax in the sun in a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family