We stayed at the Hotel from 16/8/2013 to 24/8/2013. Had a surprise when we arrived at 24.30 to find food available for those who had arrived late which was welcomed and the beach full of people as it was Festival week which we were not aware of on booking. The hotel is right on the beach which was brilliant, quite a selection of food although sometimes on the cool side, there was enough choice for our party of 4, even though one can't eat dairy or tomatoes and the other prefers vegetarian. We chose to eat in the bottom bar as it was more relaxed and cooler than the main restaurant. I would agree with a previous review that although the waitresses and waiters were efficient, some could do with a few more smiles, but maybe its been a long season. We initially had one of the rooms with no balcony and with air conditioning that was not effective. On asking about this at reception a hotel workman came the next day telling us that it was 23 degrees on cool and he could not mend it. On returning to the reception to see what could be done about this, a male receptionist with black hair asked if my query was urgent, as he was eating his dinner and to come back when the head receptionist was in but that wouldn't be for a couple of days. Not the reception I was expecting so went back the next day and spoke to two female receptionists who were very pleasant and helpful. Eventually we were moved to a room with a balcony and working air conditioning. Great area for snorkelling and if you walk round the coast at the back of the hotel, you will come to a small bay of rocks which is great with plenty of fish to see in waters you can stand up in, although the best time to get there to beat the crowds is around 15.30. Spent the days relaxing and swimming. Tried to visit the Caves of Drach but on arriving at 11.30 the 12 noon slot was full and the next would be 13.00 so we decided to go to the beach at Porto Cristo as it was so hot and there were so many people. Lovely waters and beach and more up-market that S'Illot. Leather handbags for 20 euros! Bargain! Great holiday if you take it as it comes, it is a 3 star but plenty of food and drink, clean rooms, sunshine and warm sea so we could not have asked for more from a last minute holiday, for what we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalonia Colombo Hotel is located in S’Illot, one of the most beautiful parts of Manacor. It is situated on the seafront in Cala Moreia. In 2002, this gently sloping beach of fine sand was awarded the blue flag label in recognition of its high standards of quality. The Colombo Hotel was refurbished in 2002. It enjoys a unique environment with fantastic views and features a variety of facilities for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, bedfinder AG and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Colombo Hotel s`Illot
- Catalonia Colombo s Illot
- Catalonia Colombo Majorca, Spain