“had a lovely hoilday”
Review of Playa Blanca Hotel

Playa Blanca Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in S'illot
Reviewed September 15, 2013

we have just returned after a week in this hotel.After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried. I can say that we had a lovely time. the only down side is that the breakfast not hot. we would go to s/illot again and if you want to have a lovely english breakfast then go to a pub called the red lion.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Playa Blanca Hotel

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I, 18 years old, came to stay at the Hotel Playa Blanca a few days ago, and after thoroughly reading previous reviews, we were a bit sceptical of what to expect.
We arrived around 3am by coach, and although the man in reception seemed friendly and smiled a lot, he didn't seem to understand English very well, and he was quite slow to serve the group in front of us, so we only got shown to our room in the Annex around 3.45am.
The room was extremely basic, which was fine for us as we weren't planning to spend much time there apart from change and sleep. The maids were good for us, as we always had a nicely made bed, fresh towels, and an empty bin after she had visited. However, the main issue we had which would prevent us from coming back is the paper thin walls. You could hear absolutely everything going on in the neighbouring rooms and balconies - at 5am one night, our neighbours on each side decided to have a lengthy conversation across our balcony, which meant we were kept awake for over an hour. We also had constantly crying babies either side of us - it was as if they were there in the room with us, therefore, I would strongly advise anyone visiting to take a pair of ear plugs.
At breakfast and dinner, we found the food to be satisfactory. There was quite a large variety, which meant we never struggled finding something to eat, and some of the meals were actually very tasty. The only things we would comment on is the lack of drink at dinner time for guests who weren't 'all inclusive', and also the fact that you had to get there early to get the best food otherwise food had cooled down significantly. Otherwise, we were pleasantly surprised with the food.
After reading previous reviews, we were unsure of what to make of the swimming pool, and so we didn't spend any time there - however, the pool looked a good size, and it was always crowded with holidaymakers from early morning til late evening so it can't have been as bad as people say on here.
We managed to find the indoor pool, which also was of a good size and looked clean - however the lack of lighting made it look like a scene out of a horror movie, otherwise we would have definitely wanted to swim in there. The 'gym' consisted of a few old and dusty pieces of gym equipment, and a suspicious looking puddle in the middle of the room, which said to us that it wasn't very well maintained.
The location of the hotel was great, as it was less than a 5 minute walk from the local shops and beaches, where we spent most of our time. My boyfriend and I actually spent very little time in the hotel as we were always out, so we found it a very good base for dropping in. In our view, the hotel is extremely good value for holidaymakers who simply use the hotel for location, as opposed to using the hotel for its facilities. Despite the thin walls and crying babies, we had a fantastic holiday as we always kept ourselves occupied with things to do around the local area. For two young adults, the hotel was cheap and cheerful, which is exactly what we were looking for - however, if we had had more money when booking the holiday, we would've probably opted for a hotel with a bit more luxury, as what you pay for is definitely what you get here!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were put in room 111 in the annexe,(used to be the Bella Vista) facing the road. I did ask for a room in the main hotrel but was told they were full. Room very basic, No shower curtain but no fitting for one so (never had one!!). Shower head was grotty so let it run before using( didn't want legionairres!!) . Floor was very dusty so when you walked out of the bathroom your feet were soon dirty again. Noise from the road was ok ( I wore ear plugs at night). The bigger problem were the coaches whose passengers were level with our balcony. Now to the food, Very basic, same thing every breakfast (no cereal), Toasters that were only for use in a small domestic kitchen, coffee machines that never gave the same drink twice, food only warm (not hot enough really) variety very simple, on the plus side we did get a choice of fresh fruit most lunch times. Drinks in the bar were ok, we drink whiskey and they were always very strong. Pool was ok, S'illot and Sa Coma are lovely places but if I came again I would pay more for a bit more luxury.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is an honest review, it's not as bad as the reviews say it is. We went expecting the worst! Arrived for a long weekend with the girls, on arrival we were allocated the annex room for 3 people. Room was basic but clean with a big balcony. No frills and that was what we wanted. Reception man was polite and spoke adequate English. Pool was nice enough and no problems getting sun beds, nice and relaxing. First night there we went for karaoke and had a few drinks and our phones got stolen from our table outside, we are convinced it was the bar man/ lifeguard/man who is always there (we know it was him as he was very sneaky) met some really nice people staying there and had a lovely time otherwise, beach and surrounding resort was lovely. Would go back and would suggest to other girls/lads holidays although food was a bit crap so would not stay for longer than a few days, and would not take any expensive phones or cameras next time!

Room Tip: Annex rooms were big and had large balcony
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natalia H
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Ok...Let's start.When we arrived at this hotel we knew we should not expect luxury.But excuse me,at least some clean bloody rooms.I don"t know how the main hotel is,but they put us in the annexe,and our room was nightmare.first of all,shower looking disgusting,rusty,toilet as well a bit dirty,mirrors with fingerprints on them and oily,dust,they never wiped out the dust,the furniture nightmare,we even covered the wardrobe with a bed cover because i couldn't even put my clothes there-DISGusting !!!I even paid the german maid with 5€ to clean the room,but she didnt do it right,and she is quite rude and idiot.Found her on the corridir smoking while she was cleaning.After all as i said i dont kniw about the rooms from the main hotel but the annexe is DISGUSTiNG.what the people are trying to say here finally came true.Food is ok,repetative,basic,you gonna drink from plastic cups if you paid all inclusive,for me the food is fine,but my husband is a fussy eater and he hates everything.Then the best thing this hotel has i think is the pool,wich is ok,even very good for 2* hotel.The best time we are having there thats it.We are still here and i find myself complaining every day ar reception for different things.Ah forgot about -paid 20€ for 7 days wi-Fi but not working.Asked the lady at the reception whats happening she doesnt care and she even charged me again 20€ because she understood me wrong(she didnt speak 1 word english)most of them they dont speak.I would come back to Majorca but sorry not to this hotel.The annexe is not a hotel,is a rabish building dirty and disgusting.Believe me ,it is BaD!!! Don't even thing about coming here.i am serious

1  Thank alexynha
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week stay at Playa Blanca it actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting after reading reviews on here.

We went bed & breakfast as we were only planning on using the hotel as a base as we have been to S'Illot before and were planning on eating out most nights.

The breakfast was a little bland same things over and over so ended up going out for breakfast towards the end of the week.

The room was clean and maids came everyday to sweep floors, empty bins and change towels. People moaning about towels not getting changed everyday obviously didn't take any notice of the sign on the bathroom wall you need to put dirty towels in the bath if you want clean everyday!

The rooms could do with a refurb but as I said you get what you pay for but as we only really used the hotel to shower, change and sleep I thought it was fine but I suppose it depends how much time you spend there.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I booked a cheap week all .inclusive 200 pounds each. We had great time. Housed in the annexe yes its old and in desperate need of refurb BUT room was clean and staff couldn't do enough clean towels/sheets (think people need to treat staff with some respect u then get it back double fold).
The food was basic but plenty fresh salad and fruit. The area is beautiful and Sa Coma beach outstanding.
Local restraunts/cafes fantastic, great value.
Think there must be some really mean minded folk posting on here ARE U LOOKING FOR 5 STAR HOTEL AT THESE PRICES?
As for the staff we both found them polite and very helpful. Bernardo and Monica in the bar 2 of the nicest people u could meet (although CD collection a bit suspect).
We had a great cheap chill out week with books/sun/drinks. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank westkilbride
Also consider these accommodations in or near S'illot
Playamar
#17 of 29 in Sa Coma
Catalonia Colombo
Catalonia Colombo
#7 of 13 in S'illot

Been to Playa Blanca Hotel? Share your experiences!