“We had a nice time! No Problems”
Review of Playa Blanca Hotel

Playa Blanca Hotel
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in S'illot
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Well. As mentioned before we were a little unsure of booking based on the previous reviews here but as a young british family in todays times of trying to holiday on the cheap we just went for it. As far as previous experiance we have at most done 4* in the past so maybe were a little cheap lol however we had no problems with our stay here. We went B&B and ate out in the evenings. Lots of bars and restaraunts to find. (Can imagine ALL INC being too much but cannot comment as we went B&B)

Location: Spot on-In-between 2 cracking little resorts- Bang in the middle 10 mins walk from either. Sa Coma best in my opinion.

Eating: Theres plenty but the best was a stroll into Sa Coma to Kenna's Irish bar-Good food and good value. Worth a visit.

Room: Cleaned daily with a very good sized apartment and balcony over looking the sea past some another hotel Playa Dorada. (Note,it appeared to us anyone with baby's and toddlers where getting these bigger corner plot rooms) Very quiet so all 3 of us slept well.

Breakfast: Traditional cooked breakfast buffet style which suited me. Wife and son had cereals or toast (However hotel does need to invest in a decent toaster) Tea and coffee was nice however milk is the UHT stuff but thats what you get on most of the continent up to 4* lol
Try the Expresso Capochino thing was lovely-

Pool: Was ok but with such nice beach of either S'illot or Sa Coma just ten mins walk away for either it didn't get a look in unfortunateley. Sa Comas beach was amazing for kids and young family's. Really nice. Will recommend resort to friends now.....Even the posh ones...

Staff: Helped us print our boarding passes on their computer. Other than that they smiled and helped where possible-No problem

Time for some negatives as it must have some being 2* (But if you can see past it ??)
Rooms furniture outdated.
The 2 Lifts are tiny.
Entertainment in Evenings. Out of season ie School holidays for us so cant comment in Season

Don't be pt off by reviews. If you want a cheap holiday and are not expecting the ritz this really is fine. If not happy with your room ask to move rooms-Simple, I would recommend any friend in need of a cheap get away to do this trip. (I would suggest were easily pleased but remembered who I'm married too)

I have added my rating of this hotel as average because thats exactly what it is. No marble floors but tiles galore lol so don't be put off. Marble or tiles? Up to you?

Spar Shop directly behind hotel which sells everything you need however we flew in late and was shut till morning. Could have done with a water or something! hotel bar was shut but i'm talking 1am when we turned in..

Anyway if you go have fun--A holiday is what you make it really-Well thats what we said and did!

Never more than 4*

Room Tip: Ask for corner room as they are bigger! We had back facing which was fine for us as it was shaded ye...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
26  Thank Roodog4545

Reviewed May 24, 2012

5 day break, read the reviews before I left, but it was mega cheap flights with Ryanair so did the hotel match the mega cheap price? Tired, jaded and in need of a revamp. Arrived Saturday evening to find a guy playing an organ and a guy on drums and the dance floor full of pensioners waltzing..omg!. No young people in sight. Missed the meal so wandered down the front ( have been to S'illot before ) for a drink and a snack. Back to the hotel and bed. The room was clean, the bathroom adequate and the balcony large, overlooking the pool. Other reviewers have mentioned the state of the rooms. The furnishings were old but adequate, plenty of draw and hanging space. The safe is 17 Euros for the week, the same for the tv and a fan. The bedding was crisp, clean and the pillows very very comfy and the bed was comfy too. My shower was fine the bathroom even had a bidet!. Now comes the crunch..the food....I was half board, Breakfast..ok...I suggest you take a mug because the tea cups are pathetic. Plenty of choice and always a good choice of fresh fruit available. Dinner...well...hit and miss. The hotel is used by two German tour operators so the food is geared towards that market. Of the five nights I was there I ate salad and chips and ate out two other nights. Fish or pork..I could not tell what it was. The continental diners..they filled their plates. The entertainemnt in the evening was zero, apart from the Saturday evening dance and the bar had one or two people in it at most. The guests seemed to prefer to go to the sister hotel in the evenings. The pool area, well if you were up at dawn to bag a sun bed you were fine, but the beaches at S'illot are superb, the sea crystal clear. A sun bed and the straw umbrella 7.90 euros to hire. Cheaper to buy a brolly from the shop for 6 euros and leave it at end of holiday. I like S'illot, The Faulty Towers restaurant does great food too, he remembered me from last yr. The hours transfer from the airport is the only drawback. Will I return? Yes if I can't find a cheaper deal else where.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, the other side overlooks a posh hotel and a back street, but yo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank kasavon
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

I never usually write on here about my holiday experience, but having seen so many moaning comments I feel I I have to!

At the end of the day yes the hotel does need a little tlc and bringing back up to the modern era but you have to make do with what you've got, look at it half full not half empty!

We arrived late and waited for about 10 mins to get checked in, we proceeded to our room which was facing the back of the hotel (other side to the pool view) and had a problem with the u bend on the sink, the staff were more than helpful to give us a new room and with a poolside view,

The food wasn't the ritz but what are you expecting from a 2-star hotel?!

We had a fantastic holiday and can't understand why people can moan about a 2star hotel expecting 5!! The beach is lovely and plenty of bars, you don't have to stay in the hotel!!

To anyone reading this, honestly it is fine! The staff are not always behind the bar as they are usually manning the reception. But are more than happy to help as soon as they see you waiting!!

Ps don't try the local shot if you want a 48hr hangover!!

• Stayed: April 2012
9  Thank leeg89beck90
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Booked 4 nights at this Hotel for my wife & myself on arival could not find anyone to check us in a lady arrived after about 10 minuets gave us our room keys we went to room smelled musty we payed for pool view and got bins view went back to reception waited for lady to come 5 minuets told her we paid for pool view after some mumbleing she moved us .We desided to go to the bar for a drink no one serving lady from reception came to serve us no draught beer bottles only the glasses were dirty gave here 5 eur for drink not no change she asked mantenance man for 2 eur to give us our change We spoke to people by the pool and they told us not to eat in hotel so we ate out that evening went back to hotel the entertainment was the worst that i have seen hotel manager sang karaoke all in German Spanish We disided to stay the night and see for ourselfs what the breakfast was like what a shock when we walked into the resteraunt it was filthy no staff cold bacon cold beans and eggs my wife tried the food (very brave) i had toast all the breads were just left in open bags they looked as though they had been there for days that is when we disided to check out went to our room packed our bags went down to reception to check out guess what no one there waited 5mins no one came .As we were leaving we looked across to the pool area and all the staff all 3 of them were having a smoke .Please .Please dont go to this Hotel

Room Tip: ask for pool view
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank kenbirm
Reviewed April 29, 2012

1. Hotel OK - location good - resort nice but a little quiet for some. Staff = pleasant enough if you could find any! Rooms adequate but need a little updating.

2. Food - ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING (written by somebody who eats everything and isn't too fussy).. Typical buffet was overcooked pasta; tomato sauce; still frozen chips; cauliflower???? (goes very well with chips!); nasty cheap frozen pizza; leftover stuffed cabbage leaves; some meatballs; lettuce, tomatoes (good!); bread and butter (delicious); odd shaped kiwi fruit and pears and hideous luminous jellly/cream dessert. No charcuterie, no cheese, no wine, no coffee. There are some excellent cheap Chinese restaurants down the road where you can eat wonderful and I mean wonderful Chinese food - about five courses for less than six euros.

3. If you like to drink vodka from 10 a.m. to 10 pm. - have disgusting food and the WORST entertainment known to humanity and I mean THE WORST!!!!! A DJ who put all the wrong tracks on an couldn't operate his 'machine' - an old wannabe Liverpudlian singer - my dog could sing better. He was SO BAD we couldn't even LAUGH. He was too frustrating and loved the sound of his own voice but just needed to shut up. I don't think I've ever seen my husband so irritated by somebody that he wanted to take the pressure washer located by the swimming pool and zap him. This is the sort of place that you feel embarassed to be British!

4. The GYM and indoor SWIMMING POOL - DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT, take your trainers and gym gear - JUST HAVE A LOOK OF MY PHOTOS OF THIS FILTHY AREA - YUK, YUK, YUK!

You may think this is all negative. Look, my holiday was mega cheap on Ice Lolly.com. The hotel was OK really for what we paid for it and yes, we went all inclusive and appreciated the free drinks but THAT FOOD ........................ Y U K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel sick even now at just the thought of it. Come on PLAYA BLANCA - you can do better than this!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank ChrisW-Bournemouth
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The reviews on here make me mad, it was cheap and cheerful, i have just returned from a lovely short break, the hotel was a bit shabby but absolultly smashing for what we paid, the staff were friendly and helpfull, the hotel was quiet but to be expected out of season ! they served drinks in glasses at night, the plastic cups were for by the pool, they played music everynight, we stayed bed and breakfast, the breakfast was perfectly fine, lots of choice and all hot, the drinks were very reasonably priced, The location was excellent, 2 minutes from the beach and lovely small bars and eating venues. we took a lovely 3 hour boat trip for 20 euros, and got off in neighbouring town Porto Cristo, where we had a fantastic meal. i am looking to go back there as the location was so good and the holiday was so cheap, if you want luxury pay for it !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
20  Thank linda f
Reviewed April 23, 2012

well what can i say about this hotel it was a rubbish hole.
very old decor, covers that smell like old people, plug sockets hanging off the wall, moldy curtains really did have mold on them, doors that never locked easy to brake into, dirty floors, pubes in the bath tub, shower was poor only dribbled abit of water out (not powerful one bit) no air con, no heating as was cold most nights, maids were very lazy and never cleaned only put beds together and emptied toilet bin sometimes, cracks in the walls, walls were very thin could hear everything from next door, very small room hardly no where to put your stuff, every time you turn lights on one would take about 40-50 seconds longer then the other one to come on and would take 5-10 to actually brighten up, the bar was awful, every drink i got it was served in a kids school tiny plastic cup all the drinks was very watered down and i had to drink all of my drink 1st before i could get another one, all the fizzy drinks was watered down and bar closed at 10 every night, with no loud music and no entertainment but old Spanish and German people dancing around one night, food was absolute a disgrace all of it was freezing had to Que up for a bit of toast for god sake then took longer than 8 minutes to pop up then from that my food was stone cold, hairy plates to! couldn't even get a drink at evening time with your meal as they just cover them up with sheets but i took it off and made myself a drink and got told off, do not go near their chicken it was always raw! that's why particularly every day we went out for food and made our day a lot better! sunbeds were dirty and so was the swimming pool, indoor swimming pool is tiny! not very deep had a little dive and hit me head on the floor did not have any signs up saying how deep what so ever and it was also very dark without light, the gym was utterly shameful none of the gym wear worked it was also dark and damp down their, bar staff were very rude and stary didn't feel comfortable one bit, all they worry about is themselves sorting their own drinks when working and their was never any bar staff straight at the bar you have to always wait around for 10 to 15 minutes just for one drink then most of the time when they rush to get you a drink they only fill the plastic cup up half way, the suitcase scales lied they were just scamming you for money no one on reception hardly ever,! would never go back to the same hotel money wasted!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brady b
Also consider these accommodations in or near S'illot
Playa Moreia Apartments
#9 of 78 in Playa de Palma
TRH Magaluf
TRH Magaluf
#36 of 38 in Palmanova

Been to Playa Blanca Hotel? Share your experiences!