TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
A great day out

We booked a 60hp boat for 4 adults to cruise round the south east corner of Kefalonia. Booking was... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Donald C
via mobile
Good well kitted boat hire

We hired two boats from this company last week, both were well looked after with 60 HP engines and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
phil m
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Skala
from $3.39
More Info
from $87.41
More Info
All reviews cool box jet ski only accessible by boat including fuel great fun motor boat donuts ice box luxury boat souvlaki antisamos beach water sports safety brief worked perfectly check availability very friendly and helpful staff anti samos
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived at the Dolphin water sports and boat rental. My husband and myself, had unfortunately got the dates muddled, as we wanted to do this on our wedding anniversary and both got the wrong day anyway Nickie and her crew where extremely understanding and no extra charge was incurred.
They explained the terms and conditions fully, including fuel costing. And if damage to the boat occurred, charges that would be applied.
We had a wonderful time.We saw a dolphin, 5 short- toed eagles and plenty of
fish when snorkelling.
Thankyou Nickie and your very friendly team for a great time Helen nd Steve B

Reviewed September 12, 2019

After reading other peoples similar accounts about being Charged an extortionate amount for fuel we didn't use. Ive decide to leave my first ever review to warn people about this company. Ive noticed a few people on here saying they were over charged on fuel they didn't use. This happened to me also. I also notice that the manager Nickie tries her best to get the last word in in all these cases by giving a poor excuse and some rubbish statement when shes perfectly aware that she charges people for fuel that has not been used. 45 euro for fuel when i checked the tank and it was still full. I hadn't touched the reserve fuel....so why charge me???? Dont write back nickie!!! I dont want to hear your lies. The fact is....you charge people for a full tank of fuel and two reserve cans......weather your customers use them or not......don't you!!! And the only answer you should give is "YES" because thats the truth isnt it! Unfortunately though......thats dishonest and you ARE ripping people off. So save your squirming reply on here.....we both know the truth.! I ask people reading this to read every comment on here as theres a few about this fuel scam! Or use this company and just check your tank when you bring the boat back and you will find out yourself!!! They are trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Why should you pay for fuel you dont use....and these people are going to use again! They are making more money from the unused fuel than the actual boat hire!!!!

Date of experience: September 2019
875nickiew, Manager at Dolphin Ski Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2019

I remember your visit, which was on the 25th August. The reason why I remember so clearly was for the violent and abusive way that you spoke to staff and myself even though we continued to speak to you in a calm manner. I see the abuse continues still with your review, which I pretty sure falls outside of TripAvisor’s guidelines.

I also remember it very cleary because both yourself and your partner were intoxicated when you returned with our boat. Our rental agreement, you know the one we ask you to read carefully and sign in the morning, states clearly no alcohol is permitted whilst operating the boat. One of the rules that you missed, along with the one underneath that states clearly the renter pays for their consumed fuel, at the price we buy it when they return with the boat.

It is extremely clear when you rent a boat from us that the fuel is extra. I told you this when you booked the boat. I even gave you a rough estimate of what you might expect to pay.

You rented the 30HP standard boat and these boats hold €50 in the tank. We also have onboard, for your safety, in case you were to use all the fuel, an extra 8 litres. It’s only one extra can, not two! With your intoxication I can imagine that you probably did indeed see two. You only paid for the fuel you used in the tank!

Now the other thing is, we have trackers on the boats, so we can see your distance travelled. Yours was 57 kilometres. The charge of €45 for your fuel was correct and I even went down to check the tank myself because you were being abusive towards my staff and you had used well over 3/4 of the tank.

In all the years I have worked at Dolphin I have never witnessed such disgraceful behaviour from a tourist. It was only when we were going to call the police did you settle down, but in hindsight I should have because after your rant on the side of the road after you left us, you then proceeded to drive back towards Lourdas whilst intoxicated, putting even more people at risk.

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

Prior to our holiday I had correspondence with Nickie regarding types of boats and she promptly answered any questions. We booked our hire when we were on holiday and had a boat on Friday 6th September. Nickie provided a map and gave really good tips about using the oars to gauge the water depth. It was very clear when we booked and before we went out that fuel is in addition to the cost of the boat hire. The driver of the boat is shown how to operate the boat and anchor by one of the dolphin crew. A cool box of ice is provided and contact numbers in case of any problems. We had a fabulous day, we visited secluded coves that we spotted along the way and snorkelled and swam in the clear turquoise sea. We also visited the beach with the man who serves food and had lunch here. I would definitely recommend this company and this activity. It was so peaceful going along the coastline and stopping when ever we wanted to. We will definitely do this again when we hopefully return next year. Thanks again Nickie and all the team at dolphin.x

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We rented a boat for two days from Dolphin and cant recomend this enough.
the boats are great, capable, well looked after and a perfect way to explore.
Dolphin are a lovley company to deal with, frienldy and welcoming and we will use them again when we return next year.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Hired a small motorboat for the day with two teenage children. Explanation of where to go and how to operate the boat were excellent.
Cruised up the east coast to areas where cars cannot access visiting numerous small beaches and coves, dropping anchor, swimming, snorkelling, and climbing up the rocky shoreline. One cove had a guy who provided a BBQ lunch and drinks at a very reasonable price. Also anchored at Antisamos beach and had beer and cocktails at the bar!
A fantastic day out that I would recommend to all!

Date of experience: August 2019