“Ticked all the boxes” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Costa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skala
Villa Costa
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Skala
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Ticked all the boxes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We spent 2 weeks in the Villa Costa in June and had a fabulous time. It was faultless. The accomadation and food were first class. A lot of thought went into making your holiday a truly memorable vacation.Being in a superb location,a short walk to Skala and even a shorter walk to the beach directly across the quiet road.This is definately a place for a return visit.Thanks to all at Villa Costa for making this a brilliant holiday

4 Thank Susan505

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent last week at the Villa Costa in Skala, Greece and it is one of the nicest places I have stayed at. I cannot fault anything - the villa itself is fabulous, the food is superb, the pool is divine and the staff extremely lovely, especially Theo! It really is a very grown up holiday and I would recommend it to those who seek luxury, comfort and P & Q!!!

Room Tip: just ask - they are all good!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank wendy n
Cephalonia, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have just returned from my third stay inside two years at the wonderful Villa Costa and I have already booked for next year. I am also hoping to return later this year too if I can.

This is a little gem of a hotel, set in the stunning island of Kefalonia, which has now become my spiritual home. Mario, Sophia, Theo, Tashula, chef Demitris and all the team at Villa Costa work quietly away in the background to make sure that your stay is perfect in every way. Others, including myself last year, have already described the BBQ and wine tasting evening and the Greek night, and these are always superb, well worth attending. I was on half board this year which made it possible for me to spend more on the lovely wines that Mario has on offer. If you visit, please do take advantage of Mario and Theo's knowledge of the Greek wines and like me last year, I am sure you will discover the beauty of them.

This year I had a friend with me for one of my two weeks, who is a vegetarian. This did not in any way cause a problem as it sometimes can in Greece. Mario and Demitris produced some excellent very tasty vegetarian meals for her, always something a little different to the standard vegetarian fare, and it was obvious that a lot of thought had gone into the meals.

Mario has set Villa Costa up to be a complete experience, not just somewhere to sleep. Everything is superbly crafted down to the very last detail. His love of fine wines and good fresh food shines through, and he is such a kind and lovely quiet man. Whilst there I always feel so special and cossetted, and so many other guests have said the same. Nothing is too much trouble, just ask. Mario's mother Sophia is an amazing lady, I have become very fond of her, and Theo and Tashula are always smiling and helpful, so friendly. Do take advantage of Theo's expertise with cocktails late in the afternoon!

I now feel that I am part of an extended family at Villa Costa and know that I will return as often as I can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank carolinelaw
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have just returned from our most relaxing holiday ever. Everything about this hotel is superb.
We were upgraded to half board and having thought we would still eat out a few nights, after the first couple of meals we couldn't resist the menu each night! The BBQ evening was great fun with everyone getting together. Theo and Tashula were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
Taxis drivers in scala really helpful and picked us up from hotel and took us to Katelios beach(sandy beach) and came and picked us up when requested. Would take beach/water shoes when returning as beach in scala quite gravelly. Wonderful hotel and holiday and will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Maia on ground floor and liked that we could just go out of patio doors to the pool
5 Thank tesni
sussex,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Chilled, relaxed and serene is what you get if you stay at this hotel.
Being a well traveled couple my wife and I found this to be one of our most relaxing holidays. From the minuet you enter the gates Mario and his team make sure you have a faultless holiday.
The rooms are charming and cleaned every day and all but one over look the sea and the beautiful garden.
The food was wonderful, well presented and always cooked to order.
Having met some lovely people it felt like at times you was in your own villa just chilling with family.
If you want a relaxed and well presented holiday then Villa costa comes highly recommended.

Stayed 5th-12th June room Hermione

2 Thank martin s
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

A beautiful, immaculate boutique hotel, in close proximity to the beach (situated across a quiet road). The food is excuisite, and the decor and comfort is second to none.Most luxurious hotel Ive ever been to. We stayed here May/June 2011

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sally L
Blackburn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Having just returned yesterday from Villa Costa I can only add my priase to the commets I have already read. Charming, beautiful and immaculate desribes this gem. Mario, Theo and Mama are always there to ensure you have the best stay. Our room was spacious, clean and had all the ammenties you need. The food was amazing, delicious and a treat everyday to look forward to. Small and very hospitable. Mario and his family and team have created a relaxed and freindly atmosphere and I too will be returning at the first opportunity. Thank you for a great week celebrating my brother in laws birthday and helping to make it special for him. The wine cellar and the knowledge of how and what to drink added to our holiday, as we were able to enjoy many selective wines throughout our week. Our party of 4 were the first guest for this season, great time to enjoy the sunshine.

Room Tip: All rooms here are individual and "Hermione" was perfect for us. Ground floor with a doubl...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank grim1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skala
Paspalis Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lourdata
Asteris Hotel
Asteris Hotel
#10 of 23 in Skala

Been to Villa Costa? Share your experiences!