“Fantastic holiday”
Review of Villa Costa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skala
Villa Costa
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Skala
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have just returned from our most relaxing holiday ever. Everything about this hotel is superb.
We were upgraded to half board and having thought we would still eat out a few nights, after the first couple of meals we couldn't resist the menu each night! The BBQ evening was great fun with everyone getting together. Theo and Tashula were really friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
Taxis drivers in scala really helpful and picked us up from hotel and took us to Katelios beach(sandy beach) and came and picked us up when requested. Would take beach/water shoes when returning as beach in scala quite gravelly. Wonderful hotel and holiday and will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Maia on ground floor and liked that we could just go out of patio doors to the pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tesni

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Chilled, relaxed and serene is what you get if you stay at this hotel.
Being a well traveled couple my wife and I found this to be one of our most relaxing holidays. From the minuet you enter the gates Mario and his team make sure you have a faultless holiday.
The rooms are charming and cleaned every day and all but one over look the sea and the beautiful garden.
The food was wonderful, well presented and always cooked to order.
Having met some lovely people it felt like at times you was in your own villa just chilling with family.
If you want a relaxed and well presented holiday then Villa costa comes highly recommended.

Stayed 5th-12th June room Hermione

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martin s
Reviewed June 11, 2012

A beautiful, immaculate boutique hotel, in close proximity to the beach (situated across a quiet road). The food is excuisite, and the decor and comfort is second to none.Most luxurious hotel Ive ever been to. We stayed here May/June 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Sally L
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Having just returned yesterday from Villa Costa I can only add my priase to the commets I have already read. Charming, beautiful and immaculate desribes this gem. Mario, Theo and Mama are always there to ensure you have the best stay. Our room was spacious, clean and had all the ammenties you need. The food was amazing, delicious and a treat everyday to look forward to. Small and very hospitable. Mario and his family and team have created a relaxed and freindly atmosphere and I too will be returning at the first opportunity. Thank you for a great week celebrating my brother in laws birthday and helping to make it special for him. The wine cellar and the knowledge of how and what to drink added to our holiday, as we were able to enjoy many selective wines throughout our week. Our party of 4 were the first guest for this season, great time to enjoy the sunshine.

Room Tip: All rooms here are individual and "Hermione" was perfect for us. Ground floor with a doubl...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank grim1
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Could not fault this hotel. Small (only 7 rooms) but absolutely immaculate with beautifully maintained garden and pool area and spacious rooms .It was a welcome change to the usual range of sanitised non descript and characterless chain hotels that one generally encounters nowadays. Although we were there right at the end of the season ,with most other establishments in the area closed, this did not impact on our stay as our owner host Mario made his guests very welcome .The meals were excellent and an interesting introduction to Greek wines (some very good) was laid on by Mario as a prelude to a barbecue evening.

Others have posted here that they will return and my wife and I will certainly be amongst them.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank morrisminor
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Had a very relaxing week mainly because it was the last week of the season,Mario was just as previously stated very helpful and friendly.Nice room,wonderful shower and perfect housekeeping.Good food even though the much praised chef had left for the season.
Overall a good break.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank terriandphil
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Just wanted to add a few extra words to my original review which was posted on Trip Advisor in July. I did indeed go back for a return visit, just 3 weeks later in August. Everything I said in my first review is still valid, so I won’t repeat it all, other than to thank the genuinely lovely Mario for his warm welcome back, friendly and always smiling Theo at the bar, welcoming and attentive waitress Elena, superb chef Babis (whose fault it is that I always come home half a stone heavier as I can’t resist his cooking!) and of course not forgetting Mario’s Mum Sophia, a delightful lady with a ready smile who did wonders with my washing! Thank you all for another lovely holiday.

If you get the chance to visit Villa Costa, go without hesitation. You won’t regret it. Whether you just want to lie by the pool and feel that you are in your own villa in the company of friends, or whether you want to use it as a base in which to explore the stunning island of Kefalonia, you will be drawn back time and time again.

Mario, Sophia and their team have created something special which you will never forget. I have already booked for 2 weeks next year and will no doubt end up staying for longer!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. If you want a view of the sea choose Persephone, Helene or Artemis. But downs...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank carolinelaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skala
2 mi away
Mounda Beach Hotel
Mounda Beach Hotel
#18 of 23 in Skala
Porto Skala Hotel & Village

Been to Villa Costa? Share your experiences!